Neymar Jr | PSG | 2017/2018 performances

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I reckon he'll tear the French league up.

Paris St-Germain have signed Brazil forward Neymar for a world record fee of 222m euros (£200m) from Barcelona.

The deal for the 25-year-old smashes the previous record set when Paul Pogba returned to Manchester United from Juventus for £89m in August 2016.

Neymar will earn 45m euros (£40.7m) a year - 865,000 euros (£782,000) a week - before tax from the initial five-year deal, a total outlay of £400m.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40762417

Last edited:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's gonna lead them to a CL win. He's that good of a player.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
You must have been building up your neck muscles for the last 6 weeks to come out with something like that.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Imagine how PSG fans must be feeling.

NotQuiteManc

Amazing.

Not the reveal video, just that Neymar would really go to PSG.

KM

For that to happen I feel like PSG has to improve its GK position and defence.
Thiago and Marquinhos are pretty good CB pairing. Alves/Mounier are very good right fb options. Agree about their GK being shit.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Best possible outcome here would be PSG being banned from the CL due to breaching FFP.

That combined with the salt we've already seen from Barca would be priceless.

(yes, I am envious.)

idmanager

This was sort of Woody's wet dream. Pogba looks like a bargain buy now

spiriticon

I'm still reeling at the transfer fee. Not only have they passed the 100 million mark, they've blown it clean out of the water.

rtr

Say what you want about their playing success, but in the off-season window, you just do not screw around with PSG

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
How many goals will he score in Ligue 1? I'm gonna go with 67.

littlepeasoup

Even when we signed Pogba for a record fee, our team wasn't all about Pogba. This PSG team is going to be *all* about Neymar. Scratch that, the entire French league is going to be *all* about Neymar.

KM

Don't worry if I'm wrong, I'm wrong happens to everyone.

I'm going to stick to my guns - this transfer will not happen. He's an attention-seeker that has taken this further than even he originally intended but he just isn't going to go to Ligue 1; he'll have a revelation during his "thought-clearing" in London that he wants to stay at Barcelona after all.

And even if PSG do sign Neymar, they've killed themselves. That's £198m in ONE HIT, on this year's accounts... the other big clubs are already ganging up on them not to bail them out of their FFP situation by paying big money for their players, PSG will either end up banned from European competition or lose pretty much all of their other desirable assets.

Acole9

Outstanding
I don't think this can be considered a world record fee because surely it needs to be between the clubs. Neymar has paid off the rest of his contract with Barcelona which therefore made him a free agent.

RedCurry

Memphis to outshine Neymar next season in Ligue 1.

Okay it wont happen but I'll look really clever if it did.

Utd7

Well done to PSG.

My only concern is Barca going all out for Greizmann. If they do, then forget next summer, we have to go all in too.

Nicklas

Such a shame seeing a talent like Neymar spend his peak at Ligue 1.

ChaddyP

I'm liking this move. More balance in the world of superstars. Just goes to show what can happen when you have too many superstars in one club.

Hope the French league gets more recognition now. They have also been producing some astonishing talent.

idmanager

If he scores 40 goals in the Frennch league, would you call him a failure of would you call the French league not so weak? :confused:

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Barcelona have too many problems with their overall team structure etc.
Yeah, PSG, the guys who finished behind Monaco and said bye in QF are obviously better set for the European trophy