Neymar Jr | PSG | 2017/2018 performances

The Bloody-Nine

No, they just dont give as much yellow cards at this WC as they should. Then the kicking would stop. It is as easy as it gets really. Not just Neymar, but everybody. But Neymar is the most fouled player and players get away with murder, as seen in the Brazil games.
So your problem is with refs being too lenient in general. Fair enough, if that's how you feel. That doesn't mean that refs are treating Neymar differently, which is what you said.

As for poor Brazil, they would never stoop to those kinds of horrible tacti....hang on.

Pekerman immediately handed a young James Rodriguez - who had just three caps to his name - the No.10 shirt and set about a rejuvenation, building his side around the talented playmaker and ushering in a new era by turning back to the principles laid down in the 1990s. Colombia raced into Brazil as runners-up in South American qualifying. “He has regained the identity of Colombian football,” Valderrama said ahead of the 2014 World Cup.

They would go on to achieve their best ever finish as Brazil quite literally kicked them out in the quarter-finals, the tactical fouling of James key to their gameplan. Brazil committed 31 fouls that evening, their highest total in a World Cup match since records began.

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...e-history-against-england#udZZXTdf6alUirj6.99

Anyway, all of the best players get fouled more than normal players. Not all of them react like Neymar. Who cheats.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's a knob, but he does get fouled more than any other player.

The moment Layun stepped on the field, he was going after Neymar constantly.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Some of you are like those who say 'Hey, this woman has been raped: fully deserved because she was provocative'...

Sorry, I haven't found better metaphor to rephrase some posts

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Some of you are like those who say 'Hey, this woman has been raped: fully deserved because she was provocative'...

What the feck...

klsv

Comparing Neymar to a rape victim?

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
For me Neymar is much much more unlikable compared with Suarez, not even close. Suarez got some good qualities at the very least such as being able to be happy when Cavani scores or okay with someone else having the spotlight.

For the second goal it's so fun how Neymar doesn't run to Firminho, but backs away and demand them to come to him. He is the complete package of everything there is to hate in a human being.

Trizy

He's making a complete fool out of himself in front if the whole world. Simple as.

cyberman

Horrible comparison but wouldn't Neymar be the woman who falsely claims rape in this scenario?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He stepped on him knowing that he has ankle problems. Very ugly.If I were him, I would also want to get a card.
Maybe he is too much in the floor. I think that at least 1/4 of the times it's to show us his boots clearly, like when he ties his boots during the game.
If he could wear a watch ,would be looking at it every five minutes.
What I don't like it's the sarcastic and derogatory attitude that sometimes he has with the rivals after a nutmeg, a dribble, etc, something that several players reproached him several times and never listed about Messi or Cristiano

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

:lol:

You get fouled a lot if you're a good dribbler. It's just a fact of football.

The playacting and theatrics is what people hate about Neymar.

the_irish123

People are hating him on a very strange level. The Schmeischel quote was particularly weird "FIFA has to look into suspending him". Honestly, if you are him what are you supposed to do today? He was clearly behaving better this game, you couldn't find one dive and then the guy stamps on him. What is he supposed to do? The idiocy of Mexican defender isn't pointed out though, only his reaction. Neymar just can't win.

Last edited:

Kostur

海尔的老板
With Neymar the 'most fouled player' stat is simply skewed. He's constantly doing this thing where he'll stand with the ball, seemingly shield it when he can easily pass it to just anybody and move the whole thing forward but instead he'll wait for somebody to come close to him and drop at the earliest convenience, that's why so many people, myself included, dislike him. He doesn't really care about 'the beauty of football', all he cares about is the highlights of him and being talked about, even if it's playing the victim.

Layun stepped on him intentionally I'm pretty sure, his antics though, the anti-sportsmanship (because it is exactly that), the diving, I'm not overly surprised that he's getting those stamps, pushes, fouls, not because he's so good that he can escape everybody and everybody have to resort to a foul, it's because he's a cnut and other players simply dislike him.

The Bloody-Nine

People are hating him on a very strange level. The Schmeischel quote was particularly weird "FIFA has to look into suspending him". Honestly, if you are him what are you supposed to do today? He was clearly behaving better this game, you couldn't find one dive and then the guy stamps on him. What is he supposed to do? The idiocy of Mexican defender isn't pointed out though, only his reaction. Neymar just can't win.
He didn't stamp on him, stop being dishonest.

chicha14

for me what makes his play acting worse is the fact that he is a bloody brilliant footballer, if he eliminates that and just plays his game then he will hands down be the one to take over the reigns from Ronaldo and Messi but it will not happen if he remains immature and petulant!

AndyJ1985

You're trying to justify cheating. It'll be a sad day for sport and humanity when it's the people condemning cheating who are the ones that are considered to be in the wrong.

Treble

Playacting is a natural thing for South Europeans and Americans. It's a cultural thing. Like many other footballers Neymar is not particularly bright but he wouldn't do it if it were as unacceptable in Brazil/Spain as it is in England or Germany.

His behaviour makes him look like a tool but one can't deny his work rate. Unlike Messi, he is putting a shift in every single game. His work rate is far better than Messi's. And he doesn't shy away from taking responsibility in difficult moments. There is a reason why Madrid are willing to break the bank for him.

Rossa

For me Neymar is much much more unlikable compared with Suarez, not even close. Suarez got some good qualities at the very least such as being able to be happy when Cavani scores or okay with someone else having the spotlight.

For the second goal it's so fun how Neymar doesn't run to Firminho, but backs away and demand them to come to him. He is the complete package of everything there is to hate in a human being.
Slight exaggeration?

Treble

12 y.o.?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

:lol:

I know which is important.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Good to see no over the top things being said in this thread.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Footballer poses with 2 kids. Hero. :rolleyes:
Well much better than "football rolled over because some cnut stood on his ankle" so he is the worst human being ever.

Whatever it is, Neymar gave a memory for life time for that kid. It's not even just he posed, he went there and picked up the kid who came on to the field.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Prick of a man. I want Brazil knocked out as soon as possible just so I don't have to see his idiotic face any more this World Cup.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Obviously not a “complete package of everything to hate in a human being” but he’s definitely the complete package of everything to hate in a footballer. The embodiment of why this sport is sometimes difficult to defend to fans of sports that aren’t infested with cheating prima donnas.

Hawks2008

Tbh unless flair players like Neymar get more protection from referees. Not saying I like it but it's easy to see why it happens.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The state of this thread, Neymar is irritating nothing more. There are people in your neighborhood that are criminals and that beat their spouses and children among other things. As far as I know Neymar is none of these things.

Pogue Mahone

The state of this thread, Neymar is irritating nothing more. There are people in your neighborhood that are criminals and that beat their spouses and children among other things. As far as I know Neymar is none of these things.
See my post further up the page. In a message board where people feel strongly about football a player whose behaviour brings shame on the sport is bound to provoke harsh comments.

TheKaiser

People are hating him on a very strange level. The Schmeischel quote was particularly weird "FIFA has to look into suspending him". Honestly, if you are him what are you supposed to do today?
For example not rolling on the ground like he want to beat The Titanic for most academy awards...

JPRouve

Scout
See my post further up the page. In a message board where people feel strongly about football a player whose behaviour brings shame on the sport is bound to provoke harsh comments.
If it's not tongue in cheek, it's just a stupid comment. If we were talking about a violent player it would be harsh but here it's just stupid, I can't even say that it's a lack of perspective.

Pogue Mahone

If it's not tongue in cheek, it's just a stupid comment. If we were talking about a violent player it would be harsh but here it's just stupid, I can't even say that it's a lack of perspective.
The "complete package of everything there is to hate in a human being" comment? Yeah, that was ridiculous. When you said "state of this thread" I thought you were alluding to more than one stupid comment, though. The rest of the comments seem pretty fair to me. Neymar provokes strong feelings but that's only because his antics are so extreme.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Where do you rate Neymar exaggerating a foot stamp compared to historic incidents of shame:

Maradona/Henry/Suarez Handballs, Luis Suarez biting an opponent, Eric Cantona assaulting a spectator, Portugal-Holland 2006 match, Germany-Austria intentional draw 1982, Di Canio's fascist salute to fans, numerous banana incidents, Zidane headbutt ?

JPRouve

Scout
The "complete package of everything there is to hate in a human being" comment? Yeah, that was ridiculous. When you said "state of this thread" I thought you were alluding to more than one stupid comment, though. The rest of the comments seem pretty fair to me. Neymar provokes strong feelings but that's only because his antics are so extreme.
Yeah, you are right. I think that people exaggerate a little bit in this thread but my post was too influenced by two fairly ridiculous posts in the last page.

The Purley King

Where do you rate Neymar exaggerating a foot stamp compared to historic incidents of shame:

Maradona/Henry/Suarez Handballs, Luis Suarez biting an opponent, Eric Cantona assaulting a spectator, Portugal-Holland 2006 match, Germany-Austria intentional draw 1982, Di Canio's fascist salute to fans, numerous banana incidents, Zidane headbutt ?
You forgot rivaldo collapsing holding his face when a football hit his thigh

Pogue Mahone

I can take a little violence in my sports and a sneaky handball is far less embarrassing than Neymar's antics. In order, I'd go with overt fascism/racism then Neymar/Rivaldo then the rest of them.

Of course, the fact there are a bunch of other reasons to be ashamed of being a football fan doesn't make Neymar any less despicable, does it?

And it's not just that one incident either.

I mean, come on, the absolute fecking state of this...