Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Very good example. And signing Falcao out of the blue - there are now plenty of examples.

I think Woodward and LVG have decided that transfer will be done by a team of very very few people, maybe only the 2 of them, so they can eliminate leaks.

Which means there must be a crackerjack huge signing in the next few days - If were not in for Pedro, why was Woodward in Barcelona?!
Are we 100% sure he was in Barcelona?

Sam

Ah I see the usual brigade are out in force. Can't possibly have anyone criticise United.

That naughty @CLARiiON. How dare he.

Revan

Assumptionman
Ah I see the usual brigade are out in force. Can't possibly have anyone criticise United.

No, instead we should say: 'wow, what a joke this Woodward fella is. The guy who broke the two biggest commercial deals in football history and who was the brain behind the biggest sale of a football club in football history don't know how to pay a release clause and think that he can sign Neymar, when every random fool knows that is is impossible. We are a laughing stock! What idiots are leading our club! I miss Gill who never failed in transfers! We are a laughing stock! I am embarrased from our club'.

Now go and eat a snicker, you'll probably feel better.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
No, instead we should say: 'wow, what a joke this Woodward fella is. The guy who broke the two biggest commercial deals in football history and who was the brain behind the biggest sale of a football club in football history don't know how to pay a release clause and think that he can sign Neymar, when every random fool knows that is is impossible. We are a laughing stock! What idiots are leading our club! I miss Gill who never failed in transfers! We are a laughing stock! I am embarrased from our club'.

Now go and eat a snicker, you'll probably feel better.
Exactly. Most footballing exces are clowns compared to Woody. Plus, he has done really good business since LvG, brought in quality, shifted deadweight, reduced wage bill. The criticisms are baffling.

Enigma_87

You know who
If there is even an ounce of truth in that rumor we'd be chasing the wind. Not that it's unlikely as we have done it quite often in the recent past.

Transferred for 60 million EUR two years ago. He's possibly at the best club at the moment, at the back of his best season so far, just entering his prime, he's around 200k EUR per week at Barca, yet somehow he'd want to join United... Yeah right.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
If we pay it, our net spent would be 147m pounds.

We have the money to do so, but it would be a very risky signing. Anyway, I doubt that Neymar would want to leave even if we pay his clause. Which we won't.
Chelsea's would be higher post Pedro, Pogba, Baba and Stones. And Nerman is better than all four(combined)

Revan

Assumptionman
If there is even an ounce of truth in that rumor we'd be chasing the wind. Not that it's unlikely as we have done it quite often in the recent past.

Transferred for 60 million EUR two years ago. He's possibly at the best club at the moment, at the back of his best season so far, just entering his prime, he's around 200k EUR per week at Barca, yet somehow he'd want to join United... Yeah right.
The only think he'll have better here is that we can easily double his wages.

Mali_Zeus

You should read his post again and see what parts are wrong. But I'm sure you won't cause it will deter you from criticizing the club at every oportunity. Oh and we're a laughing stock.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I must buy a pair of those red tinted spectacles some of you are wearing.

Unless you think @CLARiiON (a Barca fan) has an agenda against United? Which seems to be the default response to anyone that dare criticise/say something negative about United.

Like it or not, we're a bit of a laughingstock to opposition fans. Don't believe me? Just ask them.
It can't be much fun constantly being negative on behalf of the club you support. And asking people if they think we're a laughing stock? Yeah sure some wont critisize the club at all but whats worse is ppl complaing and blaming the club for everything, even stories thats most probably bullshit.

Enigma_87

You know who
The only think he'll have better here is that we can easily double his wages.
I think Barca can do that as well. Messi earns more I think, and Neymar is probably be the next one in the ranks of being best in the world, so I can't see any reason why Barca won't double his wages to keep him at their ranks.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel

He would be the main man at United and the club and its history could appeal to him. That said we aren't gonna sign him anyway as he is at Barcelona and scoring goals for fun. Have their been any disagreements between Neymar and Luis Enrique? Other thing could be that Neymar is in Messi shadow while at the club and thinks that a move could see him as the Ballon D'Or winner and becoming the best player in the World as the focus will be on him instead of always Messi when Barca play.

Revan

Assumptionman
I think Barca can do that as well. Messi earns more I think, and Neymar is probably be the next one in the ranks of being best in the world, so I can't see any reason why Barca won't double his wages to keep him at their ranks.
In long term now, at the moment they won't be able to make him earn as much as Messi. We can, in fact we can go even higher if we want.

Genuinely though, I don't think that getting 350k/week or 450k/week will make Neymar swap clubs. And anyway, we ain't paying 200m euros to Barca.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It would be great but I fully expect Neymar to sign an improved contract in the near future.

Enigma_87

You know who
He would be the main man at United and the club and its history could appeal to him. That said we aren't gonna sign him anyway as he is at Barcelona and scoring goals for fun. Have their been any disagreements between Neymar and Luis Enrique? Other thing could be that Neymar is in Messi shadow while at the club and thinks that a move could see him as the Ballon D'Or winner and becoming the best player in the World as the focus will be on him instead of always Messi when Barca play.
He'll be main man at Barca post Messi as he'll be in his prime when Messi will be fading. He'll be playing with better team overall has much better chance at winning the domestic title and CL, thus having a shout at Ballon D'Or.

In long term now, at the moment they won't be able to make him earn as much as Messi. We can, in fact we can go even higher if we want.

Genuinely though, I don't think that getting 350k/week or 450k/week will make Neymar swap clubs. And anyway, we ain't paying 200m euros to Barca.
Suarez is on more than 200k pounds I think? They can easily offer Neymar 250k if they want or match our offer. They are not Spurs or Everton.

AbusementPark

Some people in United management messed up a simple transfer deal for Pedro. He was a player Barca board was willing to sell, and somehow this management messed it up. The same team messed up Cesc transfer as well and before that you paid more for Fellaini than it was required. Possibly Thiago was also a blunder. Somehow the management, the CEO messed up some really simple transfers from Barca where the board was willing to sell the players.
I doubt this team can handle something complicated like Neymar when Barca don't want to sell. Every Barca player that United targeted has made the team/CEO look immature in transfer business.
We didn't mess up the transfers the players decided to go elsewhere. With Fabregas he wanted to try and prove himself at Barcelona and didn't fancy playing for Moyes, who blames him. Thiago was all set to join us and then his previous manager Pep stepped in to get him, same thing happened with Memphis, he was for joining PSG and LVG stepped in and he came to us. With Pedro we could have wrapped the deal up a lot sooner but for some reason we weren't interested enough in him, big mistake if you ask me. Maybe the whole time we were trying for Neymar and that's why Barcelona wanted to keep Pedro because Neymar is leaving.

AbusementPark

He'll be main man at Barca post Messi as he'll be in his prime when Messi will be fading. He'll be playing with better team overall has much better chance at winning the domestic title and CL, thus having a shout at Ballon D'Or.
When will Messi be taking a side step though, hes only 28 and has another 4-5 seasons left at a high level. Depends is Neymar wants to wait that long to become main man, anything can happen between then and now. Agree that the team is better overall and are in with a chance of the double but I wouldn't discount United in Europe are defence is very tight and that's what is needed especially for Europe we just lack that something up front.

Mali_Zeus

We didn't mess up the transfers the players decided to go elsewhere. With Fabregas he wanted to try and prove himself at Barcelona and didn't fancy playing for Moyes, who blames him. Thiago was all set to join us and then his previous manager Pep stepped in to get him, same thing happened with Memphis, he was for joining PSG and LVG stepped in and he came to us. With Pedro we could have wrapped the deal up a lot sooner but for some reason we weren't interested enough in him, big mistake if you ask me. Maybe the whole time we were trying for Neymar and that's why Barcelona wanted to keep Pedro because Neymar is leaving.
I might be wrong but I think Thiago wasn't close to joining us. We were interested but that was about it. Even think Moyes stopped the deal.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
When will Messi be taking a side step though, hes only 28 and has another 4-5 seasons left at a high level. Depends is Neymar wants to wait that long to become main man, anything can happen between then and now. Agree that the team is better overall and are in with a chance of the double but I wouldn't discount United in Europe are defence is very tight and that's what is needed especially for Europe we just lack that something up front.
Nerman is only 5 years younger than Messi. He's already very good and would be as celebrated as Messi if he joins another club. Plus, he might want to play for real someday and he has to change clubs first to do so.

Revan

Assumptionman
Suarez is on more than 200k pounds I think? They can easily offer Neymar 250k if they want or match our offer. They are not Spurs or Everton.
Currently, the euro-pound exchange works in our favour if we shop outside of UK. If we offer Neymar the same wage as Rooney (300k/week) that would be 420k/week which is double on what he is. We may go even higher if we want (considering how much we have reduced our wage bill). At the moment we have better finances than Barca and it will become far better in the next year when new EPL deal starts.

The problem is that wages is the only thing we can offer that Barca can't.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Ok, don't mind me or whatever I typed. Suddenly I had like 10 notification, which I usually get in a month. Carry on :lol:

AbusementPark

I might be wrong but I think Thiago wasn't close to joining us. We were interested but that was about it. Even think Moyes stopped the deal.
I thought it was reported we had agreed terms and DDG was tapping him up and trying to get him to sign until Pep and Bayern swooped in and closed the deal. Either scenario means we didn't mess the transfer up as was stated. Too many people giving Woody a hard time over transfers, we cant sign every player we go for, sometimes the players themselves decide they don't want to join certain clubs.

One thing that intrigues me though is our scouting network, who was the last unknown player we signed? All we seemed to have done is go for the big name players.

Swaters16

This is most certainly one of the strangest rumors imaginable. Nothing about it makes sense at all. But I do like the idea of bringing in a world class striker

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Is this not done yet? I mean the Sun had it on Saturday morning. Fecking Woodward dithering again.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
i have inside source that its not that far from happening (my uncle's friend is a player agent ).. apparently something to do with traffic having trouble with spanish law
don't ask me anything else thats all i heard

Last edited:

Everest Red

Reddest ever
i have inside source that its not that far from happening (my uncle's friend is a player agent ).. apparently traffic has trouble with spanish justice and wants to change its area of influence in europe..

don't ask me anything else thats all i heard
Almost made fun of you but saw your location. ONeymar :drool:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Glad we got this one wrapped up so quickly, definitely think he can help us cement our place in the top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.