Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Not quite the same being linked with Gaitan, Otamendi, Mane and the likes, and Neymar and even Ronaldo at this point.
To be fair we did release words saying we didn't want Otamendi. As for Gaitan I think it's a running joke in the media to keep linking him to us, it's been 4 years now. With Mane I think sources have said we are interested in him and with Neymar, why would any club say there are not interested in players of that calibre. I know we could say that no bid has been made buy us but would love him here. But LVG can't keep refuting these rumours the British media make up, he probably doesn't care too much about what the media writes in the first place and doesn't take the time to read any of the trash they spout out.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Ok now I understand what LvG meant when he said "Young is not Neymar".
I think Messi has a release clause of 250 Mio EUR (appr. 180 Mio pounds) so why stop at Neymar?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
So the media had us squabbling over 3-4m for Pedro but will be paying £137m for Neymar...
Not that I am giving credence to this rumour, but I've said a few times before that in my opinion, Neymar is currently the most valuable player in the world. The combination of his ability level, marketability and his age make him most worth well over £100m. I think he's currently the second best in the world personally, and being the face of Brasilian football, and 23 - he's worth the £140m.

Jerch

Not that I am giving credence to this rumour, but I've said a few times before that in my opinion, Neymar is currently the most valuable player in the world. The combination of his ability level, marketability and his age make him most worth well over £100m. I think he's currently the second best in the world personally, and being the face of Brasilian football, and 23 - he's worth the £140m.
You went full muppet. Never go full muppet...

Jerch

Whatever that means.

I'm definitely not all in on this rumour, just think he's worth his clause.
Even if we pay his clause it is up to him if he want the move. And if he really want the move the price will never be over 100m pounds because this is already a stupid amount of money.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Even if we pay his clause it is up to him if he want the move. And if he really want the move the price will never be over 100m pounds because this is already a stupid amount of money.
I am aware of that fact, and didn't say he's interested or anything. And with regards to theprice, I was being specific as it is his clause, I believe, because that will be the only way he will leave - if the clause is paid. Then, it will be down to him, but there will be no negotiation on price if it ever came down to it.

Woodzy

I'm going to take that one step further and say that from his perspective he will be in Messi's shadow at Barca for another 3-4 years. He can only be the main man somewhere else.

Jerch

I am aware of that fact, and didn't say he's interested or anything. And with regards to theprice, I was being specific as it is his clause, I believe, because that will be the only way he will leave - if the clause is paid. Then, it will be down to him, but there will be no negotiation on price if it ever came down to it.
Ofcourse if he push for the move there will be a negotation on his price. This buy-out clauses are in the contract just because they had to be in Spain and not because Barca think he is that expensive.

Mainoldo

All we need is addidas to get him on a new boot deal and he is the face of Manchester United and world football for 4 years. (Brazilian's burn out after 27).

Shiva87

Wow, if there were odds on 'the next player to be linked to United'. Bullshit rumour. Should have known the moment LVG said that Young is not Neymar - we'll be linked with Neymar. Awful lack of imagination from the press. I'm surprised it took 2-3 weeks from the LVG interview for this to surface.

MarkC

Ok now I understand what LvG meant when he said "Young is not Neymar".
I think Messi has a release clause of 250 Mio EUR (appr. 180 Mio pounds) so why stop at Neymar?
I'm with you on this. If we decide to go all out for people with very little chance of coming we may as well go for the absolute best why do things by halves.

Hoof the ball

Could be worse, we haven't reached the bottom of the barrel yet...... imagine if Gaitan, of all people, used us to get a contract extension?

We should just quit football now if that happens....

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Could be worse, we haven't reached the bottom of the barrel yet...... imagine if Gaitan, of all people, used us to get a contract extension?

We should just quit football now if that happens....
I wonder if I could try that tactic in work, go to the manager and say that United are interested in me, I'm sure The Sun would run the story, then re-negotiate my contract with better wages.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
FFS sake have we still not wrapped this one up?

If we can't close out a simple transfer like this you have to wonder if we'll every sign anybody again.
As van Gaal said about Pedro, these transfers are quite easy, given the presence of the release clause.

RRCE

Of all of the nonsensical stories that have come out this transfer season, this is by far the most ridiculous. Quite frankly, it's not even worthy of discussion. There is literally zero percent chance of this happening.

ravi2

nah I think Neymar is more on the Ottamendi / Pedro trick to force a move to another English club - why not loose a player to Arsenal we have not done that yet this summer

...and why on earth would Neymar, who is now playing with Messi/Suarez and is part of one of the best attacking 3 of all time, who just won it all in spain come to Manchester?

This thread pisses me off even more than the Gaitan thread...We could have signed Pedro and Otamendi and challenged seriously on all fronts but why go the easy route? We could still actually sign Laporte and Griezmann but I fear that may make too much sense.

The Purley King

If there is a £137m clause - do people think we should pay it?
I would say yes.
Personally I think he is a jumped up little punk - but he is a decent footballer :)

dasty

If there is a £137m clause - do people think we should pay it?
I would say yes.
Personally I think he is a jumped up little punk - but he is a decent footballer :)
Not my money, so pay it as long as the club don't goes bankrupt.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Not sure about the negativity. If there a hint this could happen, we should get in there and bring him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.