Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
Ok I read the whole thing. Apparently Woodward think its impossible to conclude the transfer in this window, but is optimistic for the next one. Barça said no but kept his hopes high and the talk was productive.

Riz

Already achieved everything he can in Barca maybe.. :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Timid end to the window being linked to all these unattainables.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
:lol: my thoughts
I am losing my shit :lol:

Must not get drawn...though I do still have capacity of one more muppet dreaming this window. I will wait till tomorrow morning and then if this thread is still not locked will go full muppet.

SirAF

Ageist
The news about 190m Euro is obviously not true, but he would be bloody worth it to us. Oh well, let's move on to another rumour!

Everest Red

Reddest ever
Mor absurd than Muller, so kudos to everyone involved in creating a more preposterous story!

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
190 million is crazy. Neymar is good, but he's yet to show in european football that he can spearhead a team. Having Messi, Iniesta and Suarez besides you makes it easy, they drag players all over the pitch and leave gaps.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
In a perfect stupid world, let's imagine Utd truly bid that sum. Why would Neymar wanna leave Barcelona ?
It makes me laugh at times when I get asked why I didn't stay at a particular club or why I haven't moved to another side, as if the player has a choice in the matter. I'd say back to journalists: why don't you work at CNN or ESPN? It's the same in football; on very few occasions can the player make the decision to move from one club or to another. There have been occasions when I've not been able to live in the way I want, many times. I want to go to a particular club and in finally I end up at another.
-
Falcao in 2014 speaking on his move from Atletico Madrid to Monaco.

Ixion

I think paying his release clause is the easiest part of the deal. Convincing him about the Manchester weather on the other hand...

I can only see Neymar leaving Barca if he is the Tevez type who wants to go from club to club to get as much money as possible.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
190 million is crazy. Neymar is good, but he's yet to show in european football that he can spearhead a team. Having Messi, Iniesta and Suarez besides you makes it easy, they drag players all over the pitch and leave gaps.
Like Suarez did or Rooney did? I'm sure he can do that.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Ed is dying to give that Adidas money to someone, anyone! Take our monies! :drool:

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
We have freed up massive amounts in the wage budget this summer. Give him all of that monies too.

paulscholes18

:lol: Don't know what to make of it "if" it is true, muppet head ITS feckiNG Neymar one of the best players in the world how good would that be. Other side 140m is a hell of a lot and can do better good then buying a footballer.

SirAF

Ageist
Just to play the muppet game for a brief moment..

They say we bid roughly 190m EUR and got turned down, isn't that very close to his release clause? Now, if this was true (which it is not, I bloody refuse to get drawn in) then surley we could just pay the whole clause and see if the lad is keen?

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
No way are they selling Pedro and Neymar in the same window. No way they are selling Neymar, end of.

I desperately hope I'm wrong

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
190 Mil. €. Holy hell, what has the football world come to...

He is obviously world class, but this comes across as kinda desperate

Kaos

Even so, the release clause being activated still means we have to talk to the player. Why would a Brazilian superstar living in sunny Barcelona, where he's reaching his peak with a team thats currently best in the world, trade all that for Manchester at an outfit in transition.

I'm trying as hard as I can to conjure up reasons as to why he'd be tempted, but the only one I can think of at a stretch is us being able to offer him a ridiculous salary.

So I'm led to believe this is either us sending out a grand albeit empty message about being competing in the market or we somehow hope Barca will be desperate enough for the money to propell Neymar to make the move.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Hopefully those fake lawyers turn up at some point to go ahead and deposit the 190 million euros.

MkPaul

learnt from the best
At first I lol'd. Now you're telling me they're as legit as the fecking BBC... come on guys. Don't let me be sucked in to this bollocks.

Ixion

Paying his release clause would just be like calling his bluff, then its out of Barca's hands and he has to say yes I'm interested or not actually I just wanted a new contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.