Nfl 2009-2010

Alex

This is awesome, Indy are going to skull feck the Jets next week imo

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
How many FGs did Elam miss in that Jags playoff game?

I remember Elliott missed three against the Colts in Jan 96, as the Chiefs fell at home 13-7 or somewhat. KC had the AFC best record that year and tied with Dallas for overall.

Alex

God what a miss that will be by Kaeding, SD would have won the game had he made that FG

Instant Karma

Closet Gooner
After watching Favre throw that last touchdown to rub it in, I'm hoping Brees does the same thing next week. It was a classless move. Jimmy Johnson didn't think so but Bradshaw disagreed. Probably split amongst some fans but I wouldn't want my team doing that stuff (and don't even try to compare gridiron football with the other football as one clue previously tried). I guess Favre hasn't forgot his 0-3 playoff record against Dallas before today and figured one more TD pass would erase it.
Sour grapes?

They were going for it on fourth down. Dallas shouldn't have fallen asleep.

Hmmm, may not be over, one time out and the two minute warning, got a chance I guess, unlikely, but a chance

Alex

Maybe sour grapes, but one thing Favre lacks despite being an awesome QB is class, the little drug addict in him shows that more than anything.

Alex

Great kick by Kaeding well recovered by the Jets. There is still time

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It was really not a big deal. The Cowboys were outclassed and the final TD was the appropriate punctuation on the game.

Why is the commentator bitching about the onside kick, you're giving yourself an extra chance to get the ball back

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why is the commentator bitching about the onside kick, you're giving yourself an extra chance to get the ball back
Phil Simms is right. They should have kicked off and played the downs in the Jets end and forced a punt. Strange decision by Norv Turner.

Instant Karma

Closet Gooner
:lol: Expected that sort of response from the likes of you.

It was classless and I'm sure you'd have seen it from a different view if it was the other way around.
:lol:

If the cowboys and fans are pissed off by the irrelevant TD more than their teams dire performance and try to take the gloss of a fantastic performance from Favre and the Vikings in comprehensively beating you, it's obviously sour grapes.

Alex

Phil Simms is right. They should have kicked off and played the downs in the Jets end and forced a punt. Strange decision by Norv Turner.
It's Norv Turner one of the worst coaches ever

Alex

It is amazing that SD haven't been to a SuperBowl in the past 5 years, but I guess they are choke artists

MrMarcello

It was really not a big deal. The Cowboys were outclassed and the final TD was the appropriate punctuation on the game.
Keith Brooking apparently didn't think so.

I agree they were outclassed but what's the point in winning by 31 or 24 that late in the game?

We don't witness this kind of late score often, except on running plays or defensive returns.

MrMarcello

:lol:

If the cowboys and fans are pissed off by the irrelevant TD more than their teams dire performance and try to take the gloss of a fantastic performance from Favre and the Vikings in comprehensively beating you, it's obviously sour grapes.
Beating you... so I play for the Cowboys? Interesting.

It was a dire performance. And I stand by my belief it was amateur and classless to throw a pass up 24, inside 2:00 and the opponent has zero timeouts. Your opinion doesn't matter to me. Sour grapes if that helps you sleep better.

Go express your anti-United bias while claiming to be a United fan.

MrMarcello

This Chargers club of the last five years or so have to be near the top of the list of the worst choke artists in league history, possibly American sports history. So much talent and so many first game losses. Their best chance was when they nearly shocked an undefeated New England side a couple seasons back.

Alex

Regardless I hope the Saints skull feck the Vikings next week, wont be surprised by any result

Instant Karma

Closet Gooner
This is awesome, Indy are going to skull feck the Jets next week imo
The Jets are uberBoring. Should be easy work for Manning next week.
You may be in for a surprise next week. The Colts should have beaten the Jets and kept them away from the playoffs when they had a chance.

The Jets are the underdogs and have nothing to lose. They have already overachieved and will play with no pressure. They have beaten the Pats, Colts, Bengals and now SD. They are also difficult to thrash/skull feck as their only loss by more than a 2 TD margin was at NE.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
I am rooting for Brett Favre and the Vikings to kill the 'aints... And because as a friend of SO MANY Patriots fans, the AFC Title game and the attendance of one of those 2 teams in the Super Bowl has them going nutty.

Jets - Vikings would be insane in terms of fans

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I am rooting for Brett Favre and the Vikings to kill the 'aints... And because as a friend of SO MANY Patriots fans, the AFC Title game and the attendance of one of those 2 teams in the Super Bowl has them going nutty.

Jets - Vikings would be insane in terms of fans

this whole week we will be going nuts about today's win and frothing over next week :)

should be good fun here in St. Paul :)