Nfl 2011-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Question for those who have been watching NFL for a long time: does Brady's 2 SB losses taint his legacy or not?

Also is Eli now better than Peyton having won 2 rings and with the possibility of winning more?
Brady legacy is in no way tainted, Payton is the better quaterback, but Eli will always be able to say he won 2 to his brothers 1

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I hate that they give the trophy to the owners, give it to the players who won the damn thing!

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Who receives the trophy if Packers win?

I hate that they call themselves world champions.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Question for those who have been watching NFL for a long time: does Brady's 2 SB losses taint his legacy or not?

Also is Eli now better than Peyton having won 2 rings and with the possibility of winning more?
No way. Brady will be in the top 10 QBs of all-time regardless. He's never had a weapon the caliber of Rice, Irvin, Pearson, Stallworth/Swann, etc. The only year had a player comparable to the aforementioned was 2007 with Moss, and he set records (and lost the SB).

Eli will never be called better than Peyton (or Brady) except but clueless tossers and homer-fans. Is Jim Plunkett better than Fran Tarkenton?

Leg-End

Who receives the trophy if Packers win?

I hate that they call themselves world champions.
Same for baseball, "World Series". It's a tad annoying.

I'm really glad the owners don't get their hands on the trophy before the players in football though, its bizzare.

Leg-End

Actually this is the one sport where can do that. I don't think the UK's going to field a better American Football team. Neither is India or China.
No country would ever compete to a high enough level but you can't be a World Champion if you don't let the rest of the world play. :D

ha_rooney

Eli made a big comment before the season started and he backed up the talk with a sensational season. Well played you cnut, well played.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
No country would ever compete to a high enough level but you can't be a World Champion if you don't let the rest of the world play. :D
It's not like we're stopping the rest of the world from playing. I'm just saying it's far less arrogant than for us to do it in baseball and then lose the World Baseball Classic.

MrMarcello

Archie never had anything resembling a good group of players around him. It's often said Archie would have been in the top 10 or 5 of all-time had he been surrounded by the talent the likes of Bradshaw, Plunkett, Staubach, Tarkenton, and Montana had.

And from what I recall, Archie could actually scramble unlike Eli and Peyton.

Leg-End

It's not like we're stopping the rest of the world from playing. I'm just saying it's far less arrogant than for us to do it in baseball and then lose the World Baseball Classic.
Oh so countries outside of the USA are eligible to play for the Superbowl?

When we won the last Champions League we were European Champions, granted we became World Champions not long after but at no point did we refer to ourselves as World Champions despite it being pretty much a fact.

It's nitpicky stuff of course, I don't actually care that they call themselves World Champions.

ha_rooney

Just as I forgot about that half-time performance, BBC decide to show clips from it again. Bastards :mad:

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Hated the beebs coverage, would rather they kept with the syndicated feed instead of returning to the studio to listen to those prats explain the rules every 2 seconds as if we have no idea whats going on. I really miss Channel 4's coverage.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
I enjoyed that last night, was pleasantly surprised with how much I understood! There were a few moments in the game where I was like "what the feck?" like when Brady gave away the safety in the first quarter but for the most part I was able to follow it well. Got right into it as well so while I started out as a neutral I was a bit pissed at the end to see the Pats loose :lol:

mu77

Yep, exact opposite of Elway's SB record. And both QBs took some average players to championship runs.
the two yrs horse tooth won it they had the best running game in football. and didn't that tight end he had that does the pre game go to THoF?

mu77

No way. Brady will be in the top 10 QBs of all-time regardless. He's never had a weapon the caliber of Rice, Irvin, Pearson, Stallworth/Swann, etc. The only year had a player comparable to the aforementioned was 2007 with Moss, and he set records (and lost the SB).

Eli will never be called better than Peyton (or Brady) except but clueless tossers and homer-fans. Is Jim Plunkett better than Fran Tarkenton?
not unless he starts to accumulate stats like tark did in his second stint with the vikes. he was ok when he was the #10 w the jints. but he didn't win feckall. bradshaw , stawbach = those two are greats. but so is fouts better that e manning? he was a stat machine (sorry i can't find my glasses so the spelling is fecked.)

who are the hall of fame wide outs eli has played with by the way?
How bout them GIANTS

mu77

A fecking 9-7 team in the Super Browl, ffs. Goddamn Cowboys choking that game at home against NY!

Pats will avenge 2007-08.
LOL = 9-7 and beat the #1 , 2 and 4 power ranked teams on the way to number four. 9-7 means feck all and i guess home field does too.

ha_rooney

I'm more disappointed at yesterday's defeat than when the Giants ended our perfect season. I didn't feel they outplayed us yesterday, instead they made fewer mistakes than the Pats did and also had that bit of luck every team needs to win a trophy.

mu77

I'm more disappointed at yesterday's defeat than when the Giants ended our perfect season. I didn't feel they outplayed us yesterday, instead they made fewer mistakes than the Pats did and also had that bit of luck every team needs to win a trophy.
they did in every stat and had the ball 15 more mins = an entire quarter. except sacks the pats had one more and i think as a non-neutral the pats got away with two pass interference calls and if that was holding on the giants in on 3rd down then holding should be called on every running play next season. the pats got done and were kept in it by shit calls. so the giants beat the pats and the zebras. the pats had one turn over - which was like a punt in the end. brady was out played. manning hit 75% of his passes.

ha_rooney

they did in every stat and had the ball 15 more mins = an entire quarter. except sacks the pats had one more and i think as a non-neutral the pats got away with two pass interference calls and if that was holding on the giants in on 3rd down then hold should and will be called on every running play next season. the pats got done and were kept in it by shit calls. so the giants beat the pats and the zebras.
The game was there for the Patriots to win and they shot themselves in the foot by dropping simple catches and the 2 penalties early on (intentional grounding; 12 men on the field) which equated to 9 pts for the Giants. If they don't do that then the Giants don't have a 2 pt lead to start with, the Giants don't have at least 3:30 on the final drive after the Welker drop and the Giants don't have Cruz for the TD. I know that's all hypothetical and the same could apply the other way round but I feel the Pats lost that game rather than the Giants winning (albeit Eli was awesome).

mu77

The game was there for the Patriots to win and they shot themselves in the foot by dropping simple catches and the 2 penalties early on (intentional grounding; 12 men on the field) which equated to 9 pts for the Giants. If they don't do that then the Giants don't have a 2 pt lead to start with, the Giants don't have at least 3:30 on the final drive after the Welker drop and the Giants don't have Cruz for the TD. I know that's all hypothetical and the same could apply the other way round but I feel the Pats lost that game rather than the Giants winning (albeit Eli was awesome).
bull shit - that holding call was a 10 point swing. the game would have ended earlier.

mu77

Care to elaborate? I admit Eli played very well but if Pats don't make the mistakes the Pats don't lost.
see above i edited it. your team lost on the field with shiity calls in the pats favor (IMO) from the refs. manning has now out played brady twice.

ha_rooney

Ok, we'll agree to disagree.

Eli definitely had a superb year and out-did Brady in the game. He is now without doubt in the category of elite QBs, the guy was ice-cold all season in the 4th quarter.

mu77

Ok, we'll agree to disagree.

Eli definitely had a superb year and out-did Brady in the game. He is now without doubt in the category of elite QBs, the guy was ice-cold all season in the 4th quarter.
done - and as you say the game was there to be won and the giants won it. that is really the story.

Nearco

youth team player
Yep, exact opposite of Elway's SB record. And both QBs took some average players to championship runs.
Feel really sorry for Brady. He was let down badly by Welker and I just hope he can get to the big one again in the three or four years he has left.

Weird Fishes

Anyone else got tickets to the game at Wembley in October? Only started supporting Patriots this season but have been watching American football for a few years with my brothers who are long-time fans of Giants and Ravens, so it'll be great to finally go to a game. Hoping to catch a Giants or Jets game when I go to New York in the fall as well, depending on how easy/difficult it'll be to get tickets (anyone know?)

MrMarcello

the two yrs horse tooth won it they had the best running game in football. and didn't that tight end he had that does the pre game go to THoF?
The three years he guided Denver to the SB in the 80s they were woefully average, though the entire AFC was average on the whole. Terrell Davis is the sole reason Elway returned to the SB and won two titles. But outside Davis (RB) and Sharpe (TE), and Atwater on defense, those two title winning sides were not comprised of super talents. They did have some quality players though in those two wins, granted they got extremely lucky the Jets decided to commit five or six turnovers in the AFC title game and that Atlanta stunned Minnesota. No way Denver's defense contains the Vikings passing game.

MrMarcello

bull shit - that holding call was a 10 point swing. the game would have ended earlier.
Or if those three fumbles by NYG don't bounce right to themselves, NE gets the ball two (or was it three times) in NYG territory. Fair is fair.

Despite the time advantage category, that game was basically a Welker catch from being a Patriots win.

And if Eli is now a lock for the HOF, Plunkett better get his call too.

Cali Red

Archie never had anything resembling a good group of players around him. It's often said Archie would have been in the top 10 or 5 of all-time had he been surrounded by the talent the likes of Bradshaw, Plunkett, Staubach, Tarkenton, and Montana had.

And from what I recall, Archie could actually scramble unlike Eli and Peyton.
He had to. Otherwise he'd of been killed. Those teams were baaaaaaaad.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Pretty evenly coached game with breaks/things for fans to bitch about on either side. Watching Gronk out there like that was painful. The Giants simply have more playmakers, which is why they came out on top. More talent and the advantage Brady and Belichick usually have over other teams was matched by the Giants. They didn’t beat themselves, even though the fumblers got away with it. Bradshaw in particular should be thankful, a bad fumble within the 20 yard line that bounced away from Ihedigdo and leaving Tom Brady with nearly a minute and a timeout to play with. I’m sure he will console himself with his nice shiny ring though.

It doesn’t make it better but the Patriots showed a lot of resiliency and took their talents to the limit this season. Some players on defense who looked like they may not be good enough really stepped up as well. I thought Spikes in particular has been excellent since he returned from injury. If he dedicates himself in the off-season and avoids injuries, sex tapes, eye gouging and silly tweets he could make the next step next year. They have a shot to get back as long as Brady is around. Five appearances in ten full seasons played.

Status
Not open for further replies.