NFL 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Congratulations : must be an amazing feeling!

How does it compare to nou camp 99?
Similar feeling, didn't think we'd win either game - incredible when we did. United one is probably more emotional as it was our first CL (in my lifetime) & it completed the treble.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The Brady cocksucking is going to be nonstop over here :mad:
Why do people like you and @Rado_N dislike him so much?

I don't know anything about this sport but it was clear to me that he single-handedly inspired his team to victory and was the best player on the field?

JTW95

Gullible sausage
It feels like anything is possible now. I think the UK is going to win Eurovision this year.

Sylar

Because the team winning the coin toss does not automatically win and you can't just pretend the other 4 qtrs did not exist where both teams had chances to win.
But it's a huge advantage tho esp with defences being tired

For superbowl at least i think both teams Should have a drive
Seen packers lose playoffs twice because they lost a coin toss and Rodgers didn't touch the ball at all

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Similar feeling, didn't think we'd win either game - incredible when we did. United one is probably more emotional as it was our first CL (in my lifetime) & it completed the treble.
Yeah - was amazing to watch as a neutral so must he sooooooooo good if you're a genuine fan with proper feeling! Enjoy :)

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I don't know this sport so as a neutral observer I think the OT rules are very unfair as so much is dependent on who wins the toss.

The other team should have been allowed the change to respond else it's very unbalanced.

Last edited:

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
It's kind of like 2015 when Lynch was killing us yet the Seahawks decided to throw and you know the rest.
It's the same level of infuriation. No offense, and congrats to you and your team, but you are SO fortunate to have two more Super Bowls than what should have been if not for idiotic unnecessary play calling on the other team. Though, fair play to Brady for taking advantage.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Don't want to sleep now but have work in a few hours :(

Will be back to bask in our glory. Goodnight all!!

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
But it's a huge advantage tho esp with defences being tired

For superbowl at least i think both teams Should have a drive
Seen packers lose playoffs twice because they lost a coin toss and Rodgers didn't touch the ball at all
Again Rodgers touched the ball all game long stop pretending he was cheated some how.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

I don't know anything about this sport but it was clear to me that he single-handedly inspired his team to victory and was the best player on the field?
Certainly more annoying than hearing about Peyton Manning cocksucking heading into the Denver/Seattle game. That was rightfully shut the feck down that night.

Razvan

Because the team winning the coin toss does not automatically win and you can't just pretend the other 4 qtrs did not exist where both teams had chances to win.
They were tied at the end though, that's all that should matter. Winning the coin toss seems like a huge advantage.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
What happened before should not matter.

Likewise the toss winning team have a HUGE advantage, as was proven tonight. Its a very sub optimal and unequal solution.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Were Patriots a strong team or is it like Leicester winning the league?
Patriots have been one of the best teams in the league for years but we had what looked like no chance that game considering the score in the 4th quarter.

binary bot
Feel like I've seen an insane amount of great sporting moments in recent times, and in sports I don't watch all that often too. Anomalies or is the skill level just producing these events more often?

MrMarcello

Were Patriots a strong team or is it like Leicester winning the league?
Nothing in US sports could ever equal what Leicester did. No promotion/relegation so not possible for a club to rise up a level or two.

Closest would be like Cleveland Browns winning the SB next year. Or say the 76ers winning the Finals in 2018. That's still nothing comparable to Leicester.

Sylar

Again Rodgers touched the ball all game long stop pretending he was cheated some how.
What you talking about? Who said he was cheated?
It's just an opinion relax

But one team having the ball extra cos they guessed a coin toss correct seems unfair

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Don't want to sleep now but have work in a few hours :(

Will be back to bask in our glory. Goodnight all!!
I booked it off thank God. You will be able to find the energy tomorrow when you think about the game.

Eddy_JukeZ

Incredible. Can't believe what I just watched.

Detest everything about the Pats, but they're the standard of greatness in the NFL. Brady, the GOAT QB. Belichick, the GOAT NFL coach. Deserved win.

Was a great game.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Nothing in US sports could ever equal what Leicester did. No promotion/relegation so not possible for a club to rise up a level or two.

Closest would be like Cleveland Browns winning the SB next year. Or say the 76ers winning the Finals in 2018. That's still nothing comparable to Leicester.
Thanks for explaining

Carolina Red

Staff
Feel like I've seen an insane amount of great sporting moments in recent times, and in sports I don't watch all that often too. Anomalies or is the skill level just producing these events more often?
Cubs winning the World Series was definitely an anomaly.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Enjoyed watching the final quarter whilst chatting on the cafe! Thanks all for the education.

Congratulations to New England fans and so sorry to Atlanta fans... Ouch!

Good night :)

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
:wenger::wenger:

It's a mental rule. Both teams had four quarters to try and win. But you get to OT and based on the flip of a coin one team has an absolutely massive advantage.

Comparisons.

Tennis matches decided by 1 play off game where you flip a coin to see who serves. Mental

Penalty shoot out in soccer where one team gets to take all their penalties first and if they score them all, the other team doesn't get to take theirs. They just lose. Mental

Darts matches decided by a closest to the bull but if the first player hits hit, he wins. Mental.

I know fans of NFL are defensive of the sport because it does come in for a bit of flack. But you can't defend that rule. A teams whole season comes down to the flip of a coin. It's madness.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

Many people will point to deflategate and spygate, but that doesn't really bother me so much. It's the fact that Brady is one of the biggest crybabies in the whole league. Whines to the refs like his family's been weonged every time he takes a good hit. Also, him along with Belichick are notorious for playing for the pass interference calls in order to get the first down or big yardage. They did at the end of the game to set up the first and goal. Fitting. Aside from that, I'm a Denver fan and there is a success-based rivalry between the two teams. So yeah, Brady. One of the greatest for sure, but a total feckhead if you ask me. Good riddance once he retires.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
:wenger::wenger:

It's a mental rule. Both teams had four quarters to try and win. But you get to OT and based on the flip of a coin one team has an absolutely massive advantage.

Comparisons.

Tennis matches decided by 1 play off game where you flip a coin to see who serves. Mental

Penalty shoot out in soccer where one team gets to take all their penalties first and if they score them all, the other team doesn't get to take theirs. They just lose. Mental

Darts matches decided by a closest to the bull but if the first player hits hit, he wins. Mental.

I know fans of NFL are defensive of the sport because it does come in for a bit of flack. But you can't defend that rule. A teams whole season comes down to the flip of a coin. It's madness.
The advantage has to be earned by actually scoring. Some teams may not have the ability to score and wind up punting and getting scored on by the opposition.

Carolina Red

Staff
Add to that, the NFL is the only level of American football that I know of that uses that type of playoff format.

High school - each team gets a possession (from the 10)
College - each team gets a possession (from the 25)

MrMarcello

Well, he was suspended for the first quarter of the season for Deflategate.
Which was a joke of a thing to begin with, even the overwhelming majority of Brady's peers and former players stated such. It also had zero bearing on the outcome of that Pats beatdown of the Colts. The spygate thing - now that's a legit claim but it falls on Belichick and staff not Brady.

Phil

I can't wait until they fecking retire, I feel like a Scouser.

Status
Not open for further replies.