NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Justin Herbert got a haircut, you should check it out on Twitter. Looks like a bloody 14-year old now, thought it was a throwback at first :lol:

Robert

Yeah saw that this morning, well disappointed about Chappers, he knitted together the show so well. Brilliant broadcaster imo.

I sensed it was coming though, they cut the midweek show entirely and had the other fella Nat filling in and the co-hosts were doing noticeably more 'presenting', I was thinking maybe there was budget cuts to the NFL on BBC or something.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

:(
That's a shame, I really like Chapman's vibe on all the shows he's presented. He's very endearing.

Dan Walker is okay-ish, from what I've seen of him over the years.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Always here for some out-of-nowhere hait on the Falcons :lol:

Hephaestus

We really needed that. Defence looked better again today and this time the offence didn't shit the bed. Dunlap is already paying dividends, think he's joint second in terms of sacks for us after three games.

Next four games are against the Eagles, Giants, Jets and WFT. I'm sure they'll all be one score games somehow.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Would be real shame.

The Cards were bad last night imo. Waaaay too many (stupid) penalties, and the inability to stop Russell on 3th downs. You're not gonna win against the Seahawks with that combination. Going from a 1st & 10 to a safety on an intentional grounding and holding call, that's just bad football.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The Cards aren’t a well coached team in my opinion; they’re winning despite Kingsbury not because of. Even in the last version of this matchup there were baffling decisions that would have usually tanked a team but Seattle kept making mistakes to compensate.

Kyler was feeling something in his shoulder and had some terrible throws, but that doesn’t justify the intentional grounding.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
The Cards aren’t a well coached team in my opinion; they’re winning despite Kingsbury not because of. Even in the last version of this matchup there were baffling decisions that would have usually tanked a team but Seattle kept making mistakes to compensate.

Kyler was feeling something in his shoulder and had some terrible throws, but that doesn’t justify the intentional grounding.
Exactly. Still puzzled by how he was able to snag a head coaching gig in the NFL. He had a 35-40 record at his alma mater ffs.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Exactly. Still puzzled by how he was able to snag a head coaching gig in the NFL. He had a 35-40 record at his alma mater ffs.
- He was Mahomes' coach at Texas Tech
- There was a bull run at "young HCs" in the aftermath of McVay turning out to be an offensive genius

That's basically it, yeah. Shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I struggle to find a man in my NFL watching days (since the mid-80s) that received an NFL HC gig with less deserving credentials. Barry Switzer perhaps. Even he could say, "My 20+years college body of work was deserving."

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Switzer had more credentials than Jimmy Johnson, to name just one.
I would agree if the NFL were running the wishbone in 1989 and Switzer hadn't quit football in 1989 as he was burned out. Worse so hiring him in 1994 after he'd been sitting on his ass for five years and Jimmy had easily surpassed him on credentials.

That said, I can't say for certain but I believe Jerry once stated Switzer was on his short list to replace Landry when he bought the club. Gil Brandt pushed for Jimmy. They don't win those SBs with Switzer as the draft, the trades, the Plan A/B signings would have panned out differently.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I would agree if the NFL were running the wishbone in 1989 and Switzer hadn't quit football in 1989 as he was burned out. Worse so hiring him in 1994 after he'd been sitting on his ass for five years and Jimmy had easily surpassed him on credentials.

That said, I can't say for certain but I believe Jerry once stated Switzer was on his short list to replace Landry when he bought the club. Gil Brandt pushed for Jimmy. They don't win those SBs with Switzer as the draft, the trades, the Plan A/B signings would have panned out differently.
He didn’t quit football because he was burned out necessarily, he quit because of dealing with the mounting scandals. He was instituting a more modern offense until Aikman broke his leg and Holieway took off, very nearly winning him another natty.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
But back to Kill Kliff... even Vance Joseph had a better shout for an HC gig. Sorry, @Rado_N. I know you're still burned by that hire.
I was half joking, but him getting that job off the back of being DC for the appalling Dolphins when Kyle Shanahan was up for grabs is mystifying.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Mixon on IR. Really interested in what went on behind the scenes there. Already been injured for 4 weeks now.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Why is there no NFL games on a Saturday? Has it always been like that?
For a large portion and probably the majority of their co-existence, the NCAA was more powerful than the NFL. This is why you see no NFL there, nor players able to enter the league before the 3 years are up.

The money behind TV contracts has a forceful hand since it has become the primary revenue source as well, and they want to keep the cash cow of prime games on both days rolling.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
its crazy how much future nfl talent was on 2015 ohio state.

QB: JT Barrett, Cardale Jones, Joe Burrow
RB: Ezekiel Elliot, Curtis Samuel
WR: Michael Thomas, Braxton Miller, Terry McLaurin, Paris Campbell, KJ Hill, Noah Brown
TE: Nick Vannett
T: Taylor Decker, Jamarco Jones, Isaiah Prince
G: Pat Elflein
C: Billy Price
DE: Joey Bosa, Dre'Mont Jones, Sam Hubbard
DT: Adolphus Washington, Tyquan Lewis, DaVon Hamilton, Jalyn Holmes
LB: Darron lee, Raekwon McMillan, Jerome Baker, Joshua Perry
CB: Marshon Lattimore, Denzel Ward, Eli Apple, Gareon Conley
S: Malik Hooker, Vonn Bell
P: Cameron Johnston

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Big fan of Bridgewater and his story but I'd like to see PJ Tucker tonight tbh.

Man of Leisure

Why is there no NFL games on a Saturday? Has it always been like that?
Used to be for the longest time there were only games on Sunday morning and afternoon along with a single game on MNF. Now you’ve got games on Thurs and Sunday evenings. Usually Sat as well post-Thanksgiving.

Man of Leisure

its crazy how much future nfl talent was on 2015 ohio state.

QB: JT Barrett, Cardale Jones, Joe Burrow
RB: Ezekiel Elliot, Curtis Samuel
WR: Michael Thomas, Braxton Miller, Terry McLaurin, Paris Campbell, KJ Hill, Noah Brown
TE: Nick Vannett
T: Taylor Decker, Jamarco Jones, Isaiah Prince
G: Pat Elflein
C: Billy Price
DE: Joey Bosa, Dre'Mont Jones, Sam Hubbard
DT: Adolphus Washington, Tyquan Lewis, DaVon Hamilton, Jalyn Holmes
LB: Darron lee, Raekwon McMillan, Jerome Baker, Joshua Perry
CB: Marshon Lattimore, Denzel Ward, Eli Apple, Gareon Conley
S: Malik Hooker, Vonn Bell
P: Cameron Johnston
Nobody recruits as well as Urban Meyer

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It’s all the night games this week that are intriguing for me, though watching Taysom Hill start might be fun against a revived Falcons team. I expect the Ravens to bounce back and exact revenge upon the Titans.

Status
Not open for further replies.