NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
And while KC has to be the odds-on favorite to win it all, their deficiencies on D makes it feel like 4-5 teams still have a shot.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Game of the season?

Great one. Even though the Browns lost, I feel like we should take them seriously. I hope they overtake the Steelers and take the division (although very unlikely), they've a much better chance at home for a playoff win.

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Better than Ja'Marr Chase, Rondale Moore, Jaylen Waddle?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Devonta has worked his way up to being 1A/1B on draft boards with him, but Ja’Marr was the best WR on a team that included Justin Jefferson.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Devonta has worked his way up to being 1A/1B on draft boards with him, but Ja’Marr was the best WR on a team that included Justin Jefferson.
Always viewed Chase and Jefferson as equals - the former being more of a deep threat and the latter more of an across the middle possession guy.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Those last two minutes of Q4 were brutal QB play - a killer pick on the edge of the redzone and then a sack which makes the FG a lot harder.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Brees will start Sunday night, Brees vs Mahomes now :drool: Amazing that he's back so soon considering his injuries (and age).

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I just realised we’ve only 3 games left this regular season!! I thought there was at least another 5 games left. Stupid 2020 has made me lose track of time.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Those last two minutes of Q4 were brutal QB play - a killer pick on the edge of the redzone and then a sack which makes the FG a lot harder.
Yeah, as well as Mariotta played after Carr's injury, he did throw that ball a bit behind the receiver, which allowed Chris Harris to swoop in. The good news for the Raiders is that Mariotta seems to be good enough to start and provide a proper running threat, if called on.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Brees will start Sunday night, Brees vs Mahomes now :drool: Amazing that he's back so soon considering his injuries (and age).
Wow... I thought he’d sit out until the playoffs. I don’t think Tampa catches them so they seem to be going for the #1 seed to get the bye. Hope he’s 100% recovered & isn’t being rushed back.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
How is “bringing out the chains” seen as some kind of scientific reliable measure of whether first down was achieved?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Like... you mean how does a chain crew operate, or?
I mean it just can’t possibly be particularly accurate.

The refs place the ball down kinda where they think it got to, and they run out onto the field to where they kinda think the last 1st down was placed.

When they’re making calls by inches there’s easily a few feet margin of error.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The best is when the side judge marks it at a specific spot then tosses it to the other official 10 yards away who looks where the side judge is standing and says "yeah that probably looks right".
But they’ll run out with the chains to sorta kinda where they think the line was, so when they place it 2 inches past the ball it’s scientifically proven as first down.

Carolina Red

Staff
I mean it just can’t possibly be particularly accurate.

The refs place the ball down kinda where they think it got to, and they run out onto the field to where they kinda think the last 1st down was placed.

When they’re making calls by inches there’s easily a few feet margin of error.
The 3rd guy on the crew puts a marker on the chain corresponding to the ball spot each play. So it’s not really based off of where the last 1st down was.

But yeah, agreed that it isn’t an exact science.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Don’t they often ‘round up‘ near a hash mark once the first down has been confirmed?

Then it’s really only the final spot that comes into question, not the chains. Which is not much different in the margins than a strike zone in MLB or a close offside call in soccer before VAR.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That plus every single thing about the Broncos sucks.
I think the Broncos will be better next year with Sutton back and Jeudy performing at his potential. The RB situation is a concern imo, since neither of them are going to reach 1000 yards, which wont work if they want to reach the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.