NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Saints twitter are all in on Deshaun Watson. Might have trade a big piece to make that pipe dream happen though.

Tiber

I thought the bills oc was supposed to have that job in the bag

Tiber

Me too. If Campbell is going to Detroit that just leaves the...’interesting’ destinations of Houston and Philly.
I heard Josh McDaniels could get the eagles job.

Campbell is an interesting hire. Has never called plays and isn't a X and Os guy. But my god his run as Dolphins interim coach was fun. His team will run through a brick wall for him, a lot depends on who he can get as OC and DC. Lions fans will love him.

lsd

The Oracle
Brady still has it it has been amazing watching him play recently. I can't see him outgunning Aaron Rodgers next week but who knows with him?

Did i see a stat though that he has rushed for 6 yards the entire season? I know he is not a runner but surely that is ridiculous in todays game :lol:

Last edited:

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
And we’ve hired Brandon Staley to be our coach :houllier: He was an outside LB coach in 2019 and a DC for exactly one year on a team with all world talent.

When the Daboll news started gathering steam, thought the connection between him and Telesco pretty much sealed it. While Brady would have been my 1st choice, think we needed to at least hire an offensive-minded coach.

Feck me it’s hard to root for this team :mad:

Last edited:

Sylar

Reading that the last play brees sees in his career is a NFL player taking a knee made me laugh

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I've got a large amount of money on the bucs to be in the Superbowl at least. No surprises, they have an elite defense, elite receivers, great running backs, great coach, good line. But of course Brady has carried them.

He is the luckiest man in sports history, although he made his own luck this time by picking his team.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I've got a large amount of money on the bucs to be in the Superbowl at least. No surprises, they have an elite defense, elite receivers, great running backs, great coach, good line. But of course Brady has carried them.

He is the luckiest man in sports history, although he made his own luck this time by picking his team.
:lol:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Brady looked poor for most of the game imo, made some "big" throws towards the end but most of their scoring came from short field positions because of TOs forced by their D.

Linebackers were great, Devin White was great. Antoine Winfield great find in the draft this year too.

I wanted Brees to go through but now at least we'll get Brady vs Rodgers in the playoffs too. Hopefully the Packers go to the SB, think they have the best chance of beating the Chiefs.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Will be interesting to see what the Saints do now. Payton/Winston combo could be nice. They could trade for Watson (although looking at their cap situation, don't think they can) or they could trade up in the draft and get someone like Zach Wilson.

Just really hoping they're not gonna install Taysom Hill as their QB (and destroy Kamara's fantasy value :mad:).

RoadTrip

Brady looked poor for most of the game imo, made some "big" throws towards the end but most of their scoring came from short field positions because of TOs forced by their D.

Linebackers were great, Devin White was great. Antoine Winfield great find in the draft this year too.

I wanted Brees to go through but now at least we'll get Brady vs Rodgers in the playoffs too. Hopefully the Packers go to the SB, think they have the best chance of beating the Chiefs.
No doubt the turnovers gave TB the field position - and without then likely Brees and the Saints go through.

In terms of Brady, I think it’s hard for me to say he had a poor game. Poor would be the game Brees had in my view. Brady was far from special but he didn’t turn it over, overall made some good throws in what was a challenging defence to face, and there were a few drops too which could have made the stat sheet look different. I think when it was a critical moment, he delivered the pass when needed.

More importantly though if Brees does retire, and it looks like it might be time, what a career. From someone who people were hesitant to give a chance and quick to write off. It’s such a shame if a game like that is to be his last but doesn’t take away anything from how great he has been.

RoadTrip

Will be interesting to see what the Saints do now. Payton/Winston combo could be nice. They could trade for Watson (although looking at their cap situation, don't think they can) or they could trade up in the draft and get someone like Zach Wilson.

Just really hoping they're not gonna install Taysom Hill as their QB (and destroy Kamara's fantasy value :mad:).
I would be v shocked if they traded for Watson. I think it’s highly likely they have either Hill or Winston as QB next season.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
No doubt the turnovers gave TB the field position - and without then likely Brees and the Saints go through.

In terms of Brady, I think it’s hard for me to say he had a poor game. Poor would be the game Brees had in my view. Brady was far from special but he didn’t turn it over, overall made some good throws in what was a challenging defence to face, and there were a few drops too which could have made the stat sheet look different. I think when it was a critical moment, he delivered the pass when needed.

More importantly though if Brees does retire, and it looks like it might be time, what a career. From someone who people were hesitant to give a chance and quick to write off. It’s such a shame if a game like that is to be his last but doesn’t take away anything from how great he has been.
Yeah poor was maybe an exaggeration, he just didn't impress me much. Managed the game well though and took what was given to him, which is what we're used to by now. Didn't turn it over but was INT'd twice out of bounds if I'm not mistaken and the Saints defense dropped another one or two potential INTs. Biggest play was 19 yards or so too (at least until the end of the 3th quarter, perhaps he made a bigger throw in the fourth).

I wanna see them fall behind against the Packers and then see how they respond. Hopefully a winter game at Lambeau, happy that it's the early kickoff next week.

I would be v shocked if they traded for Watson. I think it’s highly likely they have either Hill or Winston as QB next season.
Yeah that's definitely the most likely thing, but a man can dream :D

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
I guess, Michael Thomas was nowhere near to being fit, right?

altodevil

There is no way such quantum of hate can be concealed from anyone. If you had a pet even it would know. Even your non-existent pet knows! :lol:
We have two cats, who are the only ones that watched the game with me last night and saw me gesticulating at the TV. You could be on to something! :lol:

RoadTrip

Yeah poor was maybe an exaggeration, he just didn't impress me much. Managed the game well though and took what was given to him, which is what we're used to by now. Didn't turn it over but was INT'd twice out of bounds if I'm not mistaken and the Saints defense dropped another one or two potential INTs. Biggest play was 19 yards or so too (at least until the end of the 3th quarter, perhaps he made a bigger throw in the fourth).

I wanna see them fall behind against the Packers and then see how they respond. Hopefully a winter game at Lambeau, happy that it's the early kickoff next week.

Yeah that's definitely the most likely thing, but a man can dream :D
Yeah glad it’s the early game. Looking forward to it.

First champ game for Rodgers at Lambeau. Home field advantage. And fuelled by the hammering received earlier in the season in Tampa. I can’t envisage them Packers losing, but it should be a good game I think.

lsd

The Oracle
I hated Brady with a passion when he was with the Patriots. Now I don't mind him and would be more than happy to see him win a Superbowl with the Bucs.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

Good lord - considering you have money on them you certainly haven’t payed any attention it seems.

GOAT dragged a 7-9 tire fire to the NFC Championship game year 1.

Hows that system in NE looking:lol:

altodevil

Good lord - considering you have money on them you certainly haven’t payed any attention it seems.

GOAT dragged a 7-9 tire fire to the NFC Championship game year 1.

Hows that system in NE looking:lol:
Erm, they have a top-5 defense by DVOA for the second straight year, a 1st-round pick and a 2nd-round pick as their two lead backs, three all-pro receivers with the best TE in history, and a coach who took a broken Carson Palmer to the NFC championship.

All they needed to do was swap from a turnover machine at quarterback to a good competent one. Brady is a smart guy and saw that.

Bill Belichick won 7 games with a quarterback who can't throw further than 10 yards downfield. System did more than fine.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
No-one offline knows this absolutely bizarre hate I have for the man. I've got a split personality.
Its clear that your e-hate for him masks an underlying admiration of his accomplishments. Just come out and admit it so you can finally exhale. :)

altodevil

Its clear that your e-hate for him masks an underlying admiration of his accomplishments. Just come out and admit it so you can finally exhale. :)
It feels like I'm living in the twilight zone, or I'm number six in The Prisoner.

RoadTrip

Erm, they have a top-5 defense by DVOA for the second straight year, a 1st-round pick and a 2nd-round pick as their two lead backs, three all-pro receivers with the best TE in history, and a coach who took a broken Carson Palmer to the NFC championship.

All they needed to do was swap from a turnover machine at quarterback to a good competent one. Brady is a smart guy and saw that.

Bill Belichick won 7 games with a quarterback who can't throw further than 10 yards downfield. System did more than fine.
I don’t know why I’ve allowed myself to be baited but alas only a few minutes wasted...

1. Comment about defence actually contradicts your argument because as it’s constant to last year in performance, suggests something new caused the improvement (Brady?)
2. When RBs are drafted (or players overall for that matter) doesn’t mean anything. It’s about actual performance. So another bad argument. RBs have played well though.
3. Good receivers. True. But let’s not act like Gronk and Brown are anywhere near their all pro levels. Brees was once one of the best QBs of all time. Would you say therefore that the Saints had the best QB in the league this year? No you wouldn’t so another bad argument.
4. Again Arians was the coach at TB last year so... again goes against your argument.

Pats system working? Please. Not even entertaining that.

And you make it sound like a QB who doesn’t throw INTs is just a given. As if that isn’t a skill in itself :lol:

Anyway, I got my rant out so I’m done now for a few months. :)

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

Their defense has been average at best except for 2 games - last night and the Packers where they were in fact great. They will be fine as long as Bowles moves off the soft

AB has not been a factor.

Didn’t have healthy Godwin and Evans until week 6 either.

Gronk was done I was told this off season? Interesting. Making Brate look very good too.

Im sure BB is delighted with 7 wins with the system - 8 TD passes was it? Amazing work. System may be broken.

RoadTrip

How can you watch that game and say Brady had a poor game? I know you are a Brady hater from previous discussions thoug

Their defense has been average at best except for 2 games - last night and the Packers where they were in fact great. They will be fine as long as Bowles moves off the soft

AB has not been a factor.

Didn’t have healthy Godwin and Evans until week 6 either.

Gronk was done I was told this off season? Interesting. Making Brate look very good too.

Im sure BB is delighted with 7 wins with the system - 8 TD passes was it? Amazing work. System may be broken.
Actually to be fair Robin is pretty fair in his TB opinions and you can have a sensible discussion with him.

RoadTrip

Plus unless you’re a Pats fan, generally everyone hates Brady. Difference is you can have a sensible discussion with most people on here, but not with certain others (any prizes for guessing who?!?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.