NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Brady will be exposed if he played for another team especially the Chargers. No Belichick, no fiesta.
Agreed, 43 years old Tom Brady will finally be exposed when he isn't with Belichick.

Sandyman

Brady will be exposed if he played for another team especially the Chargers. No Belichick, no fiesta.
Esp if BB and NE manage to win another SB in the next couple of years. Will just confirm what all us non Patriots fan knew all along.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Agreed, 43 years old Tom Brady will finally be exposed when he isn't with Belichick.
I understand his age and how he’s past his prime. He still did alright in normal standards and won the division to make it to the playoffs. Put him in a team like the Chargers and he’s not going to just be alright — he’ll be awful.

Florida Man

Esp if BB and NE manage to win another SB in the next couple of years. Will just confirm what all us non Patriots fan knew all along.
Nah I’m good on having them win another Super Bowl just to make a point. I’d rather they just fade into obscurity.

JPRouve

Scout
I understand his age and how he’s past his prime. He still did alright in normal standards and won the division to make it to the playoffs. Put him in a team like the Chargers and he’s not going to just be alright — he’ll be awful.
He hasn't been alright, by all metrics he is ranked between 15th and 17th, he has already dropped into mediocrity and it's totally normal when you consider that he is old, has a weak arm and tired(immobile) legs. There is really nothing to expose, we have already seen what he looks like with a poor supporting cast at the skills position. Is it going to get worse with worse coaching, worse supporting cast and being one year older? Of course.

Florida Man

He hasn't been alright, by all metrics he is ranked between 15th and 17th, he has already dropped into mediocrity and it's totally normal when you consider that he is old, has a weak arm and tired(immobile) legs. There is really nothing to expose, we have already seen what he looks like with a poor supporting cast at the skills position. Is it going to get worse with worse coaching, worse supporting cast and being one year older? Of course.
I suppose he’s already been exposed. Makes me wonder how the Pats would be if not for their #1 ranked(?) defense carrying most of the team.

JPRouve

Scout
I suppose he’s already been exposed. Makes me wonder how the Pats would be if not for their #1 ranked(?) defense carrying most of the team.
Like the Broncos post Manning? :angel:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Ruggs 4.27
Justin Jefferson 4.43
Jeudy 4.45
Reagor 4.47
Lamb 4.50
Shenault 4.59

TE Okwuegbunam ran a 4.49 too, fecking hell.

muller

That's only been the case the last 2 years. We've been bottom half for yards against for 8 of the last 10 years (I think I have that right!)

He's getting older, I wouldn't be upset if he left now. He's hardly getting exposed, he;s getting old.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Becton the OT from Luaville came in at 6'7", 364#, and under 20% body fat. That is an absolutely massive human being even by NFL standards. And then ran a relatively impressive 5.1 40.

I'd love to see another Larry Allen...

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
The key to figuring out what Brady will do is to figure out what he is after. And I don’t think that’s maximising his salary... hasn’t been an issue for him in the past, plus his wife earns the mega bucks.

He’s after something else and that makes me feel like he’s ready to leave NE.

Unless of course this whole thing is mixed up and it’s really the Pats who don’t want him back ... it’s all possible.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
AJ Bouye to the Broncos for a 4th-round pick.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
He’s an UFA right? Probably signing elsewhere then, yeah... Shame - Simmons had a great season last year, that secondary combined with Miller and a healthy Chubb would’ve been some D.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He’s an UFA right? Probably signing elsewhere then, yeah... Shame - Simmons had a great season last year, that secondary combined with Miller and a healthy Chubb would’ve been some D.
Yep

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
That probably clarifies our draft a bit. I’ve seen mocks having CB’s going to Denver in the 1st.

That helps free us up for one of these great WRs. Or OT, which I was wrong about and is more like 4-deep in this class with top-tier prospects instead of 2.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Isaiah Simmons, ostensibly a linebacker, ran a top-10 overall 40 at 4.39? What is this madness @Carolina Red ...?

He might be the most interesting player in the draft.

Carolina Red

Staff
Isaiah Simmons, ostensibly a linebacker, ran a top-10 overall 40? What is this madness @Carolina Red ...?

He might be the most interesting player in the draft.
Simmons started his career as a safety before getting moved to outside linebacker.

He actually swapped back and forth with Tanner Muse a lot this past season between the outside linebacker and safety positions. He was playing safety when he picked off Ohio State on the sideline in the semifinal.

Best player I can think of to compare him to would be Brian Urlacher, who also began his career as a safety but physically grew into a linebacker as he got older.

Last edited:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Simmons started his career as a safety before getting moved to outside linebacker.

He actually swapped back and forth with Tanner Muse a lot this past season between the outside linebacker and safety positions. He was playing safety when when picked off Ohio State on the sideline in the semifinal.

Best player I can think of to compare him to would be Brian Urlacher, who also began his career as a safety but physically grew into a linebacker as he got older.
I was trying to think of someone to compare him to; Urlacher makes sense.

I was thinking Roy Williams (of the RW rule fame) on steroids.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

No way the Niners would agree to this, right? :lol:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

He actually swapped back and forth with Tanner Muse a lot this past season between the outside linebacker and safety positions. He was playing safety when he picked off Ohio State on the sideline in the semifinal.

Darren Woodson went the opposite route - college LB to safety in the NFL. Jimmy often used him in different roles when he had Everett & Washington as his safeties in 92 & 93. Solidified the SS spot in 94 after Everett was traded in a cap savings move. Woodson had the speed and coverage ability to play FS but they had Washington then Marion.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I don’t think they’d be that stupid... but you never know!!
I hope they don't make this trade - aside from me rather having Jimmy G than Brady, I think it would destroy the locker room.

The only way I see this happening, is if the Niners have a deal in place for Kirk Cousins, who is a FA next season. That way they would have Brady for one year.

I would prefer Jimmy G over Cousins as well, but Shanahan is a long term admirer of Cousins.....

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Marshal Yanda calling it a day after 13 seasons with the Ravens.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Anyone signing up to the idea of Washington taking Tua at 2? I’m not, because I can’t see Rivera passing on the best defensive prospect in maybe a decade.

But there is bound to be some QB drama in the top 10. At least I hope so, if only to make round one interesting.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Anyone signing up to the idea of Washington taking Tua at 2? I’m not, because I can’t see Rivera passing on the best defensive prospect in maybe a decade.

But there is bound to be some QB drama in the top 10. At least I hope so, if only to make round one interesting.
It's best player available for them at that spot, no way they pass up on Young. Same should be the case for the Lions and Simmons (whose biggest need is LB anyway, I think). The Giants should go Okudah or OL, the Dolphins should definitely go OL, but I think the Chargers might go for Tua at #6 actually.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

No way the Niners would agree to this, right? :lol:
Wouldn't surprise me if it happened. Brady is from just down the road from where the Niners play and would almost surely be pushing for this, as would BB. Not sure how delusional/gullable Lynch and Shanahan are though, to where they think Brady can push them over the finish line next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.