NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

edcunited1878

I’ve been reading through the convos between the amateur scouts on reddit that have “seen every throw” and I feel like I knew less than when I started.
But not every throw is the correct throw, let alone a good throw. Was it even the correct read, how was their drop back and footwook, etc. The biggest thing we don't have much insight into is how much aptitude and capacity to learn do these young QBs have. And what it means to be a professional and team leader. It's the behind the scenes stuff like film work, working out, how you conduct yourself with non-football staff, and hoping these players project better and improve.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
But not every throw is the correct throw, let alone a good throw. Was it even the correct read, how was their drop back and footwook, etc.
Pfft, they know whether it was the correct throw or if he’s a 1-read QB, if he can change his arm angle on the run, if he can throw off one foot in the rain, whether they’d want to be a cat or a dog, etc. :wenger:

Tiber

Now a done deal. Texans are having a really weird month. Culley hired over Bieniemy and Frazier seems a surprise

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Get him to San Francisco.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Potentially could see Goff, Jimmy G, Stafford, Rodgers, Darnold all move in addition to Rivers retiring & Brees likely retiring. Talk of Matt Ryan also moving but I think his contract is horrible so not sure who takes him. Wentz rumours seem to have died down recently.

I think Watson ends up in Miami or NYJ.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Houston should want Cousins, he is great. :angel:

Edit: Barnwell has a fantasy trade for the Vikings

Vikings send: 14th and 90th overall picks in 2021, 2022 first-round pick, 2023 first-round pick (to Texans), QB Kirk Cousins (to Patriots)
Texans send: 2023 fourth-round pick, QB Deshaun Watson (to Vikings)
Patriots send: 2022 fifth-round pick, 2023 fifth round pick, QB Jarrett Stidham (to Texans)

Last edited:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Potentially could see Goff, Jimmy G, Stafford, Rodgers, Darnold all move in addition to Rivers retiring & Brees likely retiring. Talk of Matt Ryan also moving but I think his contract is horrible so not sure who takes him. Wentz rumours seem to have died down recently.

I think Watson ends up in Miami or NYJ.
Only Houston is dumb enough to take on Goff’s contract. Ryan is a good bet to move next year; I was hoping for a reunion in SF but he is prohibitively expensive to move this year.

Tiber

Id love Watson. But The Dolphins offensive roster is pretty shit. If we do spend 3+ first round picks on him, idk how much talent we can put around him. The teams going deep in the playoffs have QBs, but also real weapons around them.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

:lol:

Looking like Jets or Dolphins is the most likely outcome right now, but basically anyone's game if they put in an offer that's high enough. Funny thing is that Houston isn't even entertaining the offers right now apparently.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Surely they’d be wise to enter a bubble situation now?!

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Not sure, if there's one infected person or just one false negative if they're all in a bubble together, you'd have to play with an entire practice squad them. Might be better to only allow contact with a few other teammates outside of trianing (like I think how it was during the regular season).

The Chiefs basically gotta put Mahomes Kelce and Hill in bubble wrap and make sure all the other ones don't do anything stupid for a week. I think the Chiefs also aren't going to Tampa until the day or max two days before the SB.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
Id love Watson. But The Dolphins offensive roster is pretty shit. If we do spend 3+ first round picks on him, idk how much talent we can put around him. The teams going deep in the playoffs have QBs, but also real weapons around them.
Deep WR FA class this year though, with some good young WRs available:

Chris Godwin
Kenny Golladay
Curtis Samuel
Will Fuller
JuJu Smith-Schuster
Corey Davis

Then you have some older WRs available such as:
Marvin Jones
T.Y. Hilton
Sammy Watkins
A.J. Green
Allen Robinson

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-free-agency-2021-examining-wide-receiver-market

Fuller, Parker, and Gesicki, plus a good OC wouldn't be a bad supporting cast for Watson to be fair, and that's before you look at the Draft. WR is not like a QB or an Edge Rusher in that you can find genuinely good ones regularly enough in R2/R3 of the Draft; A.J. Brown and Terry McLaurin went 51st and 76th in 2019 for example.

Tiber

Dan Campbell is building an interesting staff.

Lynn was my No1 choice for Dolphins OC, Mark Brunell as QB coach, Aaron Glenn as DC with Dom Capers joining the staff as an assistant. Plus John Dorsey in the front office.

Campbell isn't a playcaller, but he was genuinely beloved by the players in Miami and clearly did well with the Saints. With a strong technical staff around him it could work

Though they might want to find a QB

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
My question on Godwin: How good is he if he's the team's #1 wideout?

Has he been productive by having stud teammate in Evans which put him in better situations?
He has been a good player when it comes to contested catches anyway

Plus while Godwin might benefit off Evans, Evans probably benefits off Godwin too

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Dan Campbell is building an interesting staff.

Lynn was my No1 choice for Dolphins OC, Mark Brunell as QB coach, Aaron Glenn as DC with Dom Capers joining the staff as an assistant. Plus John Dorsey in the front office.

Campbell isn't a playcaller, but he was genuinely beloved by the players in Miami and clearly did well with the Saints. With a strong technical staff around him it could work

Though they might want to find a QB
I think Dan Campbell will flop big time. Anthony Lynn is as lackluster of a OC hire as it gets.

Sylar

Great News!

So here's the whole issue i have with this.
If that flag wasn't thrown near the end and packers get the ball back and score a TD does he stay? If so then are we saying he's going based on that play ?

If not and it's on other things, why did the packers rely on a defence coordinated by him vs a MVP quarter back to get a TD and a 2 point play? (Rodgers had once chance but who knows there may have been a flag to give more opportunities)

The defence was relied upon to stop a first down rather than stopping Brady from going half the length to get into FG range

The whole thing is a mess. pettine deserves blame for allowing that TD before half time (although king had a shocker)
But we also had quite a few turnovers second half (and were a top 10 defence overalll which resulted in packers going 3 and out

That was the bigger issue (and the failed red zone attempts) where you can now ask why didn't they get Rodgers an extra target to throw to instead of an unused QB who wasn't highly sought after ?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I’ve seen reports of Denver being on Watsons “top 5” and others saying this. Feels like everyone is guessing to be honest but I’m not for one minute expecting him to end up in Denver.
If the Stafford to 49ers stuff is true and Detroit really is wanting to do the deal early, then the conversation will soon be how much it’d cost to move up to 2-4. It will be a lot if Carolina is also serious about jumping in line as reported.

Tiber

Jebus that's a lot. Imagine what Watson is going to cost if Stafford is worth all that

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Wow. The 49ers with Stafford would have likely been co-favorites or close to that - at least in the NFC, now that’s all turned on it’s head. Imagine the dogfight in the NFC West if they also manage to upgrade at QB.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Two 1sts and a 3rd round pick is more than I thought the Lions could get for a soon to be 33-year old Stafford who wanted out. Downside is they’re taking on Goff’s contract, but there’s an out after 2021. Makes me wonder now what Houston can get for Watson.

Status
Not open for further replies.