NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Would like Brady & Gronk to win another ring but Mahomes is something special & each time I watch them I just expect them to score when they need to. Hopefully it’s a close, fun game to watch.

I predicted KC over Tampa at the start of the season & going to stick with that - KC to win 31-27.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
I'm torn because I think Mahomes and Brady are both elite quarterbacks. I might be shifting a bit to Brady but if KC wins I'm not going to be terribly upset. Both deserving teams but I think Brady's experience will give him an edge over Mahomes. We'll see...may the best team win.

Neo_Mufc

Any fun bet recommendations for tonights game? Sorry if wrong thread but wanted to ask the experts first. Nothing big just a couple £5's here or there.

RedDevilRoshi

I think the Buccs will sneak it as Brady’s experience on this stage is going to be vital. Although Mahomes is such a special player and is so capable of producing a moment of magic when his team need it.

Overall, I just want a really good, entertaining and enjoyable game.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Any fun bet recommendations for tonights game? Sorry if wrong thread but wanted to ask the experts first. Nothing big just a couple £5's here or there.
Tails / Heads on opening coin toss
O/U 2 minutes for National Anthem
O/U 0.5 Tom Brady rushing yards
O/U 1 Mentions of Belichick
O/U 1.5 Views of Gisele
Y/N Will there be a Star Wars Commerical

Tails. Over on the rest. I don’t know why Star Wars is there so...:confused:

Jack-C20

For us UK viewers I’m assuming it’ll be on both BBC and Sky. With that in mind what channel is everyone picking? If it’s the usual BBC team I’ll be watching them.

RedDevilRoshi

For us UK viewers I’m assuming it’ll be on both BBC and Sky. With that in mind what channel is everyone picking? If it’s the usual BBC team I’ll be watching them.
The Sky coverage starts at 10 whilst the BBC one starts at 11.30

I’ll start with the Sky one but then switch over to the BBC one when it starts. Prefer their coverage over Sky’s.

Jack-C20

The Sky coverage starts at 10 whilst the BBC one starts at 11.30

I’ll start with the Sky one but then switch over to the BBC one when it starts. Prefer their coverage over Sky’s.
Same. I just hope it’s the same group that normally do the highlights shows. Think they’re more entertaining than the Sky lot.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Sky pre-game then BBC for me assuming they’ve got Carlson.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'm a big fan of Mahomes, but when growing up my family would always go watch Tampa Bay Rays at baseball when we visited Florida.

As a result, my loyalties lie with the Buccaneers. Is there a status above GOAT? Brady winning the SuperBowl in his first season with Tampa must surely elevate him to a higher-status beyond the realms of humans.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Literally laughed out loud :lol: As if.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I'm a big fan of Mahomes, but when growing up my family would always go watch Tampa Bay Rays at baseball when we visited Florida.

As a result, my loyalties lie with the Buccaneers. Is there a status above GOAT? Brady winning the SuperBowl in his first season with Tampa must surely elevate him to a higher-status beyond the realms of humans.
He's an overrated hack. If you are supporting the Buccaneers you should be rooting for Byron Leftwich.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
All the talk about Brady is not only ridiculous it’s actually massively insulting to the rest of that roster.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Todd Bowles is one of the best Defensive Co-ordinators of the past decade.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
All the talk about Brady is not only ridiculous it’s actually massively insulting to the rest of that roster.
Frankly the only people talking about Brady in this thread are those who are trying argue no part of the Tampa success is due to him

Yeah the media is hyping but then, they only ever talk about QBs. Any big game is about QB v QB but there is, as you say, much more to a roster than QB.

But I guess the Brady hate is starting early!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Frankly the only people talking about Brady in this thread are those who are trying argue no part of the Tampa success is due to him

Yeah the media is hyping but then, they only ever talk about QBs. Any big game is about QB v QB but there is, as you say, much more to a roster than QB.

But I guess the Brady hate is starting early!
I mean...

Is there a status above GOAT? Brady winning the SuperBowl in his first season with Tampa must surely elevate him to a higher-status beyond the realms of humans.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I mean...
I do note that I am very much a casual NFL fan throughout most of the season - if anything, I watch maximum 5 games during the season.
I am very much a "all-about-the-SuperBowl" kind of fan.

My opinion is very much not something to hold as valid.
Edit: As @rpitroda has said above.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
You quote ONE person who doesn’t regularly post in this thread? Come on dude.
It was right there, I can’t be arsed going hunting for more but there has been plenty of talk about him turning that team around which is frankly nonsense.

It’s not just the media but you’re right they’re definitely the worst for it. It’s nauseating.

It’s like if Gerrard had won the PL a bunch of times with the scousers, how the English media would have collectively ruined their wardrobes.

RoadTrip

I do note that I am very much a casual NFL fan throughout most of the season - if anything, I watch maximum 5 games during the season.
I am very much a "all-about-the-SuperBowl" kind of fan.

My opinion is very much not something to hold as valid.
Edit: As @rpitroda has said above.
Haha quick lesson to learn - no Brady praise in here unless you want to take a roasting :lol:

edcunited1878

Do you really expect anything different? Tampa was a good team last year but had too many injuries and the most turnover prone QB in recent league history. They got better as a team even without Brady, especially their defense.

I agree it's disrespectful but it's a simple and easy to discuss one player like the QB and Brady than to go on about the team.

RoadTrip

It was right there, I can’t be arsed going hunting for more but there has been plenty of talk about him turning that team around which is frankly nonsense.

It’s not just the media but you’re right they’re definitely the worst for it. It’s nauseating.

It’s like if Gerrard had won the PL a bunch of times with the scousers, how the English media would have collectively ruined their wardrobes.
It’s not nonsense though. That’s just your heavily biased opinion, right? If we are being sensible and objective, it’s a team that went 7-9, didn’t hugely improve on defence vs previous years, but did find a QB who wasn’t turning it over all day, that instead made it to the Super Bowl.

Anyone who says that it’s all down to Brady is wrong. Anyone who says Brady having anything to do with it is “nonsense” is wrong. Brady is a factor, how much of a factor is down to one honourable gentleman’s opinion, but let’s not pretend he has nothing to do with it.

Anyway I’m not getting roped into Brady discussions (at least not until I’ve had a few more beers!) so I’m done on this matter

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It’s not nonsense though. That’s just your heavily biased opinion, right? If we are being sensible and objective, it’s a team that went 7-9, didn’t hugely improve on defence vs previous years, but did find a QB who wasn’t turning it over all day, that instead made it to the Super Bowl.

Anyone who says that it’s all down to Brady is wrong. Anyone who says Brady having anything to do with it is “nonsense” is wrong. Brady is a factor, how much of a factor is down to one honourable gentleman’s opinion, but let’s not pretend he has nothing to do with it.

Anyway I’m not getting roped into Brady discussions (at least not until I’ve had a few more beers!) so I’m done on this matter
I’ve not said once he has nothing to do with it, you’re misinterpreting me entirely be it wilfully or not.

I said the narrative that he “turned them around” is nonsense, and it is. As you’ve alluded to yourself they just needed a QB who doesn’t turn it over every second throw.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Has he single-handedly dragged a bad roster to the Super Bowl? Of course not. Would Tampa be in the Super Bowl with Jameis or just any other average QB in the league? Also of course not.

Objectively speaking he did turn their fortunes around in only one season - from no playoffs in almost two decades to the Super Bowl is impressive no matter how you look at it. It's not all down to him but what he did do is install his work ethic and winning mentality onto a very talented roster and it paid dividends right away. I don't know why people wanna question that apart from out of pure hatred.

And let's be real the NFL have their absolute wet dream QB matchup tonight. It was always gonna be the Brady vs Mahomes narrative that the media was gonna push. Any true NFL fan can easily look past that, however annoying it indeed is.

RoadTrip

I’ve not said once he has nothing to do with it, you’re misinterpreting me entirely be it wilfully or not.

I said the narrative that he “turned them around” is nonsense, and it is. As you’ve alluded to yourself they just needed a QB who doesn’t turn it over every second throw.
So if that’s all they needed, and he did it, did he not turn them around? Hmm.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Notable Tom stat, since we all love talking about him so much: his QBR drops off more sharply than any other QB when under pressure, and KC’s 2 best lineman will often be lining up against the relative weak points on the TB OL.

Just like TB maybe treating the KC OL like practice dummies, that is something to watch that the game could hinge on.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Disagree - from 7-9 and perennial losers to Super Bowl in one season simply is turning a franchise around. They also didn't need just any other QB. Or you really think they'd be playing tonight with the likes of Kirk Cousins (definitely an above average QB)?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Disagree - from 7-9 and perennial losers to Super Bowl in one season simply is turning a franchise around. They also didn't need just any other QB. Or you really think they'd be playing tonight with the likes of Kirk Cousins (definitely an above average QB)?
Probably.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
And they even managed to win the Championship game with him turning it over a bunch!
Chiefs won the Super Bowl last year with Mahomes throwing two INTs and still getting the MVP. Stats are a means to an end and not the end all be all.

They also managed to win the Championship game with him throwing 3 TDs in the first half if I'm not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.