NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Carlos Hyde to the Seahawks, one-year deal.

lsd

The Oracle
I thought his agent denied the report. Apparently Dak is looking for a shorter deal but Dallas wants a longer one.

Yeah its rubbish both sides have denied it . I expect him to sign a new deal shortly .

The guy does deserve to get paid as he has fulfilled his rookie contract which for an NFL quarterback was peanuts especially compared to the rest of the team . In four seasons he never missed a game through injury and to be the totally honest deserves a huge deal for the way he was treated in his first season by Jerry Jones who was publically hoping he got injured so Tony Romo could get his place back

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Where would you guys/ladies rank Steve Smith Jr in a WR ranking? Top 20/30/40/50?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Causing quite a stir on Twitter at the moment.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Hopefully the Vikings are preparing trade offers for Michael Thomas. :angel:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Complete ignorance to come out & say this after everything that’s happening.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Always fascinating to me to see how the flag fetish is more important to so many of these guys than y'know, people being murdered in the street.

All hail the flag.

Last edited:

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I don’t get how he can have worked and been close to black men, especially black men who grew up poor, and still be so ignorant.
After watching what pat McAfee and AJ hawk have been saying about the locker room teaching you about other cultures, this is just ignorance from him.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Always fascinating to me to see how the flag fetish is more important to so many of these guys that y'know, people being murdered in the street.

All hail the flag.

Do they actually do the pledge of allegiance every morning in school over there? Or has telly lied to me?

edcunited1878

Do they actually do the pledge of allegiance every morning in school over there? Or has telly lied to me?
Yeah, I did all throughout elementary school for sure. I don't remember doing it in middle school or high school (12 to 18). Maybe we did, but wasn't really bothered anymore.

Some public schools throughout the country do daily prayer. And some companies do prayer before meetings. Yeah.

Anywho, while I understand what Breezers is saying and I empathize with him, his belief and statements about disgracing the flag in context with BLM is ignorant.

For example, I hate seeing people burn the U.S. flag in the United States. But I do understand why they are doing it and feel to do so to help them express what they are feeling and seeing.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Always fascinating to me to see how the flag fetish is more important to so many of these guys that y'know, people being murdered in the street.

All hail the flag.

While it does seem silly, many Americans attribute what the flag symbolizes to the sacrifices by those made in war. We're even taught to fold it a certain way and not ever let it touch the ground.

And yes @Shane88 almost every kid here grows up reciting the pledge every morning in school. Never even thought twice about it. I did think it was strange however when my high school football coach led a prayer before/after games. This was at a public school mind.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I did just over a year of school when we lived there when I was a kid and we did, yes.
Yeah, I did all throughout elementary school for sure. I don't remember doing it in middle school or high school (12 to 18). Maybe we did, but wasn't really bothered anymore.

Some public schools throughout the country do daily prayer. And some companies do prayer before meetings. Yeah.

Anywho, while I understand what Breezers is saying and I empathize with him, his belief and statements about disgracing the flag in context with BLM is ignorant.

For example, I hate seeing people burn the U.S. flag in the United States. But I do understand why they are doing it and feel to do so to help them express what they are feeling and seeing.
While it does seem silly, many Americans attribute what the flag symbolizes to the sacrifices by those made in war. We're even taught to fold it a certain way and not ever let it touch the ground.

And yes @Shane88 almost every kid here grows up reciting the pledge every morning in school. Never even thought twice about it. I did think it was strange however when my high school football coach led a prayer before/after games. This was at a public school mind.
Cheers. I find it a very strange practice. Drilling the importance of the flag into young impressionable minds every single morning.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
How can you be that tone deaf when you’ve been living in fecking New Orleans for the past decade? I know there’s been a few flag burnings but that wasn’t the topic.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
If I'm not mistaken Brees has done an amazing amount of good to the city of NO and Lousiana as a whole, right from the start after hurricane Katrina happened. I don't think he necessarily means bad by his comments but he's speaking from a very privileged position.

But yeah, even if this isn't directly speaking out against the protests, it's very ignorant on his part especially if you know who he's around of for such a lengthy period of time. Should definitely know better than this. No fecking flag is worth more than the rights/lives of your fellow human beings.

Emmanuel Sanders are the latest teammate to react to it.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Brees is a smart, compassionate person and usually well aware of the situation so this tone deafness of equating fight against racial oppression to the flag and military is something I would not have expected of him.

Working in Houston, where we had the largest transplant population of New Orleans natives in the country, I've seen plenty of black people at work places who have a framed picture of Brees or his jersey at either their work place, cubicle or living room. These comments are going to hit especially hard for them.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If I'm not mistaken Brees has done an amazing amount of good to the city of NO and Lousiana as a whole, right from the start after hurricane Katrina happened. I don't think he necessarily means bad by his comments but he's speaking from a very privileged position.

But yeah, even if this isn't directly speaking out against the protests, it's very ignorant on his part especially if you know who he's around of for such a lengthy period of time. Should definitely know better than this. No fecking flag is worth more than the rights/lives of your fellow human beings.

Emmanuel Sanders are the latest teammate to react to it.

In Malcom Jenkins original video he said something to the effect of 'with all due respect Drew, shut the feck up". He deleted that after Brees reached out to him and they had a discussion of some sort and then re-posted this.

I have no doubt Brees is, by all accounts, a genuinely nice guy, very charitable, a huge asset to the community in New Orleans, but those are the reasons why this feels all the more shocking and disappointing. If it was Nick Bosa who made those comments, the reaction wouldn't have been this immediate or strong. Brees is someone people who know him genuinely considered an ally, as Jenkins also alludes to *sigh*

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Haha Brees, what a moron, @Eboue was right once again.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Right of him to apologise & acknowledge he got it wrong.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Decent apology, as far as apologies go. It reads though he genuinely wrote himself.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
That stock photo is the cringiest shit imaginable.

Status
Not open for further replies.