NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsd

The Oracle

Zeke, amongst others.

Yeah Texas is paying the price for all the lockdown protests and we want our freedom idiots .

I can recall a few instances where Zeke was accused of breaking lockdown as well too along with other players

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

AJ Brown has been working out :eek:

Still though, he had a ridiculous 8.6 yards average after the catch last season which is simply not sustainable. Tennessee only averaged 31.5 pass attempts per game too which was almost bottom in the league.

Fantasy players, don't draft him at his current ADP, draft Marquise Brown a few rounds later instead and thank me later.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
This is not just NFL related, but I thought I’d drop it here if you wanted Fauci’s thoughts on American sports reopening. Skip to about 90sec to get to the point (it did not leave me optimistic, at least for NCAAF).

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Rams & Chargers confirmed as jointly being the features of this years Hard Knocks.

Yawn.
I like it - rookie QB vying for a starting spot during life after Rivers, and McVay is one of the most intriguing HCs in the league with the best defensive player in the league on his team (with also a rookie RB battling for the starting job etc.). Should be a good one.

Meanwhile, Deebo Samuel has suffered a broken foot :( Really sad to read that, I think he was ready for the next step this season. Immediately catapults Aiyuk into WR2 imo, territory unless Dante Pettis can finally step it up.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I like it - rookie QB vying for a starting spot during life after Rivers, and McVay is one of the most intriguing HCs in the league with the best defensive player in the league on his team (with also a rookie RB battling for the starting job etc.). Should be a good one.
Seeing more of McVay will be the only interesting aspect of it for me.

The Rams were on Hard Knocks, what, 2 years ago? Then they were on All or Nothing. And the Chargers are just plain boring.

It’s just an uninspiring choice.

lsd

The Oracle
I guess if the Chargers sign Kaepernick there will be a lot if interest but other than that i wouldn't be watching it for either the Chargers or the Rams

lsd

The Oracle
Could Jerry go all-in on next season and trade for Jamal Adams, or can they not afford him?

Not if they pay Dak which they should. I have seen some news they may be willing to trade Gallup for Adams which i wouldn't like

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

I'd snap your hand off for Adams at the Texans. Top 3 safety in the league, and by far the best blitzing safety.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Speaking of the Cowboys, has Jerry “I can’t keep my mouth shut for more than 5 minutes” Jones spoken yet about the social justice issues the rest of the league and indeed the world is focussed on right now?

His silence recently has been deafening.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Speaking of the Cowboys, has Jerry “I can’t keep my mouth shut for more than 5 minutes” Jones spoken yet about the social justice issues the rest of the league and indeed the world is focussed on right now?

Don’t believe he’s uttered a word yet. Pretty sure a few years back he said anybody kneeling wouldn’t play for dem Cowboys - it’ll be interesting how he reacts when some of his players take a knee (I’m expecting Dak to be one of those).

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Don’t believe he’s uttered a word yet. Pretty sure a few years back he said anybody kneeling wouldn’t play for dem Cowboys - it’ll be interesting how he reacts when some of his players take a knee (I’m expecting Dak to be one of those).
Zeke, too. And Amari. Probably loads of players.

lsd

The Oracle

Not a word and Gerard McCoy recently called him out on his silence saying the Cowboys players want to know where he stands on the issue .

Im glad someone at the team stood up and called him out but unless he comes out and signs Kaepernick now its likely to be too late if he ever does say anything now, its pretty clear where he stands on the issue and his silence only affirms it

lsd

The Oracle
Jamal Adams going viral on twitter after telling a fan he is trying to come to the Cowboys.

Like I say I just hope we don't give Gallup away for him . I would be happy giving up a first pick

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Jamal Adams going viral on twitter after telling a fan he is trying to come to the Cowboys.

Like I say I just hope we don't give Gallup away for him . I would be happy giving up a first pick
A quick look at your cap situation tells me that it's a bad idea. in 2021 without Prescott, your cap space will be at 36m, you could cut Tyrone Smith and Dontari Poe in order to create 12m but you will barely have money to sign your draftees and won't have money to replace the two players that you cut and some of your current rookies aren't even counted, Lamb and Diggs.

lsd

The Oracle
A quick look at your cap situation tells me that it's a bad idea. in 2021 without Prescott, your cap space will be at 36m, you could cut Tyrone Smith and Dontari Poe in order to create 12m but you will barely have money to sign your draftees and won't have money to replace the two players that you cut and some of your current rookies aren't even counted, Lamb and Diggs.

We can work it this year as Dak's tag is accounted for and he obviously does want to come to us .

Next year will take some manoeuvring but we could be Superbowl Champions by then

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
If games go ahead this season with no fans then the impact on revenue across the league would mean the salary cap for next season drops considerably.

Do we assume they will agree to maintain the 2020 cap level or increase it by a percentage based on the last few increases, rather than actually having it drop?

lsd

The Oracle
Do you think games will go with no fans ? I mean it makes sense everywhere else but i get the impression things are different in NFL land

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Unless we see a drastic change over the course of the next 6 weeks, I think it's almost impossible to have full 60-80k stadiums in the beginning of September. Especially considering the current state of the crisis in the USA.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We can work it this year as Dak's tag is accounted for and he obviously does want to come to us .

Next year will take some manoeuvring but we could be Superbowl Champions by then

The tag has no impact on this. Even if you squeeze both Adams and Dak, next season you wil have no money and if you push some money in the future you put yourself in a terrible position where you are not even sure to be able to extend Adams or any of your top rated rookies.

Basically don't do a Rams, rookie contracts are important and you could easily get a top Safety with the 1st round that you are willing to forfeit.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Do you think games will go with no fans ? I mean it makes sense everywhere else but i get the impression things are different in NFL land
It will be different state by state, i.e. Texas not giving any fecks vs Cali which has already banned any events of that nature in LA until 2021.

This is one reason why it will be almost impossible for the NCAAF to have a normal season.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It will be different state by state, i.e. Texas not giving any fecks vs Cali which has already banned any events of that nature in LA until 2021.

This is one reason why it will be almost impossible for the NCAAF to have a normal season.
I hadn’t heard that about Cali, although it makes sense.

Given the NFL have prevented players returning to team facilities in any state until ALL teams were permitted to do so by their respective states, on the basis of keeping things fair and everyone on the same treatment, I wonder if they would limit attendance in all games anyway even if Texas (for example) would permit it, for the same reasons.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Given the NFL have prevented players returning to team facilities in any state until ALL teams were permitted to do so by their respective states, on the basis of keeping things fair and everyone on the same treatment, I wonder if they would limit attendance in all games anyway even if Texas (for example) would permit it, for the same reasons.
Definitely. You simply can't have Dallas playing 8 home games in a full stadium and the Giants playing 8 games in an empty one in the same division/conference, seems hugely unfair to me. If California doesn't back down from their ban until 2021, the only fair option would be to have empty stadiums throughout the league, however much it would suck.

Makes me wonder whether they'll have attendances for playoff games in that case. Impossible to predict right now, I guess.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The only recourse would be LA teams playing their home games in Phoenix/Vegas/Utah & Arizona NCAAF stadiums, and that seems like a logistical nightmare. Not to mention the fact I haven’t even heard it mooted.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Seems unfair to me if the Cali ban holds up.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Seems unfair to me if the Cali ban holds up.
It seems unfair for the Rams. Probably helps the Chargers for whom every game has feel of a road game with there being more oppo fans in the stadium.

I guess it comes down to revenues, if they can get 50% capacity accross the season rather than zero it'll make a massive difference to the amount of money they lose due to covid.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Florio from PFT is reporting the same. I am guessing people like Jerry Jones are arguing strongly that it is unfair to deprive them of revenue and block fans from attending due to directives in other locales.

They would also argue we‘re not seeing COVID spikes in cities that had the largest protests, so open-air events are low-risk and it is states’ economies opening up with workers indoors causing the current spikes.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Florio from PFT is reporting the same. I am guessing people like Jerry Jones are arguing strongly that it is unfair to deprive them of revenue and block fans from attending due to directives in other locales.

They would also argue we‘re not seeing COVID spikes in cities that had the largest protests, so open-air events are low-risk and it is states’ economies opening up with workers indoors causing the current spikes.
Yea I can imagine Jerry arguing for States rights :wenger:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It seems unfair for the Rams. Probably helps the Chargers for whom every game has feel of a road game with there being more oppo fans in the stadium.
:lol:

Vividly remember that Steelers game. Terrible towels everywhere.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Yea I can imagine Jerry arguing for States rights :wenger:
John Elway would be his right-hand man ;)

Anyhow, I find this typical of pro sports though it's always been about making money for ownership. But it's an outright FU to fans. They don't care about safety and death, just a "feck you pay me" war cry.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
@BeforeKeanetherewasRobson still here, praying for a normal start of the season on September 10th :nervous:

Keeping busy with some Fantasy redraft mock drafts at the moment - tis the SZN!

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
@BeforeKeanetherewasRobson still here, praying for a normal start of the season on September 10th :nervous:

Keeping busy with some Fantasy redraft mock drafts at the moment - tis the SZN!
Glad you've not been excommunicated.

Looking forward to the NFL though the recent US stats on CV don't look great and chance of impacting? I guess they could do BCD :confused: as still gets TV audience?

(I did NFL fantasy league last season (and won) but not to the level of mock drafts like US does. It's a whole industry there?)

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Good move for both parties. Hopefully we’ve got some receivers this year that can help the QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.