NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

This is great. I wonder how many will be taking knees now next season. Didn't Jerry say in the past that he doesn't want any Cowboy doing it, or am I making stuff up?

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Fecking hell, just realized Kaep is only 32 years old! Wonder if he would even entertain playing again at this point?
The issue isn’t him entertaining the idea - I believe he’s been keen to play for a while. The issue is teams not signing him and yet signing QBs who are more shite because they don’t want the “bad publicity”.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Drew Brees doubled down on his flag apology with a message addressed to Trump, now it’s white people that are angry at him. :lol:

Last edited:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Fecking hell, just realized Kaep is only 32 years old! Wonder if he would even entertain playing again at this point?
I'd be very interested to see if this happens now that the league has finally turned in the other direction publicly.

I'm only a new fan of the NFL so haven't got to see him play - Anybody want to fill me in on how he stacks up ability wise? See him fitting in anywhere among the teams that need a QB?

Any chance of something crazy like Garoppolo back to NE and Kaepernick back to the 49ers?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Shouldn't be paid, has one of the best back-ups in the league behind him and apart from last year, he couldn't be trusted to handle the workload for a full season...

I really don't understand RBs holding out in the current climate. Their big deals in the last few years have shown that it's not worth it to pay them handsomely.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Shouldn't be paid, has one of the best back-ups in the league behind him and apart from last year, he couldn't be trusted to handle the workload for a full season...

I really don't understand RBs holding out in the current climate. Their big deals in the last few years have shown that it's not worth it to pay them handsomely.
Yeah, I really like Cook but when Mattison, Boone and Abdullah are your backups, holding out doesn't look like a good idea. And I'm against paying RBs big money, you can draft a solid starter every single year for cheap.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I'd be very interested to see if this happens now that the league has finally turned in the other direction publicly.

I'm only a new fan of the NFL so haven't got to see him play - Anybody want to fill me in on how he stacks up ability wise? See him fitting in anywhere among the teams that need a QB?

Any chance of something crazy like Garoppolo back to NE and Kaepernick back to the 49ers?
Can't see Garoppolo going anywhere... when you find your QB (and he's decent), you don't trade.

I don't have enough in-depth knowledge of NFL to detail Kaepernicks qualities (or not), but he was part of the 49ers team that went to a SB a few years before he was dropped so guessing can't be terrible.

No idea if still has it though as years out of competitive sport is a challenge for any sportsperson? He at least deserves teams to give him a fair shot though.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

No chance at all, Keapernick isn't a good fit for Shanahan. Among current QBs, Shanahan will only trade Garoppolo if he can get Cousins or Mahomes.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Chargers, Pats, and Broncos (in that order) would seem logical destinations for Kap. He’s been out of the game a good 3 plus years now and would need to prove he’s still got it once again. That said, he’d probably still be an upgrade on Tyrod Taylor, which would give Herbert time to develop without the pressure to perform like a vet right away.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
'Help Me, I Can't Breathe.' NFL Star Von Miller on George Floyd, Racism, and Protests

I have real respiratory challenges. I can’t count the times I’ve said, “Momma, I can’t breathe.” “Daddy, I can’t breathe.” “Please, help me. I can’t breathe.” Every time, every single time, someone helped. I cannot even imagine what it would be like to get no help. Since George Floyd died, tears have overcome me at least once a day. And then, as I thought about it, I have felt this pain in varying degrees for as far back as I can remember—at least since the first time I was called a n****r in elementary school. The pain sears me every day, now. It’s an emotional pain. It’s a physical pain. It is the pain of oppression in a country that’s supposed to be free.

I have been so blessed. I grew up in the Dallas area in a loving, middle class home, with my brother and both of our parents. They provided for us, protected us, taught us and loved us, but they couldn’t protect us from the ugliness and sheer pervasiveness of racism. It’s everywhere and utterly unavoidable. After the world introduced me to racism while I attended elementary school, I encountered it again from a high school football coach. I had to engage it several times in college—on and off campus. And now, despite living my childhood dream of playing in the NFL, I continue to experience the constant nightmare of racism. I donated a police vehicle to my hometown in 2016, but when I chose to take a knee for a single game in 2017 during the national anthem to protest racial inequality and police brutality, I received hate mail and lost endorsements.

have real respiratory challenges. I can’t count the times I’ve said, “Momma, I can’t breathe.” “Daddy, I can’t breathe.” “Please, help me. I can’t breathe.” Every time, every single time, someone helped. I cannot even imagine what it would be like to get no help. Since George Floyd died, tears have overcome me at least once a day. And then, as I thought about it, I have felt this pain in varying degrees for as far back as I can remember—at least since the first time I was called a n****r in elementary school. The pain sears me every day, now. It’s an emotional pain. It’s a physical pain. It is the pain of oppression in a country that’s supposed to be free.

I have been so blessed. I grew up in the Dallas area in a loving, middle class home, with my brother and both of our parents. They provided for us, protected us, taught us and loved us, but they couldn’t protect us from the ugliness and sheer pervasiveness of racism. It’s everywhere and utterly unavoidable. After the world introduced me to racism while I attended elementary school, I encountered it again from a high school football coach. I had to engage it several times in college—on and off campus. And now, despite living my childhood dream of playing in the NFL, I continue to experience the constant nightmare of racism. I donated a police vehicle to my hometown in 2016, but when I chose to take a knee for a single game in 2017 during the national anthem to protest racial inequality and police brutality, I received hate mail and lost endorsements.

I am not a football player named Von Miller. I am Von Miller—a strong, proud, African-American who loves making kids smile, people laugh and my parents shake their heads. I also just happen to play football, which has given me a platform. My love for our country compels me to use it. My message is this: I am all in for unity, equality and justice. If you are committed to that, we can ride together. Let’s goooo!

Say their names. Hands up. Don’t shoot. I can’t breathe.
https://time.com/5850076/von-miller-george-floyd-protests/

lsd

The Oracle

This is great. I wonder how many will be taking knees now next season. Didn't Jerry say in the past that he doesn't want any Cowboy doing it, or am I making stuff up?

He did then he knelt himself to get publicity.
I think the current feeling will make a big difference now as no one will be able to stop anyone that does kneel this coming season

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I don't expect much from Hamler, too many targets to go round in that offense, would be surprised if he ends the season with more than 50-60 targets. He'll only play the slot in 3WR sets.

Fant should take a step forward though. And it won't be long before Jeudy surpasses Sutton as the #1, he's too talented not to. If Lock is up to the task this might be an electric offense, but they'll still be held back by Fangio for now imo.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I don't expect much from Hamler, too many targets to go round in that offense, would be surprised if he ends the season with more than 50-60 targets. He'll only play the slot in 3WR sets.

Fant should take a step forward though. And it won't be long before Jeudy surpasses Sutton as the #1, he's too talented not to. If Lock is up to the task this might be an electric offense, but they'll still be held back by Fangio for now imo.
I’m in my annual “Broncos are gonna be awesome this year” hype mode at the moment and this year genuinely feels like we have a shot at a >500 season at the least.

I’m hoping Fangio has learned some lessons and Shurmur will bring some life to the offence with Lock and the weapons he has around him.

Lock
Sutton
Jeudy
Hamler (agree he’ll be a clear #3)
Fant
Lindsay
Gordon

If the o-line can hold up that’s a scary set of players for any DC to have to plan for.

We’ll go 4-12 now.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
We’ll go 4-12 now.
:lol:

Someone on a podcast explained it quite well imo, in that teams which draft offense-heavy are always more hyped / overhyped during the offseason because you know the players better and you're more excited about them. Drafting Jeudy & Hamler and adding Gordon certainly has a lot of people excited in the industry right now. If you go all-out on defense in the draft, like the Panthers did for example, people tend to overlook you a bit more.

The wait for the NFL will be a bit more bearable this year with NBA and Premier League during the summer. It's gonna be September 10th before we know it :drool:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
@RobinLFC yea that makes sense and agree other teams have all made strides too.

Thankfully on the defensive side we were already pretty well stacked. We’ve lost a few key pieces but brought in what you’d hope would be suitable replacements.

I’m gutted Harris has gone (curse of me getting his jersey) but Bouye is a great fit coming in.

Wolfe is a beast but Jurrell Casey coming in is again a great fit.

Chubb will be back which will in turn free up Miller.

Etc.

3-13 now.

Phil

As a neutral it feels like Denver are flying under the radar a bit whilst making strong moves throughout the team. Feels like it's all on Drew Lock to step up now?

My piping hot take is second in the AFC West

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I’m in my annual “Broncos are gonna be awesome this year” hype mode at the moment and this year genuinely feels like we have a shot at a >500 season at the least.

I’m hoping Fangio has learned some lessons and Shurmur will bring some life to the offence with Lock and the weapons he has around him.

Lock
Sutton
Jeudy
Hamler (agree he’ll be a clear #3)
Fant
Lindsay
Gordon

If the o-line can hold up that’s a scary set of players for any DC to have to plan for.

We’ll go 4-12 now.
All the pieces are in place for a 10-6 or better year, especially with Chubb coming back.

I fully expect Jeudy to quickly establish himself as the main guy who can get 100 catches a year.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
@RobinLFC yea that makes sense and agree other teams have all made strides too.

Thankfully on the defensive side we were already pretty well stacked. We’ve lost a few key pieces but brought in what you’d hope would be suitable replacements.

I’m gutted Harris has gone (curse of me getting his jersey) but Bouye is a great fit coming in.

Wolfe is a beast but Jurrell Casey coming in is again a great fit.

Chubb will be back which will in turn free up Miller.

Etc.

3-13 now.
We have less holes on the roster than you’d expect from our previous record. The problem is KC and Baltimore got stronger in the offseason, so even with the Pats in transition the AFC looks tough at the top.

The Broncs have to pray Lock‘s overall game is as good as his arm strength.

Last edited:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
We have less holes on the roster than you’d expect from our previous record. The problem is KC and Baltimore got stronger in the offseason, so even with the Pats in transition the AFC looks tough at the top.

The Broncs have to pray Lock‘s overall game as his arm strength.
I’m by no means expecting a championship run but it would be great to see a winning season and at least making the playoffs.

Football season can’t come soon enough!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I’m by no means expecting a championship run but it would be great to see a winning season and at least making the playoffs.

Football season can’t come soon enough!
I'm actually surprised Fumagalli hasn't played more. He was very good in college.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'm actually surprised Fumagalli hasn't played more. He was very good in college.
He’s had a few injury problems if I remember correctly.

The TE room has some real competition now, with him, Heuerman and Jake Butt and now Okwuegbunam (yes I had to google that spelling) being drafted after Lock specifically tipped him him to Elway in their pre-draft discussions having played with him very successfully in college.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, suddenly they are all for it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.