NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That's a decent contract for the Chiefs, they will have to be good at drafting in the short term though.

JPRouve

Scout
Their offense is set. They have a young core. Defense definitely needs to be improved.
In the NFL you are never set. They have a lot of players out of contract in 2022, their offensive line for example will have to be rebuilt when this new contract start.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
In the NFL you are never set. They have a lot of players out of contract in 2022, their offensive line for example will have to be rebuilt when this new contract start.
I didn’t mean for the entirety of this contract. He was referring to the immediate future.

JPRouve

Scout
I didn’t mean for the entirety of this contract. He was referring to the immediate future.
I am the "he" and none of my posts concern the entirety of his contract, I said short term because 2022-20223 is for example short term.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I am the "he" and none of my posts concern the entirety of his contract, I said short term because 2022-20223 is for example short term.
:lol: My bad. Didn’t realize it was you. Also yes they would have planned for that to a certain extent. They aren’t going to just sign Mahomes and let everyone else leave. I’m sure they will sign Hill and Kelce to at least one extension before letting them leave. They just drafted a crafty RB so it’s just a case of nurturing him. They have to focus more on the O-line and defense. Also Mahomes is so good that he can make average guys look good like Brady did for so long with the Pats.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Great deal for Mahomes imo. That there’s actually debate that KC might have gotten the better end of it is testament to Mahomes’ talent and drive.

drdoityourself

Seems like a good deal for all parties. Dak reportedly asking for around 40 million per year makes this a good deal for Chiefs. The cap will get higher in coming years so they will still be able to build around that.
Mahomes gets the most expensive contract in American sport and the NFL get to showcase a real superstar that they maybe lacked in comparison to other sports in the country.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Rapoport saying it’s a deal up to $503m with $477m in guarantee mechanism, and he has outs if they aren’t exercised.

Fecking hell. Half a billion.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Rapoport saying it’s a deal up to $503m with $477m in guarantee mechanism, and he has outs if they aren’t exercised.

Fecking hell. Half a billion.
Insane! His agent earned his money on this deal.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

I might be wrong, but isn’t this effectively Chiefs having the option to cut him every year - so if he turns to shit, they have an out?!

drdoityourself

Mahomes' agent is Leigh Steinberg, the character of Jerry Maguire was based on him I read somewhere.

He's Ben Roethlisberger's agent in this video, that's where I first saw him. Looked so unprofessional at that draft table, almost like a spoilt child. Didn't think he'd be the big shot he is.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
There’s now a petition to change the Vikings name as well?

I’m all for changing things if it offends people but unless I’m missing something obvious this is pushing it a bit for me.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Most likely a bunch of "all lives matter" types lashing out over the Washington issue. Saw loads of it on twitter, Chiefs were mentioned too.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
There’s now a petition to change the Vikings name as well?

I’m all for changing things if it offends people but unless I’m missing something obvious this is pushing it a bit for me.
Vikings kind of makes sense because Minnesota (and Wisconsin) had a large presence of Scandinavians during the settler times.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Vikings kind of makes sense because Minnesota (and Wisconsin) had a large presence of Scandinavians during the settler times.
But does any one of those people actually still care or is this just a bench of feckwits acting like feckwits because what’s been happening lately across the country?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Most likely a bunch of "all lives matter" types lashing out over the Washington issue. Saw loads of it on twitter, Chiefs were mentioned too.
Yeah would think so, that makes “sense”.

Man of Leisure

Just got a survey from the Chargers regarding my season tickets for the upcoming season at SoFi Stadium. Thought this question was interesting:

JPRouve

Scout
Just got a survey from the Chargers regarding my season tickets for the upcoming season at SoFi Stadium. Thought this question was interesting:
I'm pretty sure that they have enough empty seats in normal circumstances. The lottery is superfluous.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
But does any one of those people actually still care or is this just a bench of feckwits acting like feckwits because what’s been happening lately across the country?
I only heard about this from your post. Maybe it’s an elaborate wum? I doubt anyone would be seriously offended by the viking mascot.

Man of Leisure

I'm pretty sure that they have enough empty seats in normal circumstances. The lottery is superfluous.
:lol: We've got a real shitty home schedule this year too. For non-division opponents, we've got a Brady-less pats team, Jags, Jets and Panthers. I'll wait until 2021.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Ravens likely putting a cap on attendance at 14k (out of 70k), if fans are even allowed to attend in the first place. That’s about 20%... Last I checked it seemed like the Texas would be limited to 25% capacity for large venues rising to 50% in the next phase of reopening, but I wouldn’t be optimistic about any state in the Sunbelt right now.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Will ticket prices go up?
Why should you pay more for a shit atmosphere in the stadium? Also possibly having to wear a face mask during the game? If anything, they should reduce the price of tickets....

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Yes, true.
And now, the current market research indicates that people who are well-off (so people who can afford NFL tickets) might be actually more risk averse, because they are really afraid of getting Covid. In many cases that might put them off.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Snyder held off way too long. It was uncool years ago, now finally the money machine has forced him to change it after he said he'd never do it.
It just goes to show money matters more than principles for him.

It will be mildly interesting to see what they come up with.
Anyone on here want to play with that?
Of course if you do, you'd better trademark it or that cnut will steal it.

I'll take a stab at it and he can have these for free. (If the realtor from northern Virginia hasn't already trademarked these).
Washington Rabbits
Washington Beavers
Washington Bullets (it's a joke!).
DC Lobbyists.
DC Corrupts.
DC No Term Limits.
DC Representatives (a not so subtle play on the 'Taxation Without Representation' on the DC license plates).
Washington Capitalists (sorry Ovechin).
Landover Liars (the stadium is in MD).
Landover Quitters.
Maryland Redskins.
Maryland Quakers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.