NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What you base your "Gurley can't be trusted" opinion on, because it makes no sense.
He has arthritis, you can't put all your eggs in his basket and you shouldn't consider that he is some sort of Adrian Peterson. Giving him a RB1b would lengthen his career and provide you an insurance policy.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
:( Not in the first 9 rounds though. In my defense, since we're in a dynasty league I needed a backup plan for old man Brees and Burrow was just sitting there. Debated dropping Lock, but figured I could offload him to one of you Denver homers. :D
I'd be interested in Lock since I'm gambling with a Tom Brady and Jared Goff combination. But I don't know anyone decent I'd be willing to give up for him. Unless you want Goff.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He has arthritis, you can't put all your eggs in his basket and you shouldn't consider that he is some sort of Adrian Peterson. Giving him a RB1b would lengthen his career and provide you an insurance policy.
He has had arthritis since college and hasn't missed more than 2 games in a season since his rookie year. The Rams tried to limit his touches last season but only realized midway through it that it wasn't working and fed him the ball more, which he handled just fine.

Adding Fournette might lengthen Gurley's career but he's in ATL on a one-year deal. They won't be looking to add Fournette at all imo.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Alvin Kamara has had an unexcused absence over the past 3 days due to contract related issues. Ooohh ohh! Holdout upcoming?

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Madden 21 has a 0.3 user rating on metacritic :lol:
#NFLdropEA is trending... Can’t blame them tbh.

And fecking hell on the Kamara news. Now is not the time to start a holdout ffs!

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
@okLaptop1

Fellow Vikings fan, things are heating up. :lol:

This is kinda weird. He's not very good, but he's basically our best offensive tackle, so our line is gonna even more fecked. When it came out that Ngakoue took a pay cut to come here, I figured that anything like this wouldn't happen until the next off season.

marktan

Been watching some of the football series' on Netflix, like last chance u and have enjoyed them. Considering catching some games, what's the best way to watch from the UK? Any recommended teams to watch?

JPRouve

Scout
This is kinda weird. He's not very good, but he's basically our best offensive tackle, so our line is gonna even more fecked. When it came out that Ngakoue took a pay cut to come here, I figured that anything like this wouldn't happen until the next off season.
He is far worse than O'Neil, who is one of the best tackles in the league, and it's not surprising because the structure of his contract was designed to make him a cut/restructure candidate this offseason and beyond.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
He is far worse than O'Neil, who is one of the best tackles in the league, and it's not surprising because the structure of his contract was designed to make him a cut/restructure candidate this offseason and beyond.
Oh jeez brainfart on my part, yeah O'Neil is better, although I'm not sure about best in the league, he wouldn't be top 10 for me. Still, losing Reiff would make our line worse, and this close to the season? Not much time at all to readjust, unless there's another crazy trade in the works. Even if he doesn't agree to a restructure, I wouldn't have seen the harm in cutting him next off-season when we could address it in the draft, or at least have actual game tape on the fringe guys so we can know who to promote and give them a whole summer to prepare with the other 1s.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

Most likeable sports host out there. Can't wait to have him back.
Anyone prepared to dehydrate themselves so they don't need the toilet for about 8 hours, all for the sake of fan entertainment, is a hero in my book.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
How many years is it now that the Chargers just haven’t caught a break when it comes to injuries? Every year it’s the same story.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Been watching some of the football series' on Netflix, like last chance u and have enjoyed them. Considering catching some games, what's the best way to watch from the UK? Any recommended teams to watch?
RedZone!

It’s the best sports broadcast there is; basically live highlights as it switches to whichever game has action, or shows multiple games at once via multi screen (OCTOBOX!) with the most enthusiastic and generally amazing host talking you through the switches and what’s going on.

You’ll see every touchdown from every game as well as all the big/highlight plays either live or within a few mins of them happening.

RoadTrip

Other alternative is fork out for game pass, and watch games in 40 mins condensed (full games with every play but cuts all the ads and gaps between plays)

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Other alternative is fork out for game pass, and watch games in 40 mins condensed (full games with every play but cuts all the ads and gaps between plays)
Yeah I have to do that anyway because we don't have RedZone on Sky like in the UK. The Essential GamePass is €50 or €60 per year I think, which is dirt cheap if you consider what you get in return - NFL programs, game-day coverages, NFL Originals, RedZone, condensed games, ... Think the only thing you can't do compared to a full GamePass is watch full games (on demand or live).

marktan

RedZone!

It’s the best sports broadcast there is; basically live highlights as it switches to whichever game has action, or shows multiple games at once via multi screen (OCTOBOX!) with the most enthusiastic and generally amazing host talking you through the switches and what’s going on.

You’ll see every touchdown from every game as well as all the big/highlight plays either live or within a few mins of them happening.
Sounds cool, what's the best way to watch that? Sky Sports?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Sounds cool, what's the best way to watch that? Sky Sports?
Yep, it’s usually on Sky Sports Mix (if that still exists) so you don’t even need the proper sports package.

It’s fun following along in this thread too :)

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I’m away for the first 2 weekends in Cyprus - will gamepass work out there :lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I’m away for the first 2 weekends in Cyprus - will gamepass work out there :lol:
You can check in which areas you have access to it. I remember being in the Dominican Republic two years ago and it fecking didn't work :mad:

Installing a VPN beforehand should fix the issue though I'd imagine.

JPRouve

Scout
Oh jeez brainfart on my part, yeah O'Neil is better, although I'm not sure about best in the league, he wouldn't be top 10 for me. Still, losing Reiff would make our line worse, and this close to the season? Not much time at all to readjust, unless there's another crazy trade in the works. Even if he doesn't agree to a restructure, I wouldn't have seen the harm in cutting him next off-season when we could address it in the draft, or at least have actual game tape on the fringe guys so we can know who to promote and give them a whole summer to prepare with the other 1s.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Kamara has pulled himself out of on field activities and Saints willing to trade if new deal isn’t worked soon.

Classic negotiating tools by both parties I’d guess.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Kamara has pulled himself out of on field activities and Saints willing to trade if new deal isn’t worked soon.

Classic negotiating tools by both parties I’d guess.
Schefty is downplaying how serious a trade possibility, so yeah I just see a negotiation.

Was checking on my new adopted team and there has been talk of Arizona in a trade involving a player + pick, but I wouldn’t guess that’s it.

RoadTrip

You can check in which areas you have access to it. I remember being in the Dominican Republic two years ago and it fecking didn't work :mad:

Installing a VPN beforehand should fix the issue though I'd imagine.
Works all across Europe and a number of other countries too - Cyprus should be fine!

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
So seems like the Kamara thing was overblown.

Came at an ideal timing though as I got him as my 1.08 pick last night in the Caf draft :lol:

Nick Underhill has been on the money regarding Kamara all offseason and he has said this:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I don't care that it's still 8 days away, I'm bored and I wanna do some predictions. Just looked at mine from last year which were just awful. Browns in the AFC Championship game, Mayfield MVP and Kitchins COTY, ffs :lol:

I have three AFC North teams making the playoffs which probably won't happen at all but feck it. Think the Raiders will be close too, and the Pats are always in contention I guess, but let's go with the fun stuff happening. In the NFC I think the Buccaneers will be close but if the 49ers get a bit healthier again, they're good enough to make it again. Vikings could be a wildcard too, and maybe the Eagles if they get healthier themselves.

MVP: Russell Wilson
OPOTY: Davante Adams
DPOTY: Nick Bosa
OROY: Clyde Edwards-Helaire
DROY: Isaiah Simmons
CPOTY: Alex Smith
COTY: Pete Carroll

NFC North: Packers
NFC East: Cowboys
NFC South: Saints
NFC West: Seahawks
Wild card I: Falcons