NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Wild that these two teams can each field 2 of the fastest men in the NFL, and at least 2 of those 4 are highly skilled. And that’s not counting Lamar.

It‘s like the Al Davis strategy but actually working.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The score line actually flatters the Ravens. The importance of the marginal differences at QB and coaching were laid bare again.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The score line actually flatters the Ravens. The importance of the marginal differences at QB and coaching were laid bare again.
The trouble with the Ravens, and what held them back from going further last year and which after last night is still apparently a problem, is that Lamar's passing threat isn't good enough to balance their running. This allows top teams with good coaches like the Chiefs, Titans et al., to simply focus on stopping the run without having to worry too much about Lamar hitting them with deep balls. Once the Ravens fix that they will be at the next level and their rushing threat will take on an even bigger dimension since opposing DCs will be left with headaches of whether to load their players in the box or to keep more support in the secondary.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
People are overreacting to last night. The Ravens are well-coached and 21-1 to all teams not named Kansas City in the regular season since Lamar took over in 2018. They'll be fine.

The blame shouldn't fall on the Ravens offense either for the loss, their D just couldn't stop Mahomes. They were 77% on third downs and scored on every Redzone drive. Meanwhile the Ravens were 33% on third downs. Lamar rarely had receivers open, with some catchable balls dropped as well (I remember an Andrews TD that he'd normally come down with). The Chiefs D is severely underrated too imo.

The trouble with the Ravens, and what held them back from going further last year and which after last night is still apparently a problem, is that Lamar's passing threat isn't good enough to balance their running. This allows top teams with good coaches like the Chiefs, Titans et al., to simply focus on stopping the run without having to worry too much about Lamar hitting them with deep balls. Once the Ravens fix that they will be at the next level and their rushing threat will take on an even bigger dimension since opposing DCs will be left with headaches of whether to load their players in the box or to keep more support in the secondary.
Agreed with that. And Lamar has already taken huge steps forward with his passing - he was middle of the pack on deep balls last year according to PFF.

YAMS49

By backup you mean?

There is a guy trending called J.wilson. He is a RB and I have been looking for one.

There's also Lazard who seems to be doing really well but I have 3 good WRs
Wilson is currently 2nd RB at 49ers, he'll be playing that role for the next few weeks. Can you get McKinnon (Current RB1) or Dwelley at tight end?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
People are overreacting to last night. The Ravens are well-coached and 21-1 to all teams not named Kansas City in the regular season since Lamar took over in 2018. They'll be fine.

The blame shouldn't fall on the Ravens offense either for the loss, their D just couldn't stop Mahomes. They were 77% on third downs and scored on every Redzone drive. Meanwhile the Ravens were 33% on third downs. Lamar rarely had receivers open, with some catchable balls dropped as well (I remember an Andrews TD that he'd normally come down with). The Chiefs D is severely underrated too imo.

Agreed with that. And Lamar has already taken huge steps forward with his passing - he was middle of the pack on deep balls last year according to PFF.

Neo_Mufc

Wilson is currently 2nd RB at 49ers, he'll be playing that role for the next few weeks. Can you get McKinnon (Current RB1) or Dwelley at tight end?
McKinnon is not available but Ross Dwelley is. Is that who you would recommend as 1st pick waivor.

What about Lazard? He has a ton of points at the moment and is available.

YAMS49

McKinnon is not available but Ross Dwelley is. Is that who you would recommend as 1st pick waivor.

What about Lazard? He has a ton of points at the moment and is available.
Lazard is a wideout, if you have one pick take him. If you need like for like and have a slot at TE then Dwelley makes sense this week if Kittle isn't healthy.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You don't need to blow your #1 waiver wire position for scraps. Lazard will be inconsistent once Adams is back. The Niners backfield can't be trusted, and Kittle will probably play again this Sunday.

You'd be better off holding on to the #1 and wait until another starting RB goes down.

Neo_Mufc

Lazard is a wideout, if you have one pick take him. If you need like for like and have a slot at TE then Dwelley makes sense this week if Kittle isn't healthy.
You don't need to blow your #1 waiver wire position for scraps. Lazard will be inconsistent once Adams is back. The Niners backfield can't be trusted, and Kittle will probably play again this Sunday.

You'd be better off holding on to the #1 and wait until another starting RB goes down.
Cheers guys, I'll wait.

YAMS49

Time to be reasonable again.... Mahomes & Reid had Raven's vaunted man to man D chasing shadows in the first half, the play calling & execution was a joy. I actually felt sorry for Patrick Queen, he's a great rookie but man he looked lost out there.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Fun while it lasted, I guess.

Let's see how it'll work now. I guess re-tests first for everyone on the Titans, isolating the Vikings and testing them all individually, and then see from there. I think the negatives can play on Sunday but not sure how fair that is without being able to train or prepare for their next opponents this week.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Another problem for the Ravens is that their WRs are simply not good enough, which forces Lamar to be over-reliant on Andrews. Opposing D Coordinators know this and plan accordingly.

The Ravens instead opted to draft Patrick Queen at LB then Dobbins (despite already having Ingram and Edwards leading them deep into the playoffs last year). They should've traded for or drafted a better receiver instead, which would've gone a long way to solving what we saw last night.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Another problem for the Ravens is that their WRs are simply not good enough, which forces Lamar to be over-reliant on Andrews. Opposing D Coordinators know this and plan accordingly.

The Ravens instead opted to draft Patrick Queen at LB then Dobbins (despite already having Ingram and Edwards leading them deep into the playoffs last year). They should've traded for or drafted a better receiver instead, which would've gone a long way to solving what we saw last night.
Queen was probably a necessary pick, but they did pass on Mims where Dobbins was picked. Duvernay could pan out, but he is an undersized speedster similar to Hollywood.

Myles Boykin not developing into a reliable X target man kind of screwed them, and Mims is a more skilled version of him. At least I think...he’s been on IR.

RooneyLegend

Aaron Rodgers looks ridiculously good. He's making mincemeat of defences and laughing around at the same time. Throw in a few throws that don't make much sense you really get to watch something different. He also finds a way to use strange plays at important moments. Like it could be third and long and someone would get their first reception.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Aaron Rodgers looks ridiculously good. He's making mincemeat of defences and laughing around at the same time. Throw in a few throws that don't make much sense you really get to watch something different. He also finds a way to use strange plays at important moments. Like it could be third and long and someone would get their first reception.
Yeah, so far he looks like his old self from 2010-2014. If he keeps this up, we become an immediate contender. The guy is capable of so much. Now that he seems to trust and understand the system, he throws much sooner. It’s making all the difference.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Cheeseheads must be ruing the draft even more now with not getting immediate help for Rodgers or the defense. They are not far off from being the class of the NFC given the Seahawks’ defense and the Bucs super team still coming together.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Apparently a backup DT, a practice squad TE and the long snapper have tested positive for the Titans. Hopefully that means that no Vikings have caught it either. League has told Pittsburgh to prepare as usual for their game against the Titans Sunday but it wouldn’t surprise me if it eventually gets delayed a day or postpoled indefinitely.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Could the Chiefs do it?
I would not fancy them to have a good chance, but it is 2020 and in their division the Broncos just lost another starter and the Chargers are bound to suffer even more because - well - they’re the Chargers, so who knows.

Also they drew the NFC South which, even with the Falcons being helter skelter, is no walk in the park.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Utterly dominant. Level of QB'ing by these two and Rodgers (and Allen? :nervous: :lol:) has been ridiculous so far this season.

Neo_Mufc

The guy who was offering macaffrey last week is now offering Kelce.

Should I try again? He looks like he's after a QB. I have Big Ben and Baker on my bench.

Edit - I already have fant as my t.e and he's doing really well.

Any help would be great thanks.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
With winter on the horizon, I wonder if this will make the NFL think of contingency plans should more teams have players testing positive. Best case scenario right now is these teams play a midweek game later in the season, but it has the potential to become a bit of a clusterfeck if more games are going to be postponed in the near future.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
With winter on the horizon, I wonder if this will make the NFL think of contingency plans should more teams have players testing positive. Best case scenario right now is these teams play a midweek game later in the season, but it has the potential to become a bit of a clusterfeck if more games are going to be postponed in the near future.
What about having a bye before the play offs but using that week for teams who haven’t been able to play certain games.

It’s not perfect but I’m not sure how else they could do it.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What about having a bye before the play offs but using that week for teams who haven’t been able to play certain games.

It’s not perfect but I’m not sure how else they could do it.
Yeah I think that makes sense, unless a particular team has multiple games postponed! Unless I’ve missed it, I’ve not seen any plans they’ve got if things get worse, so hopefully this gets them thinking & telling teams what the fallback is should more games get postponed.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah I think that makes sense, unless a particular team has multiple games postponed! Unless I’ve missed it, I’ve not seen any plans they’ve got if things get worse, so hopefully this gets them thinking & telling teams what the fallback is should more games get postponed.
Word in the summer was that they've made arrangements to push the Super Bowl (and playoffs) back to as far as April or May, but not sure how true that is anymore now that the season kicked off on schedule.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I think they had a lot of room to be flexible. Adjusting bye weeks, pushing season back a few weeks. All is possible as long as contingency planning has been done which you’d hope it has.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
They have the hotel rooms booked a month past the Super Bowl already. I bet the execs wouldn’t mind playing a couple few weeks extra too much so they’re on TV and the NFL is in the headlines almost right up to the combine.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Hell, the Jets are now favored over the Broncos after the line moved. That is a new low, I didn’t think they’d be favored over anyone.

Maybe we are in contention for a top ‘lottery’ pick.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I hope the Broncos win and that Gase gets fired afterwards. That man shouldn't be within a mile of a coaching job in football, let alone a HC one in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.