NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It's flaming obvious. No franchise should EVER draft a RB in the top 10 pick range, I don't care how good that player is. There are far more valuable slots to fill.
The 3 players taken immediately after Zeke in the 2016 draft: Jalen Ramsey, Ronnie Stanley, DeForest Buckner...

YAMS49

We have Deebo back so he was 5th at best on the chart behind Deebo, Aiyuk, Bourne, Taylor & potentially the abysmal Pettis.

James is also expected back this week.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Very soon I would think. Fitzpatrick isn't getting any younger, and even though he's an oddly good runner, its still no match for Tua's speed and mobility. Plus he can throw as well.
You reckon? I don't think they'll be in any rush to put him in a real game and test out that hip until they're absolutely sure it's 100%. Surely they'll wrap him in cotton wool this season and take the Ls, pick up a high value pick then use him next season

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I know nothing about college football, does he give Lawrence a run for overall #1?
Lawrence is widely regarded as #1.

The other guy is considered a potential top 10 pick as well, but not nearly at Lawrence's level.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I know nothing about college football, does he give Lawrence a run for overall #1?
No, he is a high risk/high reward guy; Lawrence is low risk/high reward. If he had played he might‘ve pushed to #2 ahead of Fields and (OT) Sewell.

He could turn out to be Mahomes, or he could be Kyle Boller.

Neo_Mufc

Anyone mind helping me pick a T.E whilst N.Fant is injured.

I have the choice of Herndon,Hooper,Thomas,Cook,Alie-Cox.

I have 1st waiver as well, should I use it.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Another two Titans players alongside a Raiders player too:

Oh boy.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Another two Titans players alongside a Raiders player too:

Oh boy.
Not sure why it would put the Broncos game in jeopardy as long as everyone tests negative. The pic with Mahomes is a bit concerning though.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Not sure why it would put the Broncos game in jeopardy as long as everyone tests negative. The pic with Mahomes is a bit concerning though.
I think because obviously there could be more positive tests to come for the Pats, with Newton and now Gilmore being positive. He also covered a lot of Watkins on Monday, so hopefully the Chiefs get the all clear.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

This makes no sense to me. You know what Kyle Allen is, and it isn't starting QB material.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
just drafted in a 14 man league with expanded bench spots @RobinLFC

QB: Daniel Jones, Tyrod Taylor
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Kareem Hunt, Matt Breida, Chase Edmonds, Tony Pollard, Jerrick McKinnon
WR: DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup, Diontae Johnson, Stephen Sims, Andy Isabella, James Washington
TE: Jared Cook, Jonnu Smith, Greg Olsen
D/ST: whocare
K: whocare
@RobinLFC

2-2 now. streamed defenses the first 3 weeks and each put up a negative. made the below trades over the past few weeks

• Diontae Johnson and Jonnu Smith for Patrick Mahomes
  • Michael Gallup and Chase Edmonds for Kenyan Drake and Marques Valdez-Scantling
  • Kareem Hunt, Jared Cook, Mo Alie-Cox for George Kittle, Alexander Mattison, Ravens D/ST

Here's how my team looks now

QB: Mahomes, Tannehill
RB: McCaffrey, Drake, McKinnon, Pollard, Mattison, Coleman, Davis
WR: Cooper, Moore, Ward, Valdes-Scantling, Mooney, Shepard
TE: Kittle, Tonyan, Thomas
D: Baltimore
K: Gostkowski

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
It means they’ve basically given up on Haskins.

Separate topic. What is concerning though is that Titans players are still testing positive. Means / feels like that once it gets going, it could have multiple week impacts.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Huh... I made it a point to watch Haskins against the Browns, and he looked miles off. Always staring guys down, not going through his reads.

But I don’t see the upside in starting Allen. They must be worried about shattering his confidence by continuing to play him when he’s not ready. Or him completely losing the huddle.

RoadTrip

Huh... I made it a point to watch Haskins against the Browns, and he looked miles off. Always staring guys down, not going through his reads.

But I don’t see the upside in starting Allen. They must be worried about shattering his confidence by continuing to play him when he’s not ready. Or him completely losing the huddle.
I think, given how much he has already played, it’s difficult for me to believe that they have much hope left for him. It has to be that they’ve lost faith. Not to say that Haskins might not earn it back.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I think, given how much he has already played, it’s difficult for me to believe that they have much hope left for him. It has to be that they’ve lost faith. Not to say that Haskins might not earn it back.
It’s surprising because sources from ‘inside the building’ supposedly said the new staff had confidence he was their QB of the future. People were even thinking Rivera wouldn’t take a QB when they end up near the top of the draft.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It’s surprising because sources from ‘inside the building’ supposedly said the new staff had confidence he was their QB of the future. People were even thinking Rivera wouldn’t take a QB when they end up near the top of the draft.

RoadTrip

I mean, they have to say that right? Sure it could genuinely be true and only time will tell, but this notion of “taking him out not to lose him” in my view is only a logical scenario for a new guy you’ve stuck in, immediately realised within a couple of games he’s just not ready, and then take him out. I think that logic falls down for someone like Haskins who has had a good number of starts. Of course though, not under Rivera, so that’s why I’m saying it’s possible still.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I kinda believe it. They have a ferocious D-line if everyone is healthy and a good head coach, if he believes that Allen will play competently (or at least better than Haskins), they might have a shot at the division title in the trainweck that is the NFC East.

Of course they'll probably realize that Allen isn't any better a few games in and be stuck at 2-5 or something after his stint. The best you can hope for is that Alex Smith is accustomed with your offense and he gets back to his level pre-injury (unlikely, I'll admit, but the upside with him is way higher than the other two guys).

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
They will steal a couple victories simply because of that DL, but surely the Cowboys will get it together and rack up a few wins.

Surely...

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Idiots. Now they might have to forfeit the game against the Bills instead of it being postponed.

RoadTrip

It’s a harsh punishment but I think I’d agree with it if the issued it. I’d even say the same if the Pats broke protocol in such a way.

I think in particular because we aren’t talking about a small breach, it’s a pretty large scale breach of the protocol. If it was something minor then they’d need to find something without forfeiture of a game. E.G a fine or if it’s a player, that player being banned for the game.

I do think it’s important teams which break protocols are punished hard because not only is it dangerous obviously from the virus perspective, but if games are being moved because of it, it’s a huge impact and inconvenience on the opposition team. Obviously though, the protocol doesn’t stop the virus and you’d still expect cases. So equally important to identify the situations where it happened because it was inevitable and no one broke protocol, VS ignorance.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

That's that for the Titans-Bills game, I suppose. Only thing to be determined whether it'll be postponed or forfeited. I think it should be forfeited but they should also give the Steelers a W for last week and reschedule their bye week to its original week. Can't have different outcomes for games with respect to the same outbreak imo.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I wonder if that could get messy with the players’ union. If the innocent team doesn’t get their game checks, they’re being punished for something the other team did. Though they might have already had that conversation I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.