NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Name me a better duo than Brady and interceptions vs the Saints.

edcunited1878

Brady was off the entire night....Saints defensive line dominated and got Brady off his spot. One of his worst performances in years....all credit to NO.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Brady v Eli's Giants...somehow someway
New York exploded when the Giants won the last Superbowl against The Patriots. I lived in an apartment building then and the entire structure started vibrating with the celebrations. People were running on the streets screaming, throwing coolers out the window, random strangers were hugging each other. Man... that was something special.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
So been recommended this to replace the hole left by F1, but haven't a clue who to get behind.
Who's the villain's, the underdogs, the favorites, the despised etc? Do I go for the glory fan, or @Grylte thumb sucking luck picking a side?
Bit late to party, but you must support the Packers, come on now. Suggested the same to @Edgar Allan Pillow a few years ago, and despite some hiccups and heart-breaks, I don't suppose he's regretting the lovely decision to follow them? Breathtaking pedigree...if you care for history and romance and all that symbolic jazz, all-time great quarterback (an idiotic liar and a prima-donna, yes, but sooo wonderful at slinging the ball) paired with a potent running game and a consistent offensive line and arguably the best receiver of recent years, smart young head coach and play caller, a defense that will be bolstered pretty soon...can't ask for much more (apart from better special teams play if we're being objective); oh, the NFC Championship will pass through Lambeau this year, and Rodgers has what it takes to to outgun the AFC representative in the Super Bowl. Alright, that there's my sales pitch. Don't support: the Cardinals (will always let you down, a profoundly sucky franchise), the Rams (McVay and Stafford = phonies), the Buccaneers (owned by the Glazer cohort, will return to irrelevance pretty soon), the Patriots (Wehrmacht equivalents, just don't), the Chiefs (hubristic twits), the Bills (too reliant on Allen and too easy to game-plan against). If you're dead set against the Packers for some inexplicable reason, maybe get behind the Chargers (don't trust the franchise as a whole if I'm being honest, but they have a favorable future with an outstanding quarterback on a rookie deal and a head coach who is a real wheeler-dealer type...and come 2022, a literal ton of cap space to fortify the roster).

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Nah, he was unnecessarily Uber aggressive all game.
Not really . He has no defence and against the packers he knew that he would need TD’s to win the game . People always remember the odd fg that you give up going for it but forget how many times that aggressiveness actually helped in the other drives

lsd

The Oracle
Bit late to party, but you must support the Packers, come on now. Suggested the same to @Edgar Allan Pillow a few years ago, and despite some hiccups and heart-breaks, I don't suppose he's regretting the lovely decision to follow them? Breathtaking pedigree...if you care for history and romance and all that symbolic jazz, all-time great quarterback (an idiotic liar and a prima-donna, yes, but sooo wonderful at slinging the ball) paired with a potent running game and a consistent offensive line and arguably the best receiver of recent years, smart young head coach and play caller, a defense that will be bolstered pretty soon...can't ask for much more (apart from better special teams play if we're being objective); oh, the NFC Championship will pass through Lambeau this year, and Rodgers has what it takes to to outgun the AFC representative in the Super Bowl. Alright, that there's my sales pitch. Don't support: the Cardinals (will always let you down, a profoundly sucky franchise), the Rams (McVay and Stafford = phonies), the Buccaneers (owned by the Glazer cohort, will return to irrelevance pretty soon), the Patriots (Wehrmacht equivalents, just don't), the Chiefs (hubristic twits), the Bills (too reliant on Allen and too easy to game-plan against). If you're dead set against the Packers for some inexplicable reason, maybe get behind the Chargers (don't trust the franchise as a whole if I'm being honest, but they have a favorable future with an outstanding quarterback on a rookie deal and a head coach who is a real wheeler-dealer type...and come 2022, a literal ton of cap space to fortify the roster).

He would have to be a hillbilly then though.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This post will come in handy if packers lose in the playoffs and the fans claim that Rodgers had no suppprt

Mike Smalling

They won’t - because the aforementioned cnut is a bottler :drool:
I hope you are right. Unless it ends up being Packers-Chiefs (which looks pretty likely), then I would definitely root for the Bad Man over Mahomeboy.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Saints :drool: :drool:

I really like Mark Ingram but the amount of work he's stealing from the best weapon in football, especially on passing downs, is ridiculous at this stage of his career though.

lsd

The Oracle
Can't believe Brady and The Bucs were shut out.

Did all the Refs have covid?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Ravens backup QB looks and moves almost exactly like Lamar.
Surely this is planned philosophically to avoid changing the offensive scheme much when a backup enters.

Puzzled on back-to-back two point attempts for the win. On one hand that's some cohones by the head coach, on the other hand they could be in control of their own division title chances and playoff seeding destiny by playing for the tie and taking their chances in OT, might have come out with two wins at best.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Probably his best throw of the night.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I think the current top 7 of both conferences would be the most fun teams in the playoffs.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I think this Saints roster is pretty special, but just let down by a lack of QB and perhaps some overall quality at WR. Their D is stacked. Some great players on the o-line. Kamara is Kamara. If they find an elite QB (Rodgers??? Wilson???) they would win it all.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I think this Saints roster is pretty special, but just let down by a lack of QB and perhaps some overall quality at WR. Their D is stacked. Some great players on the o-line. Kamara is Kamara. If they find an elite QB (Rodgers??? Wilson???) they would win it all.
Yeah. Trade for Wilson, draft one of the top WRs in the upcoming draft, and they are looking stacked for the next 2-4 seasons with a lot of elite players in their prime.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I think they’d have been a sneaky good bet for the Superb Owl if they still had Winston. edit: and other injured players on offense

DavelinaJolie

What this Ravens team could have been with both Top 2 CBs, Top 2 RBs, Starting LT, Starting Safety not out for most of the season.

:(

Mike Smalling

Another point from yesterday's game is that it was surely a huge swing in the MVP race. Brady delivered an absolute stinker, while Rodgers seems to be improving. There is usually quite a bit of recency bias in how the award is given, so if Rodgers finishes strong and secures the 1st seed in the NFC, I would say he is the favorite.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Another point from yesterday's game is that it was surely a huge swing in the MVP race. Brady delivered an absolute stinker, while Rodgers seems to be improving. There is usually quite a bit of recency bias in how the award is given, so if Rodgers finishes strong and secures the 1st seed in the NFC, I would say he is the favorite.
Yep.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Brady has 2x Panthers and 1x Jets left.
Rodgers has Cleveland, Vikings and Lions left.

Both are likely to win out imo, especially the Bucs. Brady does have more TDs and a lot more yards tbh, but also more INTs. Rodgers has a better D, Brady has a better ST.

Don't count out Stafford just yet imo, and the J-Train should get some consideration but won't.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Brady has 2x Panthers and 1x Jets left.
Rodgers has Cleveland, Vikings and Lions left.

Both are likely to win out imo, especially the Bucs. Brady does have more TDs and a lot more yards tbh, but also more INTs. Rodgers has a better D, Brady has a better ST.

Don't count out Stafford just yet imo, and the J-Train should get some consideration but won't.
The Packers just lost to the Vikings a few weeks ago, so it won't be an easy game. The Rams on the other hand, have a ridiculously hard schedule the rest of the way.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Fortunately their schedule is not the hardest. Good thing Arians didn't cut AB or else they would be seriously fecked.
I wouldn’t be surprised to hear we are without Evans & Fournette til the playoffs as well. AB will come in very handy these next three games. Thankfully they look rather manageable.

Status
Not open for further replies.