NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Tua has always had a good arm. His problem has been in inability to properly read increasingly complex defenses in the pros.
I wouldn't say he has a great arm personally. His ball placement is excellent yes, but if you have below average arm strength you are severely limiting what your offence can do in the NFL.

Him and Jimmy G are cut from the same cloth in that respect and it's why we'll likely see a similar offence to the one we saw under McDaniel last year.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
The NFL should make the appeal process take a year, let Watson play this year. And then ban him without pay for all of the season after, whilst also requiring the Browns to pay his salary to some charitable cause!

Duafc

Village Lemon
Any Browns fans here? How are the fanbase generally seeing it?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Ban should be forever. The lack of accountability and prosecution for sexual assaults on women, especially by famous men, is a stain. Ban his ass forever.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
In the hypothetical situation (it’s never gonna happen) that he were to get a permanent ban, I assume the Browns don’t have to pay him or suffer the cap hit?

They deserve to take an impact also.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
In the hypothetical situation (it’s never gonna happen) that he were to get a permanent ban, I assume the Browns don’t have to pay him or suffer the cap hit?

Absolutely. Trading for a guy with 20+ allegations of sexual assault is so insane they deserve it all.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
There's an actual NFL game on tonight :cool:

Okay it involves the Jags and it's the HOF game but still, the start of the season is coming close now :drool:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Not to mention the way they structured his contract. Filth.
That’s the most galling part of the deal, and they deserve punishment for it.

Sadly the owners are almost certainly not going to go after one of their own.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

If I remember correctly, the other owners were pissed with the Browns which explains why Goodell would appeal the decision of the independant arbitror. My guess is that the other owners wishes are closer to your hypothetical, not for moral reasons but because the contract is way too rich.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
The new CBA ruling is weird. So an independent disciplinary officer makes a ruling on how long a player should be suspended for, and Goodell can appeal to himself, review and increase or decrease the suspension as he pleases...

Hopefully Watson gets at least the season anyway. I've seen a lot of shit on Twitter in people supporting the decision talking about 'time served' which is dumb, the guy didn't want to play for the Texans last year as it was and he still got paid for the privilege.

Feel like this has been a disastrous move for the Browns from a PR perspective, but then again it wouldn't surprise me if it all blows over by 2023 and they're competing deep in to the play-offs as a result of this acquisition and suddenly nobody cares.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
If I remember correctly, the other owners were pissed with the Browns which explains why Goodell would appeal the decision of the independant arbitror. My guess is that the other owners wishes are closer to your hypothetical, not for moral reasons but because the contract is way too rich.
Interesting, let’s see how things unfold I guess

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Good.

The way they put his contract together specifically to negate the money he'd lose from disciplinary action for sexual misconduct charges was just so fecking transparent and disgusting even by NFL standards.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

This is why no one likes you, Bill.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Also I hate Denver for this.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
A lot of people have found pathways to mental health via psychadelics and it merits further research, but that’s a story for another thread…

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
A lot of people have found pathways to mental health via psychadelics and it merits further research, but that’s a story for another thread…
Absolutely it does, especially for PTSD and end of life peace of mind. Usona (https://www.usonainstitute.org/) is based in Madison (where we used to live) and has as it's mission to fund and conduct research in these areas. There are others out there, but this one was local so I had heard about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.