NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
6 weeks - I thought it was at least 4 :(

Deshaun Watson judgement in the next 3 days I think. 8 games is my guess.

JJ12

Anything less than a full season will be a farce, even that should be considered light.
The NFL wants him done for the year and NFLPA is threatening sewage.

The perverse thing about the owners wanting a year for him is because I think it’s more to the fact Jimmy Haslam gave him that deplorable contract. Rather than the *potential* heinous crime he’s committed.

Hephaestus

Anything less than a full season will be a farce, even that should be considered light.
I'm expecting a lot less after this unfortunately.

Feel like if the NFLPA are arguing for this, they're expecting either no punishment or something disgustingly minor.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It should either be no ban at all or the longest ban in NFL history. By suspending him for something pathetic like 4 games you basically admit that you acknowledge his wrongdoings are proven, but don't estimate them wrong enough to suspend him more than a quarter of one fecking season.

And don't forget that this is coming from the same league who suspended Calvin Ridley indefinitely for at least the 2022 season for betting $1.5k on games in which he didn't even participate. Shameful.

Mike Smalling

It should either be no ban at all or the longest ban in NFL history. By suspending him for something pathetic like 4 games you basically admit that you acknowledge his wrongdoings are proven, but don't estimate them wrong enough to suspend him more than a quarter of one fecking season.

And don't forget that this is coming from the same league who suspended Calvin Ridley indefinitely for at least the 2022 season for betting $1.5k on games in which he didn't even participate. Shameful.
The NFL is all over the place with bans. Get caught on videotape beating your wife = Two games. Maybe take a little air out of the ball = Four games.

Watson needs at least a season for this, if the NFL wants to show that they are in any way serious about sexual misconduct. They have a fantastic product, but they really need to clamp down hard on these kinds of cases.

JJ12

Sue Robinson’s issued ruling is only 6 games

JJ12

The owners have final say though right? They wanted 12 games and a hefty fine.

Doubt it’ll be 12 now but maybe 8/10

Edit: chatting shit I was - looks like it’ll stay at 6

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
that is a hell of a throw to be fair. Be really interesting to see if Tua does finally take the leap
I’d be surprised if we don’t see a noticeable improvement from Tua this year given that he now has both Waddle and Hill to throw to. They’ve also added Mostert and Sony Michel for RB depth.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The owners have final say though right? They wanted 12 games and a hefty fine.

Doubt it’ll be 12 now but maybe 8/10

Edit: chatting shit I was - looks like it’ll stay at 6
Nah you were right. The NFL can appeal to Goodell (edit: or technically it could be a designee but it will surely be him right?) who will then have full discretion to amend the punishment.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Ridiculous. Hope he and the Browns fail miserably.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
6 games is a nothing suspension. Should've been sat for the season.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The only reason this doesn’t get appealed, if that is how it plays out over the next three days, is because the PA has already let it be known they’ll go after the owners (i.e. Snyder) for not receiving fair punishment relative to the players and the latter is afraid of the can of worms that that might open.

Charlie Foley

By my math his first game back is in Baltimore? Day after my wedding too. Can’t believe I’ll be cheering for the Ravens but there we go :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
That’s an absolute travesty of a decision.

As @RobinLFC rightly pointed out earlier, this is saying that they believe there’s merit to the accusations but they don’t consider them as severe as gambling on games you’re not connected to.

Goalfather

This matter only came to a head when Deshaun Watson attempted to leave Houston

None of the women filed a criminal complaint around the time of the alleged incident

Two grand juries in two different counties when provided with all the statements surrounding the alleged incidents failed to find sufficient cause to indict Deshaun Watson

The NFL wants to make a public example of Watson but despite that, a former federal judge only banned him for 6 games

Watson has maintained his innocence throughout and could have quietly settled but he initially chose to fight and only chose to settle because he was going to lose another year of his prime playing the sport he loves.

I long for the day when we will return to treating allegations like allegations

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
This matter only came to a head when Deshaun Watson attempted to leave Houston

None of the women filed a criminal complaint around the time of the alleged incident

Two grand juries in two different counties when provided with all the statements surrounding the alleged incidents failed to find sufficient cause to indict Deshaun Watson

The NFL wants to make a public example of Watson but despite that, a former federal judge only banned him for 6 games

Watson has maintained his innocence throughout and could have quietly settled but he initially chose to fight and only chose to settle because he was going to lose another year of his prime playing the sport he loves.

I long for the day when we will return to treating allegations like allegations
Oh dear.

Status
Not open for further replies.