NFL 2023

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I think Toney can still make it... Was it over when JJettas wasn't even sure of 3rd choice as a rookie? Was it over when Chase couldn't catch in his rookie preseason? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

It was actually totally over for the Germans when they declared war after Pearl Harbor. Maybe before that but it's a long story.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Holy shit, what a statement win by the Lions. Gotta love that one :drool:

Also not sure why the Lions drafted Gibbs 12th overall if this is how they wanna use it. Also, ARSB is the confirmed Sun God and should receive at least 20 targets per game if you look at how Reynolds, Jones and Raymond played.

Last edited:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Toney was so bad man.

So was Skyy Moore, who I thought was going to kick on this year. Slow start, indeed.

Rashee Rice had a nice debut I thought.

JJ12

Holy shit, what a statement win by the Lions. Gotta love that one :drool:

Also not sure why the Lions drafted Gibbs 12th overall if this is how they wanna use it. Also, ARSB is the confirmed Sun God and should receive at least 20 targets per game if you look at how Reynolds, Jones and Raymond played.
It is the first game away to Kansas City to be fair. I think his role is likely develop as the weeks go on.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Doesn't look like there's an option to download either the full game or the game in 40 this morning, on the Android app at least.
Neither on iPhone @rpitroda, unfortunately.

Must say that it's easy to switch between highlights/Game in 40/full game on the app and the quality is like it used to be (or at least I didn't even notice it if it's worse). Only thing that bugs me is that, on the site, they put the box score next to the Game in 40 frame so if you don't consciously avoid looking at the right side of your screen, you immediately know the stats, which sucks for your game experience.

Last edited:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
And the QB gets stuck with those pick-six stats, nonsense. Think Dak had a couple like that last year.

Get Up! posted a stat that Mahomes has three career pick-sixes of which two came off drops.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Still not sure whether he's actually a good/great HC or not but boy is he likeable.

JJ12

Still not sure whether he's actually a good/great HC or not but boy is he likeable.
He must have something about him in terms of X’s and O’s but I can imagine him being an elite motivator and ‘man manager’

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

Incredibly likeable. Until I saw Hard Knocks last year, I though he would be an old-school drill sergeant type of coach, but he just comes across like a genuinely good guy. Same for Robert Saleh at the Jets, I really want him to do well this year, but that also means Aaron Rodgers doing well too, and we can't have that.

Quite a lot of likeable HCs in the league right now actually, particularly some of the younger guys, who look kinda dorky and not at all like head coaches (McDaniel, LaFleur, Sirianni).

I am so pumped for Sunday. I think I've got more snacks and beer at the ready than I did for the Super Bowl.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

Strikes me as a 'dude' that could succeed with good luck at offensive coordinator which he currently has, but will surely be up in the air next season.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Kadarius Toney carried on where he left off after the game by dropping his twitter account.

Charlie Foley

Incredibly likeable. Until I saw Hard Knocks last year, I though he would be an old-school drill sergeant type of coach, but he just comes across like a genuinely good guy. Same for Robert Saleh at the Jets, I really want him to do well this year, but that also means Aaron Rodgers doing well too, and we can't have that.

Quite a lot of likeable HCs in the league right now actually, particularly some of the younger guys, who look kinda dorky and not at all like head coaches (McDaniel, LaFleur, Sirianni).

I am so pumped for Sunday. I think I've got more snacks and beer at the ready than I did for the Super Bowl.
The ol Shanahan coaching tree :lol:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Clyde Edwards-Helaire ladies and gents.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports

Also, this was the 4th and 25 attempt right at the end after that heinous drop from Toney that would have put us in FG range when we were behind by one point. Reminds me of the Bucs Super Bowl with Mahomes making some legendary plays just for our receiver's to drop them like Skyy Moore did just then.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Nice to see the redcafe NFL experts all missed on the Lions week 1

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
From another thread but it's more relevant in here:

Was waiting to see who would pick Cardinals. Surely they won't be as bad as the whole football community is expecting them to be
It looks to many that they are planning to tank from week 1. In my 5 years of watching the NFL I don't think I've seen any team do that. Anyone else know when the last time a team tanked from the get go?

Sandyman

It looks to many that they are planning to tank from week 1. In my 5 years of watching the NFL I don't think I've seen any team do that. Anyone else know when the last time a team tanked from the get go?
Dolphins? Flores revealed that they offered him money for every loss or something like that?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Dolphins? Flores revealed that they offered him money for every loss or something like that?
I was under the impression he was allegedly offered money to tank towards the end of the season, rather than tanking from the get go.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

There was quite a kerfuffle kicked up by the 1985 Bucs who went 2-14 & positioned ourselves to sign Bo Jackson out of Auburn. We totally shit the bed in our recruiting of Bo which made him despise us & candidly say that if the Bucs drafted him, he would immediately sign with the Kansas City Royals who drafted him in the fourth round.

But some say that we were just that bad a football team. I say it's definitely a combination.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Christian Watson out. Yet another talented WR who just can’t stay healthy.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
On the heels of Joe Cool 2.0's deal, it sounds like Cincy won't pay up for the threesome after all...

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Managed to get tickets for the Patriots game tomorrow (and it seems there will be a Brady presentation so that’s cool)

And then also got a ticket for the Bills Jets on Monday.

Pretty excited. Not been to Gillette. Imagine it’s a pretty bog standard stadium but will be nice to see Patriots live at home. Been to MetLife a few times, and seen the Pats there before, but never seen a prime time game so that’ll be cool

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Managed to get tickets for the Patriots game tomorrow (and it seems there will be a Brady presentation so that’s cool)

And then also got a ticket for the Bills Jets on Monday.

Pretty excited. Not been to Gillette. Imagine it’s a pretty bog standard stadium but will be nice to see Patriots live at home. Been to MetLife a few times, and seen the Pats there before, but never seen a prime time game so that’ll be cool
That Bills v. Jets game could be quite good.

Last edited: