NFL 2023

Dan_F

Not yet. They tend to release Spurs a bit later.
Typical. Taking a risk of missing out altogether if I don’t get Wembley ones then.

Are they difficult to get? Saw loads of people complaining about it but I thought the Wembley ones (once they actually managed to get the day right) were fine.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Typical. Taking a risk of missing out altogether if I don’t get Wembley ones then.

Are they difficult to get? Saw loads of people complaining about it but I thought the Wembley ones (once they actually managed to get the day right) were fine.
I’m not sure tbh .. I got Spurs tickets the first year they started there in early access because I have a Wembley season ticket for the NFL games (there was more than 1 back then) and so for me it’s stress free now because I just renew my Wembley and Spurs tickets each year in priority.

But I do believe it is harder to get single game Spurs tickets. Having said that I imagine it wouldn’t be too difficult to buy on resale, perhaps with some premium, if you do miss out.

Dan_F

I’m not sure tbh .. I got Spurs tickets the first year they started there in early access because I have a Wembley season ticket for the NFL games (there was more than 1 back then) and so for me it’s stress free now because I just renew my Wembley and Spurs tickets each year in priority.

But I do believe it is harder to get single game Spurs tickets. Having said that I imagine it wouldn’t be too difficult to buy on resale, perhaps with some premium, if you do miss out.
Okay thanks. I’ll probably leave the Wembley ones then. I seem to remember they were on sale for quite a while, as long as you didn’t mind being higher up.

Would definitely appreciate a tag if anyone hears anything. I am signed up to ticket alerts but don’t check this thread regularly at the moment.

Dan_F

The way they do these London tickets is pretty shit for people that live far from London. I can buy a ticket now for the Wembley game but have no idea when we’re even going to know about tickets for the following game.

I’m sure it’s planned that way as the first game is probably the least desirable one.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
This is bullshit. 6 games in a row?? All coming at the end of the season.

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/betting/2023-teams-hurt-helped-nfl-schedule/#Chiefs
I find the over-analysis regarding scheduling to be a bit tedious to be honest. If we insist on ranking this sort of thing and coming up with more daft metrics like 'net-rest' there's always going to be somebody who looks like they're getting screwed over.

Some of this is really arbitrary as well,. I mean complaining about having '7 days less rest' because you're playing somebody coming off a bye week, come on. :lol:

I mean ultimately what is this down to, it's because the Chiefs are put in the most coveted TV slots, a symptom of being the best team in football and having an ATG quarterback that everyone wants to watch... forgive me if I have little sympathy!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Schedule analysis is peak “it’s off-season and we need to fill our column inches and air time”.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Schedule analysis is peak “it’s off-season and we need to fill our column inches and air time”.
And I get why the media and the NFL try to fill that void. I just don’t get how fans actually care about it.

Dan_F

Managed to get tickets for the Bills v Jags game at the Spurs stadium yesterday. Very much looking forward to it as they're expected to be two top class teams this year
Argh. How? Was there many tickets left?

Dan_F

Ah well, I bought tickets for the Wembley game just in case I don’t get the Bills one. Worst case I get two games and a bigger hole in my bank account :lol:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I find the over-analysis regarding scheduling to be a bit tedious to be honest. If we insist on ranking this sort of thing and coming up with more daft metrics like 'net-rest' there's always going to be somebody who looks like they're getting screwed over.

Some of this is really arbitrary as well,. I mean complaining about having '7 days less rest' because you're playing somebody coming off a bye week, come on. :lol:

I mean ultimately what is this down to, it's because the Chiefs are put in the most coveted TV slots, a symptom of being the best team in football and having an ATG quarterback that everyone wants to watch... forgive me if I have little sympathy!
Every team has 17 games. They plan out the schedule for months. It's fecking dumb that a team can have 6 straight fixtures (in the final stretch too) with less time to prepare/recover than their opposition. It's the first time that's ever happened.

whitbyviking

Every team has 17 games. They plan out the schedule for months. It's fecking dumb that a team can have 6 straight fixtures (in the final stretch too) with less time to prepare/recover than their opposition. It's the first time that's ever happened.
Not sure why you’re complaining, the Niners have the worst schedule:nono::D

RoadTrip

So you can call a fair catch anywhere inside the 25 yard line and it’ll get spotted at the 25 yard line? So basically laying a kick off to around the 2Y line for example is now pointless because it’ll get spotted at 25Y if the person catches it fair catch anyway? I mean I don’t think it changes too much tbh.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
So you can call a fair catch anywhere inside the 25 yard line and it’ll get spotted at the 25 yard line? So basically laying a kick off to around the 2Y line for example is now pointless because it’ll get spotted at 25Y if the person catches it fair catch anyway? I mean I don’t think it changes too much tbh.
Yep, just like college.

Owners will say it's for safety (& maximizing investment $ in players). Haven't heard for what reason(s) ST coaches & players are against it. It does reduce excitement levels somewhat.

RoadTrip

Yep, just like college.

Owners will say it's for safety (& maximizing investment $ in players). Haven't heard for what reason(s) ST coaches & players are against it. It does reduce excitement levels somewhat.
I might analysing wrong, but to me, it doesn’t change too much. Some teams are aggressive and will run it out in the end zone or not. Others will look for the fair catch. Frankly any kick off that is shorter than the 5Y line will still be run back. Anything longer into the end zone typically ends in a fair catch. It’s really that handful of kicks which teams try to get a returner in two minds around the 1-4Y line which may end in fair catches to the 25Y line, but a lot of returners will still go for it I feel.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I might analysing wrong, but to me, it doesn’t change too much. Some teams are aggressive and will run it out in the end zone or not. Others will look for the fair catch. Frankly any kick off that is shorter than the 5Y line will still be run back. Anything longer into the end zone typically ends in a fair catch. It’s really that handful of kicks which teams try to get a returner in two minds around the 1-4Y line which may end in fair catches to the 25Y line, but a lot of returners will still go for it I feel.
Hope so. I totally understand the safety aspect of this rule, but as a consumer I enjoy the KO return.

Probably because I am anxiously awaiting our second ever KO return for a touchdown after Spurlock popped our cherry in the late 00s.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He’s such a prick, too busy laughing to himself at a juvenile dig to notice he’s also laughing at the fact that he tore the Raiders away from their community and their own fans have to travel out of state for games now.

whitbyviking

All that money and he’s sporting that hairstyle. Looks like an extra from Dumb and Dumber.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
If you were Caleb Williams would you sit out this season of college football? He's basically a guarantee to go #1 overall now so why risk getting an injury or your stock going down by having a number of poor performances.