g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

NFL Thread 2019

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Fingers crossed, you have quite the track record after yesterday :lol:. The fact that it would be our job to keep the fecking Titans out of the SB if we win tonight makes me even stress more! Both us and the Chiefs have very mediocre run defenses though, Henry will be having a field day.

I'm mildly optimistic about tonight. We will probably come out pretty flat and it'll take us a while to figure things out like always, hopefully Watson has enough magic and our O-line kinda keeps up against the pass rush. Hopefully Jones doesn't play.

Chiefs -1.5 in Q1 is a very good bet by the way.
I know I can’t be taken seriously now after my horror show of predictions but the problem here is Watson has a counterpart just as capable of magic. Chiefs D is much better than where it was last time.

But it’s the playoffs. Anyone clearly has a chance. Will the Chiefs be rusty like the Ravens or come out firing like the 49ers. What plan you have to utilise Johnson and Hyde will have a big impact IMO on the outcome.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It would be pretty awesome if the Texans can pull off a shock tonight and we have a Texans vs Oilers Championship game.

Andrew~

This was a huge huge result for the Ravens. With how they capitulated vs the Chargers last year, with this result there’s a real risk that Jackson and this iteration of the Ravens may become perennial bottlers in the post season.
San Francisco under the other Harbaugh were the same (albeit they made it to an SB an choked). Similar offensive scheme, similar style of QB, similar results?

DavelinaJolie

From another forum:

I looked on PFR for QBs who did not win a playoff game in their first two seasons. As you might expect, these QBs pretty much never turn out to be worth anything. Here's a sampling of some random names:

Player1stYear1stWinAgeAtWin
Fran Tarkenton
1961​
1973​
33​
Steve Young
1985​
1992​
31​
Dan Fouts
1973​
1980​
29​
Snake Stabler
1968​
1973​
28​
Peyton Manning
1998​
2003​
27​
Drew Brees
2001​
2006​
27​
Aaron Rodgers
2005​
2010​
27​
Bob Griese
1967​
1971​
26​
Warren Moon
1984*​
1987​
31​
John Elway
1983​
1986​
26​
Troy Aikman
1989​
1992​
26​
John Unitas
1955​
1958​
25​
Roger Staubach
1969​
1971​
29​
Jim Kelly
1986​
1988*​
28​
Joe Montana
1979​
1981​
25​
Terry Bradshaw
1970​
1972​
24​
Brett Favre
1991​
1993​
24​
Doesn't mean anything at this point tbh. Plenty of blame to go around for the loss, Roman's playcalling, Lamar's mistakes, Receivers dropping catchable balls, OL not playing like they have all season, LBs getting blown off the ball, Harbaugh making some questionable decisions.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Eeeeeh...a big chunk of the yardage came on a couple Lamar scrambles, and in general the rushing game only started to work after they were down big - and gashing the titans in the air -

Titans effectively nullified the ravens offence and forced them into playing more like a normal modern pass-first offence, which highlighted the ravens weakest link, their mediocre receiving corps, who imho cost them the game

Lamar was great at moving the ball but made too many mistakes at key moments and with the rushing game only working when the titans were focused on stopping the pass, their red zone offence was garbage

All in all, titans won the game by making all the big plays while getting generally outplayed the rest if the time

Oh, and Henry is single-handedly bringing old school footbaw back :lol:
In general. Not this last game, although credit to the Titans for their defensive schemes.

lsd

The Oracle
So the Titans running back threw more touchdown passes than Lamar Jackson

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
From another forum:

Doesn't mean anything at this point tbh. Plenty of blame to go around for the loss, Roman's playcalling, Lamar's mistakes, Receivers dropping catchable balls, OL not playing like they have all season, LBs getting blown off the ball, Harbaugh making some questionable decisions.
Yeah, hard to infer much without knowing who they played, how good their teams were, how good their opposition was, were they favourites .. etc. All I know is the Ravens choked yesterday in a game they were comfortably favourites in. Just looking at the Ravens alone, the loss this year for example is much different to the loss last year to the chargers where Lamar was still finding the ropes, team wasn’t as good etc.

Lamar was excellent this year and it should be forgotten. As were the Ravens overall. Whether they live to that potential going forward or if they get caught in the trap of choking in the post season, as plenty of talented teams and players have, who knows. With what Lamar has done this year, and the fact he’s so young and still learning, I’m sure the Ravens will come back strong. Way to early to label them either way.

lsd

The Oracle
I was never convinced by the Ravens all season and felt they were over achieving.

I've always felt i felt the NFC would have the winning team the Superbowl and nothing has made me change my mind watching the play offs

Henry is incredible though

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Who, Jimmy G? Jimmy G is the somewhat cool version of Kirk Cousins

I'd take Kaep, thank you very much
Jimmy G is a better passer and a non-existent runner. Kap's passing is mediocre and running is great. Kap leading the niners to the Super Bowl aside, I would probably go with Jimmy G in the present.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Wow, really?

Whatever tickles your pickle.
Jimmy G is a better passer and a non-existent runner. Kap's passing is mediocre and running is great. Kap leading the niners to the Super Bowl aside, I would probably go with Jimmy G in the present.
Kaep at his best is about as good a passer and a much better runner and player imho

Garoppolo is a good QB but that's it. He's literally Kirk Cousins's twin

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Kaep at his best is about as good a passer and a much better runner and player imho

Garoppolo is a good QB but that's it. He's literally Kirk Cousins's twin
Look at their career ratings. Jimmy G is significantly more accurate and has a 12 point ratings advantage over Kaep. That's not to say there's a massive difference between the two in terms of effectiveness, just that you're probably underrating Jimmy G a bit.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Cousins is an average QB, you can't count on him if you want to be successful, he won't be the reason you lose and won't be the reason you win either.

drdoityourself

Stefanski hired as Browns coach. Has one season experience as a playcaller and coordinator.
Thought they´d value a bit more experience after the Kitchens' fiasco. But I'm getting the hang of it, the Browns never learn.

Hope it works out but I really thought they would get in someone who is a bit more known quantity.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Stefanski hired as Browns coach. Has one season experience as a playcaller and coordinator.
Thought they´d value a bit more experience after the Kitchens' fiasco. But I'm getting the hang of it, the Browns never learn.

Hope it works out but I really thought they would get in someone who is a bit more known quantity.
Well that's... underwhelming.

There were bigger names out there that would've been perfect for the Browns, but it seems as though they weren't too interested in joining this circus despite the talent.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I was never convinced by the Ravens all season and felt they were over achieving.

I've always felt i felt the NFC would have the winning team the Superbowl and nothing has made me change my mind watching the play offs

Did you say this earlier in the season?

DavelinaJolie

There was an element of overachieving, a few things went their way and the league wasn't ready for them (not just Lamar, but the coaching approach). Next year will likely be less spectacular, I expect more of a grind, but I think the cracks were exposed last night (lack of a good complimentary WR to go with Hollywood, ILBs, Passrush, Interior OL). They need to work on those hard in the off-season to get back.

Last night they got away from the RBs and shouldn't have pushed Ingram. Gus getting three carries is criminal.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
How comes Houston out of interest? Cos Chiefs in your div?

I’d be cool with either of these guys making it. A divisional conference game though would add a v interesting dynamic though
Yea as a Broncos fan I don’t want the Chiefs winning. Also I lived in Houston briefly as a kid and have a bit of a soft spot for the Texans.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The perfect start for Houston.

Romo is so good.