NFL Thread 2019

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Loved that game! Fantastic performance from the entire team - absolutely dominant!

And so happy to see no injuries picked up!

Sylar

You mean it’s better for the Packers to play home vs Vikings than away vs 49ers?

or that packers at home vs Vikings have a better shot of beating Vikings, than 49ers do at home vs Vikings?
Former ha
But moot anyway now

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It'd be a big surprise if either the Packers or Seahawks go to San Francisco and march out with a W for me.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
As someone who is an NFL noob, is what Jackson doing this season unique or have there been plenty of other QBs in history that run with the ball as well as him?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
As someone who is an NFL noob, is what Jackson doing this season unique or have there been plenty of other QBs in history that run with the ball as well as him?
Randall Cunningham was a good running QB.

I'm no expert (watch from UK) but the difference I see is Jackson runs like an actual running back, as opposed to a QB who runs (if that makes sense)

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Michael Vick ran with the ball too. Cam Newton as well?

My knowledge ain't great though. 90% of it is from Madden.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Randall Cunningham was a good running QB.

I'm no expert (watch from UK) but the difference I see is Jackson runs like an actual running back, as opposed to a QB who runs (if that makes sense)
Makes sense. I've been thinking that all season but have no idea if it's something that has happened historically.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Dare I say it...this game is going to be far closer than we originally thought?

mav_9me

That was an amazing play call I thought for the touchdown I should add.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Somewhat unique in how good he is but moreso in how centered the offense is around it.

Not unique to the game in general it you take College Football into account.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Not unique to the game in general it you take College Football into account.
As in there are QBs in college footie who are rush centric but don't make it in the NFL or the QBs (who eventually turn out for the NFL) could rush because the college defenses are far worse?

Sylar

Kap was a QB who ran. He did Packers a few times with this and we had no answers. Even clay Matthews at the time was done by him - always those damn third downs which we couldn't stop

Titans are doing much better than I thought they would

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
As in there are QBs in college footie who are rush centric but don't make it in the NFL or the QBs (who eventually turn out for the NFL) could rush because the college defenses are far worse?
Both. The NFL has traditionally been slow to adopt college concepts like running QBs or the spread. But especially running QBs because you only have so many that you can keep on your roster that are also elite passers and there is a constant fear of them getting hurt.

Moreso in past years when they were less protected.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Both. The NFL has traditionally been slow to adopt college concepts like running QBs or the spread. But especially running QBs because you only have so many that you can keep on your roster that are also elite passers and there is a constant fear of them getting hurt.

Moreso in past years when they were less protected.
Never considered the injury aspect. Makes sense now.