NHL 2009-10 Season

Alex

One of the best wrist shots I have ever seen. One of the classiest players I have ever seen.

Iron Stove

Couple of recent signings not mentioned in the thread yet.

Kovalev went to Ottawa, I thought he resigned with the Habs?

Beauchemin to the Leafs. Very good d-man imo.

Gustavsson finally went to Toronto as expected.

Saku Koivu has gone to Anaheim on a one year deal. Koivu - Selänne on the same line probably, that's pretty cool.

Can't believe how long it still is until the season starts. No football or hockey for so long..

AhmedDimwitson

The Expert
Nice move by Saku - he sadly left Montreal 5 years too late, can't believe he stayed so long with that team. Anaheim has some decent reinforcements now - but the D does not seem that good. I am suprised by the lack of signings by Sharks - hopefully they will get some good ones. At this rate Anaheim / Vancouver look stronger here in the west wheras Sharks are still pretty much the same.

Will certainely miss the NHL now that my session here in the States is ending. Good thing is that I get time to focus on the fantasy league instead that I sadly did not have last year :)

mboRa ndomHer0723

Dale Tallon was fired by the Hawks and it seems to have pissed off a bunch of people here in Chicago. I think that it will not cause to much of a change

Iron Stove

Was a bit surprising since the team he assembled surprisingly went to the Conference Finals which is quite a feat for such a young team.

Some of those contracts though..

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Met Sidney Crosby today, had a 5 minute chat about things and he invited me by his friends place tommorow to play some poker.

I accepted, but mentioned i'd be wearing Montreal Canadiens gear just to piss him off.

He replies "Naw man, i'd love to be a Hab one day"

:drool:

Iron Stove

Wow, really? Good luck in that poker game. Hope you take all his money ;)

Nice bump btw. This thread needs to be kept alive.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
:lol: what an idiot.

That Rookie contract must have been spent quick :lol:

"Do you know who I am !?"

I guess the guy is a real cnut though

Iron Stove

And over 20 cent! Cheap fecker.

Did you see the interview with the cabbie? He had scratch marks on his face and came off as a decent normal old man, but you never know I guess.

If things really are as bad as they seem I've lost all the respect I had for Patrick Kane after this. What a twat.

mboRa ndomHer0723

Now the cabbie is telling a different story, I wonder if he will be receiving some $$ from Mr. Kane. Supposedly Kane is a big fan of the night life around town but I have never heard anything bad about him. He always comes across as a shy kid. That being said it was stupid what he did, really stupid but I am sure most people have done something around the age of 20-23 that they are not really proud of. Alcohol makes you do dumb things every now and then. Also, I don't think I heard anything about him being drunk but I am not sure. It would seem that he had to be drunk to get that pissed about $0.20

Edit: Looks like the cab driver does not even have a valid license

Iron Stove

It's pretty hard to tell what really went down, but I find it hard to believe that Kane was completely innocent in all of this (like his lawyer claims). The cabdriver does seem a bit seedy admittedly. Driving without a licence and having been convicted for drunk driving twice.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
PS Poker game at the Crosby parents residence was a treat, Maxime Talbot was also there, I finished 5th, actually took Talbot out with K-Q against his Aces (3 of a kind queens), so I have a new claim to fame.

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo
Now the cabbie is telling a different story, I wonder if he will be receiving some $$ from Mr. Kane. Supposedly Kane is a big fan of the night life around town but I have never heard anything bad about him. He always comes across as a shy kid. That being said it was stupid what he did, really stupid but I am sure most people have done something around the age of 20-23 that they are not really proud of. Alcohol makes you do dumb things every now and then. Also, I don't think I heard anything about him being drunk but I am not sure. It would seem that he had to be drunk to get that pissed about $0.20

Edit: Looks like the cab driver does not even have a valid license
ha ha twas was highly informative

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo
It's pretty hard to tell what really went down, but I find it hard to believe that Kane was completely innocent in all of this (like his lawyer claims). The cabdriver does seem a bit seedy admittedly. Driving without a licence and having been convicted for drunk driving twice.
Where does the WWE guy along a drunken cabbie fit in? Have they relaxed the rules and made the sport less gayer.

Iron Stove

Toronto now has a great D and I believe will have a great goalie too. Gustavsson was ridiculously good in Sweden last year, in a way no goalkeeper has been for years. If he manages to handle the pressure in a big market like Toronto and doesn't get a shitty start I believe he'll be a great goalie for Toronto. I really like what Burke is doing there, but with that group of forwards I don't think they'll make the playoffs next year.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Toronto now has a great D and I believe will have a great goalie too. Gustavsson was ridiculously good in Sweden last year, in a way no goalkeeper has been for years. If he manages to handle the pressure in a big market like Toronto and doesn't get a shitty start I believe he'll be a great goalie for Toronto. I really like what Burke is doing there, but with that group of forwards I don't think they'll make the playoffs next year.
Don't forget MacDonald now, the kid had a GREAT season last year and could also be a cornerstone to the Leafs future of Goose is no good.

I wouldn't be shocked if Burke decides to intervene in the coaching and give them a even split in games to decide who gets the job long-term, given the contracts both players have it only makes sense.

If i'm a leafs fan I have alot of faith in the direction this organization is in ALREADY in the span on a few months, alot of good, beneficial moves and alot of interesting decisions have Toronto hockey fans happy again... even a playoffless year can't be looked at like a failure, because there's proper pieces in place to make them a *gulp* contender in a few seasons.

Iron Stove

If i'm a leafs fan I have alot of faith in the direction this organization is in ALREADY in the span on a few months, alot of good, beneficial moves and alot of interesting decisions have Toronto hockey fans happy again... even a playoffless year can't be looked at like a failure, because there's proper pieces in place to make them a *gulp* contender in a few seasons.
Yeah you really get the feeling that they are going places.

What do you think about what Gainey is doing in Montreal? The team has a whole new look from last year. Koivu, Komisarek, Tanguay etc all gone.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Yeah you really get the feeling that they are going places.

What do you think about what Gainey is doing in Montreal? The team has a whole new look from last year. Koivu, Komisarek, Tanguay etc all gone.
Dont forget that Kovalev fella too ;)

I dunno, this is either an experiment that pays off in the form of a Cup run over the next few years, or fails royally and forever tarnishes Gaineys reputation that is already on the cusp of epic fail.

I give this 2 years.

Iron Stove

Yeah Kovalev too. He's like the hockey version of Berbatov isn't he. Only lazier. Sick sick hands though.

I'm curious about Ottawa next year and the Heatley situation in particular. With Heatley they have an amazing group of forwards, but there will obviously be some friction in the team. Their captain Alfredsson said in a Swedish interview he's been trying to reach him all summer, but that he isn't responding. That's pretty twatish behaviour isn't it? And yesterday he holds a press conference where he claims to be a "team player" yet he says he wants a trade since he can't accept that his role on the team has been diminished :lol: And this is the second time he demands a trade from a team. Seriously, I've lost all the respect I had for him.

For Ottawa though, the whole thing is a bad situation since every team know that they want to get rid of him and they'll probably not get real market value in a trade.

We'll see about Montreal, they've added some good players but it doesn't look like Gainey really has improved the roster to me. I think Price could have a breakout year though. That kid is seriously talented.

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
"In the offseason, my mustache drives the Fir
Don't forget MacDonald now, the kid had a GREAT season last year and could also be a cornerstone to the Leafs future of Goose is no good.

I wouldn't be shocked if Burke decides to intervene in the coaching and give them a even split in games to decide who gets the job long-term, given the contracts both players have it only makes sense.

I pretty confident that Burke has fixed two of the main problems the team had the last few years, the goaltending and the defence. The forwards, as anonymous as they are, still helped the team to post the 10th most goals in the league last year. Tightening up the backend will pay dividends this year. I'm pretty confident that they will make the playoffs this year as the 6th, 7th, or 8th seed.

Iron Stove

As the season is still far from underway I thought I'd post some hockey clips to ease the abstinence. Post your favourites too if you like.

Peter Forsberg #21 Tribute Video Great new compilation of my all-time favourite player. Had a great career but could have gone down as one of the best ever. Don't think we'll ever see a Swede this talented again.

Pavel Datsyuk top 10 This guy can dangle a bit.

Al McInnis highlights This guy could shoot a bit.

Ilya Kovalchuk Tribute As good as Crosby/Ovechkin/Malkin imo

Kopr saves!! :lol:

SFGD Atmosphere at last years premier game for my local SEL team DIF here in Stockholm. It's the teams "hymn". Gives me goosebumps every time.

Ruutu trips Phaneuf Never gets old :lol:

Mario Lemieux top 10 Best player of all-time

Sweden-Finland QF game World Championships 2003 Epic sports moment. Given the rivalry between Swe-Fin this comeback is legendary over here. Forsbergs equalizer is just ridiculous. The fact that the game was played in Finland just makes it sweeter :D

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Awesome post IS

I pretty confident that Burke has fixed two of the main problems the team had the last few years, the goaltending and the defence. The forwards, as anonymous as they are, still helped the team to post the 10th most goals in the league last year. Tightening up the backend will pay dividends this year. I'm pretty confident that they will make the playoffs this year as the 6th, 7th, or 8th seed.
You know, I think that entire division is gonna be in the playoffs next year, no exaggeration, it'll be much like the Atlantic was last season

Iron Stove

Heatley saga finally over.

Heatley and a 5th to San Jose for Michalek and Cheechoo + a second rounder.

Tribec

Heatley saga finally over.

Heatley and a 5th to San Jose for Michalek and Cheechoo + a second rounder.
I think it's a decent deal for both sides isn't it. I've been talking to a few other Oilers, and they are all eager for the next Sharks visit to Rexall Place, as Heatley is going to get a really nice welcome.

Iron Stove

I think it's a decent deal for both sides isn't it. I've been talking to a few other Oilers, and they are all eager for the next Sharks visit to Rexall Place, as Heatley is going to get a really nice welcome.
Yeah, I think both teams needed a change after last year. I like what I've seen from Michalek and Cheechoo was great a couple of years ago and is actually still quite young. I don't think anyone was prepared to offer anything more for Heatley given the cap hit and the baggage. And every team in the NHL knew Ottawa were desperate to get rid of him.

San José will have a great first and PP line next year. Thornton and Heatley sounds like a match made in heaven. And then they have other great offensive players like Marleau and Boyle too.

I can see why Edmonton fans would be upset since he refused that trade.

nyrfan818

Thornton and Heatley together should be absurd. Perhaps a bit early to predict, but I could see one of those two ending up MVP.

Oh, and Cheechoo is significantly overrated. Good deal for the Sharks.

gbgary

the great Fred Cusick passed away yesterday at the age of 90. he was the Bruins' play-by-play announcer for 45 years. it's the only voice i remember for them, other than color guys, until his retirement a few years ago. he'll be missed.