NHL 2023/2024

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I like Bergy, I'm glad to see a change but I'm gonna miss him.
I personally liked him, but I found him to be an erratic and unpredictable GM. I'll miss him but I'm pleased we can move on from him.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Leafs just keep on chugging on

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Benning and Green are gone then...that Pens game was pure rotten.

The 5 on 3 may have turned the game to a degree but we were getting overrun regardless.

Not seen the game from this morning yet.

JJ12

Have the islanders still not won at their new barn? :lol:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Is that Fahrenheit then? Cause that's pretty standard in Celsius. Huge cold snap west of Ontario over here as well.

Edit: I should have read the article, pretty obvious it's Fahrenheit. That's 'only' about -24°C though. Yes that's cold, but I'm surprised it's the coldest in history. Even in my relatively short time in Finland, I attended a winter classic at -20°C, and it doesn usually get that cold in Helsinki. I didn't have the proper clothes and didn't last the full match, but others did and it wasn't newsworthy. Could be a coincidence of course, but I'd have expected the NHL to have experienced worse.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Is that Fahrenheit then? Cause that's pretty standard in Celsius. Huge cold snap west of Ontario over here as well.

Edit: I should have read the article, pretty obvious it's Fahrenheit. That's 'only' about -24°C though. Yes that's cold, but I'm surprised it's the coldest in history. Even in my relatively short time in Finland, I attended a winter classic at -20°C, and it doesn usually get that cold in Helsinki. I didn't have the proper clothes and didn't last the full match, but others did and it wasn't newsworthy. Could be a coincidence of course, but I'd have expected the NHL to have experienced worse.
Fahrenheit. Which is cold for such a game here. The high won’t even reach zero.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
This is impressive…

Nice. :D

I wonder how many takes it took to get this all done in one smooth flight (apart from the one guy ducking away I guess). Drone footage is awesome.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
New GM announced and we're already battering teams. The Habs are on the come up again. Allez Montreal.

Big fan of Montembeault just taking a nap to stop the puck from crossing the goal line. Humongous night for him.

londonredmaniac

Any thoughts about trades ladies and gents?

Saw Kane ended up at Edmonton and started well. If that lasts or not...guess we shall see.

Halak to Pens sounding possible. JT Miller to NYR another that's getting alot of traction from Vancouver standpoint.

What's happening in your circles?

londonredmaniac

New GM announced and we're already battering teams. The Habs are on the come up again. Allez Montreal.

Big fan of Montembeault just taking a nap to stop the puck from crossing the goal line. Humongous night for him.
Taking the Avs and Vegas to OT is nothing to be sniffed at...

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Taking the Avs and Vegas to OT is nothing to be sniffed at...
We sold our souls for that magical playoff run last season and we're paying for it now. New GM though, a host of superb young talent on the books. I'm hopeful about the direction the organisation is going in.

londonredmaniac

We sold our souls for that magical playoff run last season and we're paying for it now. New GM though, a host of superb young talent on the books. I'm hopeful about the direction the organisation is going in.
Was that in terms of trades and salary cap?

JJ12

Leafs looking formidable

sidsutton

We changed the GM not that long ago, and the coach was sacked today.

Yeah I know, I live here mate. He was not good and reading between the lines the players didn't rate him. That being said, downing tools the way some of the players have (yes, Petry, looking at you) is unacceptable. Until Price's future is sorted, the team will be in limbo.

I have no idea who the new coach will be, Richardson and Burrows as interim is just as uninspiring. Should give it to Patrick Roy for shits and giggles.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah I know, I live here mate. He was not good and reading between the lines the players didn't rate him. That being said, downing tools the way some of the players have (yes, Petry, looking at you) is unacceptable. Until Price's future is sorted, the team will be in limbo.

I have no idea who the new coach will be, Richardson and Burrows as interim is just as uninspiring. Should give it to Patrick Roy for shits and giggles.
Oh, had no idea, my bad :)

The season is a write-off. They're just playing for pride at this point, but they're not even doing that. I can accept tanking once the season's objectives can no longer be reached but getting blown out every game is crap and the club has to at least pretend they have standards to uphold. With the GM and now coach gone in the space of a couple of weeks, it looks like the deck is being cleared.

RedDevilQuebecois

Martin St Louis getting lots of traction
He got confirmed as an interim.

I wish him the best of luck as a Habs fan myself, but, holy moly, that nomination has to be the most random thing I'ver seen in this league considering his current coaching credentials.

massi83

Sad day as Tuukka Rask has to retire. 3rd in all-time save percentage in reg season with 92,1% (and even better in playoff 92,5%!), was number 1 before the hip problems that started last year. Very underrated player in NHL and especially in Boston.

Playoff series against Pens in 2013 Conference Finals is one of the best playoff series in NHL history, from any goalie or skater.

What a career! And great guy who always speaks his mind and doesn't just spout boring cliches.

Kiitos Tuukka!

massi83

This Montreal team doesn't look too good. I wonder if anyone could have seen it already last year?

RedDevilQuebecois

This Montreal team doesn't look too good. I wonder if anyone could have seen it already last year?
With so many depatures, untimely injuries and slumps, the risk that things would get bad was always there. This season only shows how the previous GM grossly mismanaged a lot of things for years despite a Cinderella run.

massi83

With so many depatures, untimely injuries and slumps, the risk that things would get bad was always there. This season only shows how the previous GM grossly mismanaged a lot of things for years despite a Cinderella run.
They were a bad team already last season and season before. Only in the playoffs because of covid.

It is actually pretty much perfect scenario for them. First get a cup run when they should not be in the playoffs and then get top draft pick even if they should not be bottom 3 team. Much better than the expected mediocrity of being 18-24th.