Nick Powell Watch

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Don't think he'd start for any Premier League side. Not even the newly promoted ones. Probably needs to go back to the championship in order to actually play regularly, I'd imagine.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Spotted on my lunchtime jaunt around the (not-so) grand city of Wakefield.

That was a worthwhile purchase...

Raw

Wow, Powell's really let himself go.

To be fair Powell's not exactly a rare surname, and Nick Powell's number is 22. That guy could have just bought a shirt with his own name on the back.

Crustanoid

Looks like he'll be needed, given our aversion to signing anyone

(The fat guy in the picture, not Nick Powell)

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
He's probably just taken the challenge to replace Anderson too seriously.

Sid234

Not in the tour squad.. He really needs to buckle down and focus on his football

Bwuk

I thought Powell would of made it when he signed. He looked a top talent.

kundalini

It was never obvious to me in what position he was meant to be a future United player. Sir Alex's idea of him becoming a central midfielder looked like a very long term project.

khoazany

Not in the tour squad.. He really needs to buckle down and focus on his football
Last time I saw his post on Twitter/Instagram he's still recovering from his injury.Doesn't mean he would make the squad if fit though.

Sid234

Last time I saw his post on Twitter/Instagram he's still recovering from his injury.Doesn't mean he would make the squad if fit though.
Oh really? I thought he was back in training.. Anyway like you said, even if he's fit he not going to get anywhere near the 1st team. Has a long road ahead of him if he wants to make it here

FromTheBench

He's actually been injured now for 3 Tours/pre seasons in a row where he'd have gotten some chance to impress.

Along with rumored attitude thing he picks up loads of injuries.

Last season was make it or break it for him, and with the failed leicester loan and then injury for months which still hasn't been overcome thing he'll be off this summer, which is a pity as i beleived he always had the talent and a X factor as well. Also been victim of SAF leaving as he rated him very highly, and could possibly man manage a detached character like him.

m1y2

Permanent first team player, not necessarily a starter.
yeah got it, I thought the same, but as you can see you can buy the best talents in the country and still have nothing from it, Zaha and Powell are big disappointments. Sometimes it's good to give a chance to one of your own youth prospects.

Roman Bellic

Prick
yeah got it, I thought the same, but as you can see you can buy the best talents in the country and still have nothing from it, Zaha and Powell are big disappointments. Sometimes it's good to give a chance to one of your own youth prospects.
Yes, but we sort of didn't give either of them a chance to be fair.

Brightonian

Yes, but we sort of didn't give either of them a chance to be fair.
He's not had chances with us, but he's wasted several elsewhere.

Personally never felt he had that much about him. Wonderful strike in his locker but you can't be a decent midfielder or forward with such poor mobility and work-rate.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
His loan spell and injuries aside, I think LvG should let him recover and then take him under his wing. There's too much talent there to just sell off to a smaller club.

Shurou

I remember seeing a pic in which he posted a before-and-after of his stitches. That was him, right? :nervous:

Bwuk

Powell is full of potential, I do hope that this return from injury has improved his attitude.

Brophs

The One and Only

Doesn't sound great. Hopefully "disillusioned" isn't alluding to something more serious.