Nicky Butt arrested | Feb 2020: Assault charge dropped

Red Star One

Interesting.
So you are saying that assaulting a man is fine, but assaulting a woman is not acceptable?
And where precisely did I say this? I will not pretend that it's the same thing for me - as I find assaulting women a bit more disgusting than assaulting men, especially if you're a man yourself - but I never claimed that assaulting a man would be "fine".

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
lewwoo said:
We have all been there
Well I haven't - I don't even know Mrs Butt.

More seriously though, NB should absolutely be fired if guilty.

mu4c_20le

Don't condone it at all but why should he be sacked? Fergies son was also charged, but it didn't affect his managerial career.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Don't condone it at all but why should he be sacked? Fergies son was also charged, but it didn't affect his managerial career.
Do you want a wife beater to be associated to our club?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Suspension till final decision given he's been charged imo will be the course of action the club will take.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

DoomSlayer

We bought Rojo whilst he was being sued in Argentina for hitting someone in the head with a glass bottle. You can potentially kill someone like that, yet the guy is still here so I don't expect Butt to be fired.

devilish

Let's be honest, you have a statue of one outside the ground.

On field and off field behaviour is often clearly separated by clubs, rightly so in my mind.
Different era, different quality + the British have a weakness towards alcoholics. I've noticed that myself while in the UK which involved a neighbour. I was shocked by the police attitude that night

Last edited:

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
A cut to the hand and a broken phone?

he’ll get away with it

devilish

What did he do? Apart from breaking an iphone and talking crap? Didn't fallow the story so genuine question. Serious case or nonsense?
He's allegedly hurt his wife which is a criminal offense. That wouldn't have costed Sir Alex his job. He was too valuable for the club. However Butt is the least of the class of 92. He's currently doing a job that is largely cerimonial. We can easily replace him with Fletcher, Scholes or even Evra and no one would notice the difference

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
He's allegedly hurt his wife which is a criminal offense. That wouldn't have costed Sir Alex his job. He was too valuable for the club. However Butt is the least of the class of 92. He's currently doing a job that is largely cerimonial. We can easily replace him with Fletcher, Scholes or even Evra and no one would notice the difference
Ceremonial?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You can't sack someone for being charged with something. If he is found guilty, you'd think he'll have to go.
You're probably right, he hasn't been found guilty as of yet, but the fact they found enough evidence to charge him is worrying enough. Something untoward took place, that's for sure.

The Co92 and their antics, literally the only one of them to be seen in a positive light these days is Phil Neville. And he was a bit shite.