No title bid expected for 3 years

jackal&hyde

There is certainly a change of culture. Specifically, standards are being lowered and the fans are complicit with this, too.
in 2014-2018, 11th place would've been unacceptable and most fans would call for drastic change and firings.
In Sept 2019, it is perfectly acceptable, because we are "building for the future" or waiting for next Summer when we can work on our fitness (or any other ridiculous reason, which some fans use to justify failure).
What exactly do you propose fans do? Start a revolution? Make moan threads and posts all day long affecting your own mental well being? It's just football and most of us have no control over what decisions are made at the club. The identity of the club was lost when SAF retired because the board, like most of us, did not understand the true impact that a WC manager that did it all would have on the club. With hindsight, we needed to appoint a sporting director to bring stability and continuity to the club in a time when a turnover in managers was expected. You can't turn back time, only look to the future. I like what i see from the club right now a lot more then what i saw under the previous managers.

Even if we succeed in building a competent team in the next 2-3 years, it's going to be a bumpy ride, especially this season. Looking for quick fixes in players and managers is exactly the reason we find ourselves in the position that we are in. We've made the right buys this summer and we've let go of the right players IMO. Let this continue for another couple of summers and i'm fairly sure the squad will look very different by the beginning of Oles 3ed season. It's a massive job that the current management has to do.

Johan07

There is certainly a change of culture. Specifically, standards are being lowered and the fans are complicit with this, too.
in 2014-2018, 11th place would've been unacceptable and most fans would call for drastic change and firings.
In Sept 2019, it is perfectly acceptable, because we are "building for the future" or waiting for next Summer when we can work on our fitness (or any other ridiculous reason, which some fans use to justify failure).
We have played one game less. If we win tonight we will be ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal and a goal or two behind Spurs. But that would not suit your narrative would it? This season is still very young.

Robbie Boy

I would stunned if we challenge for the title in 3 years. As long as the current Board are in place, we will continue to appoint the wrong managers.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Why would Woodward give him more influence than what he gave to LvG or Jose? I don't see how Poch would have any better say in the club than any other manager. In the end Poch can only give Woodward names, he cant do the negotiations.
Most of the managers at United had influence to sign players they want. There were some times where Woodward close the checkbook, but it was never the case that a manager at United went a significant spell without backing from the club as you see with Wenger at Arsenal and Pochettino at Spurs. LvG and Jose had a lot of influence into the players we signed and let go. It is a myth that they didn’t. Poch will get similar level of influence as long as he is moving the club in the right direction. If Ole can get the budget to sign the most expensive defender in the world, along with the most expensive fullback at that age, it only makes sense that one of the best managers in the world will get enough fund to sign players that he thinks will improve United

momo83

Massive Snowflake
read a piece by some journo and makes absolute sense. “Transition” is a curse would. It allows standards to be lowered, was started by Moyes and has been used as an excuse by every manager since. I hope when Ole gets replaced the next manager removes that word from his vocabulary, how often do you hear any other top team go on about being in transition? Madrid, Barcelona, City, Chelsea etc all have had transitions over the past 8-15 years but none have had managers that keep going on about it.

Real are currently in transition, as have Arsenal been since Unai took over, Spurs are about to need a little rebuild, Chelsea are majorly in transition but you don’t or won’t hear the manager of each club going on about it.