No title bid expected for 3 years

Schmeichel=God

So it'll be 9 years since we last won the title to the point where we might fight for the title. That's depressing. Could easily be 10+ years.
It's going to reach Liverpool's wait....and they haven't even won it yet.

Eddy_JukeZ

This club is shambolic.

No title bid for 9 years then if this pans out.

We are the new AC Milan.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
If you think you're being pessimistic by saying we won't challenge for the next 3 years, then you're actually being optimistic.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
No title for 3 years... is what we have been told consistently for the last 5 years, so if people are foolish enough to fall for it, more fool you, I say.

Enigma_87

You know who
Meanwhile the useless crap Lukaku and defensive coach Conte sit on top of Serie A with 10-1 GD and 15 points out of 15. With Lukaku being their top goalscorer none the less.

Razvan

As if the club even has 3 year plans. :lol: Woodward completely changed the plan last season just because the interim manager got lucky and won a few matches in a row.

redshaw

Make that 23.

Only chance we'll be challenging in 3 years is if the European continent gets ravaged by the plague and somehow we're the least affected.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Depends how long Pep remains at Man. City. They'll come right back into the pack when he leaves imo especially when so many of their big players will be leaving in next 2-3 years. Even De Bruyne isn't far off 30 now which is incredible although in his midfield position he can be very good into his mid 30s like D. Silva.

Think Klopp will stay longer as Liverpool is just a perfect fit for him.

Betson

Looking at our starting base with this current squad 3 years is very much on the optimistic side.

It is scary how much of free fall the club has gone into in the post Fergie years, all we have is money and we have thrown loads of that at it , over 900 Million and still the results are pathetic.

But we don't have a coherent plan and we don't even have a football identity anymore.

The next few years will probably be spent lunging from manager to manager again while trying to maintain our top 6 position. We can't even hire a DOF.

Amerifan

City has a billion dollar squad, a winning manager, and deep oil pockets.
Liverpool has the best manager award winner, strong funding, and a young squad.
We have a business-first mindset, an unproven squad in need of a rebuild, and an unproven manager.

Three years?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
As a briefing by one of the richest clubs in the world, that is an embarrassment.

Sterling Archer

City has a billion dollar squad, a winning manager, and deep oil pockets.
Liverpool has the best manager award winner, strong funding, and a young squad.
We have a business-first mindset, an unproven squad in need of a rebuild, and an unproven manager.

Three years?
We aren't even good at the business part of it.

Roboc7

Three years is extremely optimistic based on the current state on and off the pitch.

We seem to be trying to convince everyone that some form of plan has been made but even if that’s true I would have two big concerns.

Firstly who at the club has any competence to make a plan?. Secondly who has any competence to implement it?.

After Jose went there was the perfect opportunity to restructure and rebuild but nothing of any substance has been done.

Tarrou

If the last 6 years is anything to go by, we'll be lucky to be a top 4 side in 3 years time

Rendezvous with Ronaldo

Supports
Hartlepool
Man United - "we won't be challenging for at least 3 years"
Liverpool - "we're back on our perch"

Feck this shit. We deserve this.
:lol:

I have absolutely no love for Liverpool but why, exactly, do you 'deserve' success?

NJM78

3 years and what on earth makes the club think that?

6 years we have been shit and now more so than ever. Maybe they think Lingard will come good by then!?

Seriously though I can see us not winning it for as long as Ed and the Glazers continue. Even with our potential players like Greenwood, Gomes and Tuanzebe being first team regulars by then, the other big clubs will also continue to buy and improve plus they also have great youth.
If the other clubs promise to stand still for a few years then maybe we have a chance but with the money in the league these days I can easily see us going Arsenal lengths of time with no title.

slir32

It's obvious the players are the issue and not the manager. A mass clear out is needed if the club is truthful and are saying well compete for a title in 3 years that means they need to do two more mass clear outs with another ten players going out the door.

Kemizee

Enough people will swallow this ‘3 year plan’ to allow them to continue use to run the club down whilst they get richer.

They’re playing people like a fiddle and yet many will claim patience is required and that posters being negative is what's wrong with the club.
Spot on! Fans who see through the Glazers bullshit and don't buy it are usually termed 'fair weather and don't love the club'.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Solskjaer's contract is for 3 years, I don't expect a title challenge either.

Kylar Stern

On current evidence were closer to a relegation battle than a title challenge, and I'm not even being dramatic. We barely look capable of stringing a couple of wins together at the moment, much less go on any kind of run.

Weak squad, weak mentality, and a licence to half arse it for the next three years with this comment.

Worst of all? I don't get the impression that anyone inside the club even gives a shite as long as they continue to benefit financially. Dividends, bonuses, ridiculous wages and noodle partners all around, whilst the mighty Rochdale (heavily sarcastic, as my hometown club I watch them play on a semi frequent basis) put us to the sword at home curtesy of an unknown 16 year old running rings around 40-50m valued players. The most vociferous defence we've mustered this year was a carefully crafted press release designed to stop people chanting 'Woodward Out' at games for fecks sake.

When the most entertainment you get from the team you have supported all your life comes from ill judged social media posts or from them embarrassing themselves on leaked Snapchat videos then it's time to start worrying.

But you know, beanz beanz beanz.

Bestietom

BULL@HIT. How can anyone set a plan of 3 years to win the title. These morons ( Glazers and Woody) are pulling the wool over fans eyes year in year out. The biggest club in the world making plans of 3 years to win the premiership.
They should be making sure of whatever it takes to get this club back to where it belongs instead of thinking 100million for a REBUILD is enough.
Get out of our club ASAP before you ruin us altogether.

RedDevilRoshi

Got more chance of winning the lottery than seeing us even compete for 2nd place, never mind 1st place in 3 years time.

Million miles away from a title challenge.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
every time I hear this conversation, two years have been added to the wait time: yesterday on 5Live, Andy Cole said "possibly/probably five years"

djembatheking

I can`t see us winning a title under our current owners and even if they sell it will still take time for new owners to sort out this mess . Three years , no chance , anyone who buys that are living in dreamland .

fastwalker

Three years is nothing more than a figure snatched from the air. For our size and wealth, we are a poorly run club, we keep sacking managers, players are more interested in their extra curricular activities than performances on the pitch, the traditions that once made us great have long since been forgotten, top players no longer see us as a go to destination and we are living off our past glories. Which rival club that has not won a league title in 30 years did that used to be?

If you think for a second that the same could not happen to Manchester United, well you only have 24 years left to wait.

R'hllor

Come on eat it all up, you know you want to, dont forget to lick of the plate at the end.

red thru&thru

Yep, some more breathing space for the owners and Ed and a lot of our fans will lap it up and call us spoilt. Bravo Ed, bravo. You are definitely playing a blinder.

Hawks2008

I hope we go into transfer negotiations telling them not to expect us to be competitive for 3 years.

"Hello Jadon mate, you have your pick of the top clubs around Europe but come to United lad. 3 years and we'll be something resembling a good team you'll see"

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Let me translate that for you.

Owners: we ain't spending big. Top 4 suits us fine.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
As long as the fans are willing to pay the same for failure as for success, the Glazers will sell us the cheaper option. It's that simple.

You want this to end? Don't buy a season ticket. Don't buy Sky Premier League. Don't buy shirts. Just don't give the Glazers your money.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Football does change fairly quickly.
Anyone who remembers that Chelsea team of the early to mid 2000s, would have wondered how they ever stopped dominating. But they did, and fairly quickly.

Roll on a couple of years, Klopp and Pep gone, and us stumbling (you can't see us picking well!) on the "right" manager and who knows!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
As long as the fans are willing to pay the same for failure as for success, the Glazers will sell us the cheaper option. It's that simple.

You want this to end? Don't buy a season ticket. Don't buy Sky Premier League. Don't buy shirts. Just don't give the Glazers your money.
Fans always give it this, but it's really not that simple.

The majority of the money comes from sponsorship, which we've already seen has no link to actual success, and the tv deals. The tv deals are funded by all fans, not just ours.

The percentage of money from the match day goes down and down each year. And it's be a stretch to ever see fans boycotting to a level that made anyone notice.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

I'm no Glazers fan, but who has spent more than us this last 5 years? Have City actually done? I think it'd be close. No-one else though.

Big versus richness you probably mean, but that's another story, and again, who bar City have spent more than us this last decade?

Banana Republic

Only problem with that, is it’s becoming increasingly obvious that we’re no longer a top 4 team.

The biggest worry is what happens when the big sponsorship deals, signed over the last few years come to an end?
Ed, or any successor, might struggle to prevent a significant slide in revenues, based on us becoming an also ran team and no CL presence.