Noble carrying herrera off the pitch

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
That's an assault. This isn't WWE. Should have been at least a yellow.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It was absolutely moronic, and should have resulted in some form of punishment. If the player in question is seriously injured another player shouldn't act the hard man hero and grab that player to force him off the field, potentially exacerbating the injury in some way.

Ole90+3

He wasn't really. Herrera told him to "feck off" shortly after.

It was a dick move from Noble. If Herrera was injured that could have potentially done him more damage.

If Herrera had a short fuse and wasn't as intelligent, he would have turned around and thumped Noble in the gob.

Hammerfell

He's already done it once before this season. I think it was one of his teammates too.

Djemba-Djemba

Hate to be a moaney old cnut but I didn't think it reflected well on us. Can you imagine Noble trying to carry an injured Utd player off the pitch if we had someone like Roy Keane playing for us?

We need more nasty bastards in this team.

The ref should have booked him of course but he was utterly hopeless all game so I wasn't surprised he just looked the other way and avoided doing anything.

Brophs

The One and Only
Seems a weird thing to be that upset by, tbh. He basically cuddled him 5 yards off the pitch. No harm no foul. It really doesn't need any further analysis.

Someone

Something
People are angry but i'd be happy if one of our players had enough passion to do something stupid like this, being too nice gets you nowhere.

Charlie Foley

I laughed. I'm not sure how it's not a yellow card by the letter of the law but I still laughed. Fellaini or someone should have sorted him out though. Oh well, we won, so I don't care.

Brophs

The One and Only
People are angry but i'd be happy if one of our players had enough passion to do something stupid like this, being too nice gets you nowhere.
Yep. I'd love it if someone carried Rojo off the pitch and never let him back on.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
It wasn't that big a deal was it? If there was any risk of him injuring Herrera further, he wouldn't have been allowed to do what he did.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Some player did it before this season. Pretty shit as player could be injured and moving them could make things worse but last time nothing was said about it either.

Dominos

It wasn't that big a deal was it? If there was any risk of him injuring Herrera further, he wouldn't have been allowed to do what he did.
Eh? Who decides whether there was any risk of him injuring Herrera further? And no one was left with much option. There's not a lot of time to react when he decides to pick him up and carry him to the sideline.

It was ridiculous the ref didn't do anything. Imagine every time a player gets injured on the pitch an opposition player takes it upon himself to lift the player up and throw him off the pitch.

Red-Jeff

Eh? Who decides whether there was any risk of him injuring Herrera further? And no one was left with much option. There's not a lot of time to react when he decides to pick him up and carry him to the sideline.

It was ridiculous the ref didn't do anything. Imagine every time a player gets injured on the pitch an opposition player takes it upon himself to lift the player up and throw him off the pitch.
I agree with most of what you said but he didn't lift him up and throw him off the pitch :lol:

Manny

Grammar Police
Herrera should have swung an elbow at him.

Noble is a bellend who will do anything for some affection from the fans. Shame he's such a shite footballer.

Dominos

There's nothing "too nice" about not hauling an injured player off the pitch so play might resume half a second earlier. It's being a cnut for no reason and I'd be annoyed if one of our players did it because it should be an automatic yellow card and it'd be a completely meaningless and stupid action to get a booking for.

I agree with most of what you said but he didn't lift him up and throw him off the pitch :lol:
Drops him off the pitch then.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
If I were Herrera I'd have dropped like a sack of shit clutching my ankle as soon as he dropped me.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Seems a weird thing to be that upset by, tbh. He basically cuddled him 5 yards off the pitch. No harm no foul. It really doesn't need any further analysis.
Social media generation. Fussy housewives the lot of them. I was laughing.

Red-Jeff

There's nothing "too nice" about not hauling an injured player off the pitch so play might resume half a second earlier. It's being a cnut for no reason and I'd be annoyed if one of our players did it because it should be an automatic yellow card and it'd be a completely meaningless and stupid action to get a booking for.

Drops him off the pitch then.
It was out of line but didn't seem violent, was pretty gentle from my perspective. More akin to the caress of a thoughtful lover than a battering from an opposing footballer. Hell, I bet Mata was a bit jealous!

Edit - I found a picture of Mata looking on as Noble and Herrera engaged in some gentle cuddling.

Ignore the kit

Sylar

It was funny, but when Noble put Herrera down, Herrera should have gone down holding his ankle as if that did more damage to him.

I do find it weird the ref just let it happen without even saying anything.

stu_1992

I thought it made Noble look like an absolute wanker tbh. I'm not just saying that because I'm a United fan. I know if someone tried to do that to me, I would not be happy at all.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Social media generation. Fussy housewives the lot of them. I was laughing.
We can't all be rustic lumberjacks, pining for the working class men to push football back into the auld days.

Zoo

West Ham can do one. From Bilic's whining after the first game to their players repeatedly trying to get ours booked and Noble playing up to the fans as the big man. It was funny at the end when he thought he could be Scholes with a wonder volley off a corner.