Noble carrying herrera off the pitch

Tyrion

People are angry but i'd be happy if one of our players had enough passion to do something stupid like this, being too nice gets you nowhere.
I imagine if the situation was reversed, everyone here would be laughing their heads off. There was nothing wrong with what he did, actually I thought it was great.

Walters_19_MuFc

I was pissed. Very surprised none of our players done anything. Not only was it rude, but Herrera was genuinely injured and depending on the severity of the injury, he could have done further damage.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I was pissed. Very surprised none of our players done anything. Not only was it rude, but Herrera was genuinely injured and depending on the severity of the injury, he could have done further damage.
Do think so? I thought he play acted as he thought he may get sent off.

Dominos

If I were Herrera I'd have dropped like a sack of shit clutching my ankle as soon as he dropped me.
The best course of action considering punching him in the face isn't really a favourable option.

Social media generation. Fussy housewives the lot of them. I was laughing.
It was funny.

It was also a yellow card.

Stop being such a miserable bunch, we've won the game so it doesn't matter.
If we'd have lost it likely wouldn't have had anything to do with that incident, so why would it matter even if we hadn't won? It was a cnutish thing to do and sets a bad precedent whereby players think they can manhandle an opposition players when they're injured and dump them off the pitch, and escape any form of punishment.

Yep and rolled back on to the pitch :lol:
:lol:

That was funny, no need for a card as there's no malicious intent.
Imagine every time one of your players goes down injured he gets lifted up by the opposition and taken to the sidelines... It's an absurd way to do things. His intent doesn't matter. If I'm playing on a Sunday morning and I've twisted my ankle and some stranger on the other team decides to grab me and carry me off the pitch I'm not going to be too amused. Keep your hands to yourself dickhead.

Summit

I'm saying I laughed, but I didn't laugh as hard as seeing Noble thinking he was Scholes from a corner.

Blatzo

Physio wasn't happy about it - gave Noble a few choice words and then gave the ref a piece of his mind too.

I was pretty pissed off about it from a player safety perspective - Noble undermined Herrera, our physio and the referee all for his little moment in the spotlight. If Herrera needed treatment (I assume he doesn't because it's not been mentioned) the club should have sent Noble the bill.

in before somebody points out that it would be insignificant to someone on a footballers salary

Trizy

Found it funny and see nothing wrong with it, we all know Herrera wasn't injured.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
Reckon he's a bellend for doing it and it's probably a booking.

But whatever. We won and Noble went home sad, so all's well that ends well.

Dominos

I imagine if the situation was reversed, everyone here would be laughing their heads off. There was nothing wrong with what he did, actually I thought it was great.
So you'd happily see this happen every time a player goes down injured, an opposition player grabs them and carries them off the pitch? We see this happening 5+ times every single game? It's ridiculous. Firstly you shouldn't be putting your hands on another person when they don't wish you to do so, it comes under "battery". This is even ignoring the obvious fact you're going to worsen injuries by doing this, and it's not an acceptable idea that we leave it to the player's discretion to decide whether an injury is serious enough to warrant picking them up and dropping them on the sidelines.

Summit

I don't know, I didn't see the game. Just reading the matchday thread
No you are right, I just found it funny but didn't want to laugh in case...well you know what I mean..;)

Dominos

Found it funny and see nothing wrong with it, we all know Herrera wasn't injured.
Well no, we don't.

And we're setting a dangerous precedent whereby it's fine for the players to decide whether an injury is serious or genuine enough such that they feel they can carry and dump a player off the pitch whenever he feels like it.

DrunkenBeaver

Funny? Yes but it sets a dangerous precedent. If a player feels another player is time wasting they presumably now have the right man-handle the player and remove him from the pitch?

If the FA don't act on this then they'll be players picking up opponents and throwing them off the pitch with presumed impunity. As amusing as it was you cannot have a player of the opposition deciding that the person receiving treatment isn't injured because if you permit that and players believe it's an acceptable way to behave then one day it'll happen to someone who does have a serious injury.

Notwithstanding the potential for escalation that such actions would cause. If he lifted a less mild-mannered player off the field he might have ended up with a black eye as a result.

hobbers

Noble is a cnut, but he's a funny cnut.

Also think physically picking up a potentially injured player like that at the very least merits a yellow card for dangerous conduct, or even just for bringing the game into disrepute.

Dominos

Funny? Yes but it sets a dangerous precedent. If a player feels another player is time wasting they presumably now have the right man-handle the player and remove him from the pitch?

If the FA don't act on this then they'll be players picking up opponents and throwing them off the pitch with presumed impunity. As amusing as it was you cannot have a player of the opposition deciding that the person receiving treatment isn't injured because if you permit that and players believe it's an acceptable way to behave then one day it'll happen to someone who does have a serious injury.
100% correct.

To those who think there's nothing wrong with it, I'm assuming they'd be fine if they were hobbling off the pitch and some stranger from the opposition grabs you from behind and carries you off the pitch. You try that in a sunday league game you're taking an elbow to the face, let's be honest.

hobbers

To put it another way, if Diego Costa did it, we're talking a 5 game ban.

Summit

What you all on about at all? Herrera was hobbling off in pain, yet Noble being the great guy he is, seen this and didn't want him to risk anymore injury, so decided to be the good Samaritan and carry him off. We should be thanking him in potentially saving Herrera more damage.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Herrera wound him up earlier in the half with a sneaky leaving the foot in tackle, so Noble had to prove he was the big man somehow. Not sure exactly how this achieved it but I guess it was slightly less dumb than Gerrard's stamping/red card idea.

To be honest, if it had been in the 85th minute when they were only a goal down and chasing the game, it might have come across well. When it's 2-0 and there's 20 minutes left it just kind of makes you look like a bit of a thick twat...though not as much as wasting your team's last chance to score by trying a 30 yard volley routine from a corner does. That was about the dumbest thing I've seen all season.

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
If gently slapping someone in the face, or the "headbutts" that we see, are a red card then this must be too?
I do agree that our players should have grown a pair and done something about it

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Oohhh. hard man noble, funny man noble... What a cnut

Didn't he go down easily to get a player an yellow card at Old Trafford? That corner at the end was awesome, I genuinely lol'ed

FujiVice

To be fair, I'd have laughed if it was one of our players doing it.

Eriku

We can't all be rustic lumberjacks, pining for the working class men to push football back into the auld days.
:lol:

I don't get people who want that. Firstly, times have changed, some of the hard men of old would have been sent off first time of asking trying to put their stamp on the match. Secondly, I HATE it when I see it with other teams, other players getting jumped up and insisting on getting involved... It reminds me of the sort of stupid calamity I see late at night at petrol stations on the weekend, when a lot of people are queuing for food (may not be universal, you can't get a bloody curry or a kebab from a stand or shop late at night in rural Norway... point still stands tho')

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I thought it was a noble gesture tbh. Dunno why he's getting so much stick, he was just helping a fellow footballer.

...yep, that's the best I can come up with :-(

Tyrion

So you'd happily see this happen every time a player goes down injured, an opposition player grabs them and carries them off the pitch? We see this happening 5+ times every single game? It's ridiculous. Firstly you shouldn't be putting your hands on another person when they don't wish you to do so, it comes under "battery". This is even ignoring the obvious fact you're going to worsen injuries by doing this, and it's not an acceptable idea that we leave it to the player's discretion to decide whether an injury is serious enough to warrant picking them up and dropping them on the sidelines.
Obviously not every time but it's clear that the people in charge have no intentions of dealing with the ridicolous amounts of simulation, time wasting, diving and exaggerated injuries so I don't blame a player getting fed up with it and doing what Noble did. I actually remember hearing a story of two Busby Babes doing it against Real Madrid and I thought it was hilarious then (i.e. when I heard the documentary, not when I saw that game live :p).

Pathé (the English newsreel) remembers it being rather scrappy too. The Daily Telegraph, in a recent review of European meetings between the sides, records that when Madrid’s Torres went down, United’s players tried to carry him off the pitch to, not unreasonably, restart the game. A tug-of-war began with the unfortunate player being tugged back and forth between the two sides – Real Madrid were determined to keep him on the pitch, likely to waste time.

After the match, Busby was to complain about the officials' time keeping, among other things. Plus ça change...

montpelier

I didn't think Herrera deserved to get a 2nd yellow, I didn't think Noble deserved a yellow for being a silly sausage. Obvs, you have a reasonable argument saying they both did, but that's football innit? With it not escalating, Ref can just get on with the game & we've all had a bit of laugh. (Physio should've punched him, ;))

Anyway, Noble is a bit underrated for me, but was trying too hard last night - ie: silly volley effort to tie the game & shaking Payet's hand before the late free kick (no pressure, then).

ghagua

Not sure how that was allowed to happen. If the ref felt that Herrera was wasting time, then he will deal with it. Players should not be allowed to carry someone off the pitch for obvious reason, primary being that the player could be injured further by being moved by someone without medical knowledge.