Noble carrying herrera off the pitch

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
No big deal really but a bit sad to see that we don't have any players in the team that wouldn't stand for that sort of thing any more.

Can you imagine someone getting away with that if Keane was on the pitch or even someone like Rio.
If they were still playing we wouldn't have needed a replay!

VanGaalEra

What a dick, he was genuinely injured. What if he landed on his ankle and made it worse?

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Hate to be a moaney old cnut but I didn't think it reflected well on us. Can you imagine Noble trying to carry an injured Utd player off the pitch if we had someone like Roy Keane playing for us?

We need more nasty bastards in this team.

The ref should have booked him of course but he was utterly hopeless all game so I wasn't surprised he just looked the other way and avoided doing anything.
Nah with our luck with refs Ander would have gotten a yellow or red and Noble nothing

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Doubt he was injured. He thought pretending to be enough to force a sub would stop him getting sent off.

I'm pretty sure he didn't actually do anything to get carded though?

Noble is a dick and the players shouldn't let people get away with stuff.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Gotta love how herrera was completely fine with it :lol:

Why have we gotta love that? I'd much rather Herrera told him where to go. Imagine Noble doing that to Keane or Scholes or Robson or even Butt? He'd have not even dared but with us now we have a team full of Mr Nice guys that frighten no one.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Why have we gotta love that? I'd much rather Herrera told him where to go. Imagine Noble doing that to Keane or Scholes or Robson or even Butt? He'd have not even dared but with us now we have a team full of Mr Nice guys that frighten no one.
Didn't someone above say that he told Noble to F off after the incident.

m1y2

nothing much in it, Herrera was lucky not to get second yellow, for a while it look like a nice theatre play..

Mal donaghy

That's pretty funny. Time wasting is annoying as feck when it's you on the receiving end.
I know but I haven't a doubt in the world had that been fellaini doing the carrying he would have received a red card,or any United player for that matter.

DomesticTadpole

Lost a bit of respect for Herrera for allowing himself to be treated like that.
I am more bothered that we don't have anyone in that team who sticks up for their teammates. I am sure Herrera will make sure Noble is sorted in the league game. Also it wasn't the best time to go down to 10 men. If he had hit him, he would have been off and making too big a fuss would have focused the ref on the fact that Ander could have been sent off before that incident. I am more annoyed that the ref just stood there and let Noble do it.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I found it funny to watch but it immediately struck me as the kind of 'look at me and my no nonsense pashun' shite that the English media gobble up.

No idea why that was one of the first things I thought of mind. Probably because he's English, West Ham and shite - a Martin Samuel wet dream.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Except Herrera was actually injured and wanted to be taken off.
I don't think he was actually. He's a baby faced grifter is Herrera. Butter wouldn't melt but he doesn't half pull off some questionable things. Diving, waving cards and the like. Make no mistake, he's got the sort of smarts Gary Neville spoke of when he said what a learning curve the Co92 went through when they started playing against youngsters in Europe. They're taught every trick in the book.

When you're on a yellow card and put in a daft challenge, feigning injury makes the ref think for a little longer about that card, substituting yourself off injured in place of a player with fresh legs and no yellow cards to his name is a favourable scenario and most refs appreciate an excuse not to brandish a red card and make it 11vs10. Especially in a cup quarter final.

DomesticTadpole

I don't think he was actually. He's a baby faced grifter is Herrera. Butter wouldn't melt but he doesn't half pull off some questionable things. Diving, waving cards and the like. Make no mistake, he's got the sort of smarts Gary Neville spoke of when he said what a learning curve the Co92 went through when they started playing against youngsters in Europe. They're taught every trick in the book.

When you're on a yellow card and put in a daft challenge, feigning injury makes the ref think for a little longer about that card, substituting yourself off injured in place of a player with fresh legs and no yellow cards to his name is a favourable scenario and most refs appreciate an excuse not to brandish a red card and make it 11vs10. Especially in a cup quarter final.
He's not daft is Herrera, as you say they get taught all and every way to bend the rules. Noble was the stupid one as if he had done nothing, Herrera might have got a red.

Rednotdead

But what's that got to do with Noble behaving like a prat, and the referee just standing there looking gormless?

Robbie Boy

People actually care about this? feck me. If one of our players done it, there would be a thread with 4 pages of green smilies and gif's, instead people are getting upset! Christ.

Reynoldo

It was funny and Herrera (rightly so) didn't make a big deal out of it so it was all fine. Imagine he twisted his ankle upon dropping him though? The drama there would have been then.

I would love to see the same situation play out between Pepe and Suarez in a classico though :lol:

mark_a

Shock horror. Well I never, in all my years watching football, I've never seen a player taking his time to leave the field while his team is winning. Shocking behaviour from Manchester United. Yes, literally no other teams engage in any other kind of gamesmanship at all. Ever. And Payet definitely never dives. Never. He's so dreamy. Did I say I liked Payet. We all liked watching Payet and talking about Payet and watching how brilliant Payet is while watching Match of the Day. He's not a diver you know.

Ooh, and that Fellaini, doesn't he commit fouls. He's like the only player in the premier league who does that. Those other big solid strikers are so gentle & polite. You've got to hand it to United though, there played really well against West Ham. But they're normally rubbish though. Awful in fact. And they used to be fantastic, I think they were unbeaten for 26 years. Now they're rubbish. Wasn't Rashford's goal amazing. Fosu-Mensah was really impressive too. They may be rubbish, but there young players are fantastic, their academy is really producing some good players. Even the Manchester City's academy is loads better. And United's isn't what it used to be. So yeah, wasting time when you're ahead is a terrible new thing that Manchester United have started doing.

Remember that Fergie time? That's not what it used to be is it. Time. Goes very quickly now, when it used to go slowly. Yeah, when Fergie was manager the cheating refs who were all getting bribed to let them win, used to add a load of time onto the end of the game to help them win. Literally added that time on from nowhere.

So just 2 things I need to clear up; Did I catch something about West Ham leaving there ground? And, can anyone confirm, if Lineacre supports Leicester?

I love TV pundits me. Is it time for the medication yet?

Robbie Boy

Shock horror. Well I never, in all my years watching football, I've never seen a player taking his time to leave the field while his team is winning. Shocking behaviour from Manchester United. Yes, literally no other teams engage in any other kind of gamesmanship at all. Ever. And Payet definitely never dives. Never. He's so dreamy. Did I say I liked Payet. We all liked watching Payet and talking about Payet and watching how brilliant Payet is while watching Match of the Day. He's not a diver you know.

Ooh, and that Fellaini, doesn't he commit fouls. He's like the only player in the premier league who does that. Those other big solid strikers are so gentle & polite. You've got to hand it to United though, there played really well against West Ham. But they're normally rubbish though. Awful in fact. And they used to be fantastic, I think they were unbeaten for 26 years. Now they're rubbish. Wasn't Rashford's goal amazing. Fosu-Mensah was really impressive too. They may be rubbish, but there young players are fantastic, their academy is really producing some good players. Even the Manchester City's academy is loads better. And United's isn't what it used to be. So yeah, wasting time when you're ahead is a terrible new thing that Manchester United have started doing.

Remember that Fergie time? That's not what it used to be is it. Time. Goes very quickly now, when it used to go slowly. Yeah, when Fergie was manager the cheating refs who were all getting bribed to let them win, used to add a load of time onto the end of the game to help them win. Literally added that time on from nowhere.

So just 2 things I need to clear up; Did I catch something about West Ham leaving there ground? And, can anyone confirm, if Lineacre supports Leicester?

I love TV pundits me. Is it time for the medication yet?
Let it all out man.

prarek

No big deal really but a bit sad to see that we don't have any players in the team that wouldn't stand for that sort of thing any more.

Can you imagine someone getting away with that if Keane was on the pitch or even someone like Rio.
Spot on.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Didn't someone above say that he told Noble to F off after the incident.
Big deal he still let him carry him off. Maybe I'm out of date but I'd rather my team was like Athletico Madrid who all snarl bite and act and hunt in a pack. As opposed to our cosmopolitan bunch like Mata Carrick Herrera and Blind who look like they'd open doors for you. Just my take on it.

DomesticTadpole

Big deal he still let him carry him off. Maybe I'm out of date but I'd rather my team was like Athletico Madrid who all snarl bite and act and hunt in a pack. As opposed to our cosmopolitan bunch like Mata Carrick Herrera and Blind who look like they'd open doors for you. Just my take on it.
I was surprised nobody ran over to stop it. If Ander had took a swing at him, then everyone would be calling him stupid, but his teammates should get involved.

Tyrion

And get themselves sent off?

This is why the refs need to deal with this sort of shit correctly, so the players don't have to take it into their own hands to sort things out. It's the refs job to punish Noble for being a dick, not our players.

So it's fine to do it once a game? Once a season? What a bizarre stance. It's alright to just start grabbing and ragdolling opposition players when they're injured but as long as it's only every once in a while, every time would be way out of line.
Players feign injury over the smallest of things and waste time almost every game and people just accept it. I don't mind if players occasionally get tired of it.

DomesticTadpole

Players feign injury over the smallest of things and waste time almost every game and people just accept it. I don't mind if players occasionally get tired of it.
Yet we all moan if we concede a goal because someone doesn't run the ball into the corner to waste time. There is nothing wrong with time wasting as long as it doesn't start ridiculously early.

Smores

People actually care about this? feck me. If one of our players done it, there would be a thread with 4 pages of green smilies and gif's, instead people are getting upset! Christ.
It's fecking ridiculous. One of the most ridiculous things I've seen on here actually and there's a lot to choose from. This place gets more like RAWK all the time calling every opposition player a cnut

The only thing that was hurt was his pride

Dominos

They accept it because it's the refs job to add the time on. And because it's not up to the players to decide whether an injury is serious or not in which case we'd have players ragdolling players who are injured because they think they're time wasting.