Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

Rodgerzzz

Nearly forgot this guy existed until I remembered the PL was back soon and we'll all be watching Haaland make an absolute mockery of it again :lol: Funny how for players not appearing at the World Cup they almost fade away from the debate of this generations best player, listening to some people it feels like Mbappe is in a league of his own.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
I understand why Man Utd fans dont like him, but I personally find him pretty likeable. While he has a different personality from Zlatan, Zlatan being quite the unique character, I can see where the comparisons come from. They both have that confidence and arrogance but also that goofiness that makes them likeable to teammates and fans.

HookedOnAPhelan

He might not be a cnut (I suspect he is though), but he's definitely unfunny, with a cnut dad, and playing for a cnut club, which is more than enough reasons to hate him anyway.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
To think this big knobhead could’ve played for England and been at the WC with us…

What a git. I wonder if he regrets it?
The City superstar has scored 21 goals in 23 games for his country but will not be present at the World Cup after Norway failed to qualify for it.

"I lived here [England] for three-and-a-half or four years and I lived in Norway for such a long time, so then it was natural for me to choose Norway," Haaland told Goal. "You never know how it would be if maybe my father played longer in England or whatever, maybe I would be English, I don't know. But yeah, I'm Norwegian and I'm proud of it."
So basically he would’ve been English if Roy Keane didn’t end his father’s career. Thanks Keano!

Nero

I see we're still bumping his thread every time he scores.

Irrational.

Goal aside, he was pretty useless today. And this is a guy who has had over a month to rest and prepare for the restart. I’m noticing a theme here… he’s as pure a goalscorer as you can get, whilst not adding much more to the overall teamplay.

GlasgowCeltic

Haaland hype surely going to pushed to new levels for the rest of the season, the WC made clear the worlds best players aren’t in the Prem

KeanoMagicHat

He’s gonna destroy the rest of the PL after a rest against tired defences, plus it looks like KDB has a point to prove after the World Cup. Still though won’t win Ballon d’Or no matter how many goals he scores.

RedDevil@84

Yaawn!! Gets boring after some time. Goals are interesting when they are hard to get. Maybe biased

BerryBerryShrew

He’s gonna destroy the rest of the PL after a rest against tired defences, plus it looks like KDB has a point to prove after the World Cup. Still though won’t win Ballon d’Or no matter how many goals he scores.
You reckon? Ronaldo won 5 of the feckers by scoring a lot of goals while being relatively anonymous in general play, and that was while competing with a player who was far better than anyone coming through today. As long as City continue winning trophies he'll be right up there in the voting (unfortunately).

Spaghetti

Mom's
You reckon? Ronaldo won 5 of the feckers by scoring a lot of goals while being relatively anonymous in general play, and that was while competing with a player who was far better than anyone coming through today. As long as City continue winning trophies he'll be right up there in the voting (unfortunately).
Messi will win it.

Haaland was pretty shit but his goal was excellently taken. He is mainly about goals, but with the amount he gets, I guess it’s worth it.

Son

Your oil overlords are going to have to bid for Mbappe if they ever want City to be relevant by being known for having the future world’s best player. It isn’t even close.
As a United fan it is. Mbappe isn’t miles better at all. Haaland could easily dominate PSG in the Champions League if they draw each other.

The World Cup isn’t the highest level football wise and Haaland if he played for France would have scored a barrel full of goals too.

It’s not pretty but then neither is Mbappe when you compared him to Messi. If you ask me those are the 3 most effective players on the planet right now and not much between them for productivity as shown by the stats.

Haaland is probably the best finisher of all 3 but Messi should and will win the Ballon D’Or with Mbappe second for the World Cup final alone.

Next season Haaland carries on his club form yes he will deserve the Ballon D’Or.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Genuinely don't care if he only touches the ball twice in the game and one of them is a kickoff, long as the other is a goal.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
Goals win games and this guy scores a stupid amount of them. If they dry up I'll worry about the rest of his game.

Also Messi just cemented the next balon d'or but Haaland can for sure win one.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
This is why we need a serious owner. These kind of players being at City is a joke.

Telsim

Player of the highest calibre. City are just cheating by having him.

laughtersassassin

His finishing has been poor today. For sure been a bit rustier after the world cup break.

Still even with that he has 3 goals in the two games back.....

He won't be but he should for sure be in the running for Balon D'or. His rate of scoring is just undeniable

Last edited: