Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

Todd

13 goals in 23 remaining matches to set a new EPL record in his first season. Kid is something else.

Traub

Harry Kane is about to lose his only shot at ‘silverware’ for the rest of his career

Robbie Boy

The cat is unfortunately making PL history, thread should be bumped for milestones like this.

Not every goal, mind.
It is pretty much bumped everytime he scores, by certain United fans. I don't really mind tbh, but I do find it pretty odd.

LazyGoal

The cat is unfortunately making PL history, thread should be bumped for milestones like this.

Not every goal, mind.
Wow.

Erling Haaland scored his 70th and 71st non-penalty goals in European top 5 league football today, it’s taken him just over 70 90s worth of minutes.

Here’s how it compares to some all-time great forwards.

One of the most terrifying goal scorers to grace Europe.

That is 5 games faster than van Basten who was the privious record holder.

Sorry not allowed yet to post media so I cant provide link.

PSV

His finishing has been poor today. For sure been a bit rustier after the world cup break.

Still even with that he has 3 goals in the two games back.....

He won't be but he should for sure be in the running for Balon D'or. His rate of scoring is just undeniable
Our awful national team means he'll probably have only half the shots that someone like Mbappe will have.

Part of me hopes he'll get so good that we can play 8 defenders and 2 goalkeepers and shithouse our way to a major international trophy.

FattyFooty

Interesting interview with him after the game. Talked a bit more than he normaly do.

croadyman

Fecking hell we should have took him when at Molde,trouble was Mourinho wasn't a massive fan of developing players

Yakuza_devils

They almost spend their budget on Kane. Spurs refused to release Kane was a blessing in disguise for City. Don't think they can buy both Kane and Haaland. One of them have to sit on the bench and we know Kane doesn't like the bench.

Bondi77

Could be a good bet for Chps League if KDB continues to put it on a plate for the white Lukaku.

Ladron de redcafe

The all time record in a 38 match season is Salah's 32. He's going to obliterate the all time record and put it out of reach for almost anyone else.

Making the Premier League look like the Saudi league.

Biggins

He has everything to break every goal scoring record in PL and in Europe. To think that City might have missed on him if they had signed Ronaldo a season ago…

mu4c_20le

Could be worse, could've gone to Liverpool and created a new era of dominance for them.

justsomebloke

20 in 14, that equates to 76 goals over a full PL season. Not going to happen, but mind-bogglingly, there may be a chance he reaches a goal total that would be sufficient to win the Rocket Richard Trophy as the top goalscorer in the NHL (with its 82-game season). Just think about that.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Could be a good bet for Chps League if KDB continues to put it on a plate for the white Lukaku.
The signing of Haaland instantly made them favourites for the CL in my eyes, even before the season started. I thought they might be a bit weaker in the league, but he provided them the thing that they had been previously missing in the CL.

20 in 14, that equates to 76 goals over a full PL season. Not going to happen, but mind-bogglingly, there may be a chance he reaches a goal total that would be sufficient to win the Rocket Richard Trophy as the top goalscorer in the NHL (with its 82-game season). Just think about that.
Eh? Might want to check your maths there. 20 goals in 14 games extends out to 54 goals in 38, not 76 goals.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How many games do you think there are in a full Premier league season!!

90 + 5min

Brilliant goalscorer. It is so wierd seeing a player score goal after goal when his overall game is not that great. But he don't need to care, nor do fans or manager.

However, question is if this is good for ManCity in their overall game? You never want to rely on just one player scoring goals. Almosst 50% of their goals have come from him.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Brilliant goalscorer. It is so wierd seeing a player score goal after goal when his overall game is not that great. But he don't need to care, nor do fans or manager.

However, question is if this is good for ManCity in their overall game? You never want to rely on just one player scoring goals. Almosst 50% of their goals have come from him.
Overall goals is more important, i feel, aren't City scoring slightly more than last season at current rate?

Don't think they are better than last season overall though.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
will he score this much if he is playing for United ?
He scored a lot for a shit Dortmund, why shouldn't he do it for United? United definitely is in a better tactical shape then Dortmund in the last months

mark.ward82

That equates to 76 goals in a season? You need to recheck your mathematics my friend. 20/14 = 1.42. 1.42x38 = 54.28 goals. That’s assuming he continues to score at his current rate and remains injury free and plays every game.

As for goat no way. Best goal scorer in the world yes, best player no. Those who think he is a better player than Mbappe have been playing too much FIFA, he is a poacher, a good one but a poacher. I genuinely can’t recall any point this season where he has contributed moments of magic and skill like Mbappe does. People can talk all day about how good Man City are but they are 5 points off the pace from a side with a fraction of the budget. “He is a cheat code” if so why are they not top?????

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Overall goals is more important, i feel, aren't City scoring slightly more than last season at current rate?

Don't think they are better than last season overall though.
They are scoring a lot more, but they're also conceding more. Last season after 15 they had 32G:9GA, this season it's 43G:15GA

Haaland has *failed* to score in 5 games so far, one of which he played 45 minutes and one was the community shield. In the other 3 games, he had an assits in one. So he's directly contributed to a goal in all but 4 games he played in, one of which was the community shield and the other a game in which he played 45 minutes and City were happy to draw anyways. He has appeared in 20 games, which means he's scored in 75% of his appearances...

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I'm sure he'll pulverize Salah's record but I'm still not sold on him actually improving City. He's insanely dangerous when they create many chances anyway but did they really need somebody who made them even better when everything works out for them anyway? Because I feel he worsens their problems when they struggle with an opponent.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I'm sure he'll pulverize Salah's record but I'm still not sold on him actually improving City. He's insanely dangerous when they create many chances anyway but did they really need somebody who made them even better when everything works out for them anyway? Because I feel he worsens their problems when they struggle with an opponent.
That's the big question. While he adds punch for matches City control but lack end product, he also makes it more difficult for them to control matches. Which of these two effects will prove to have the bigger influence on their season results remains to be seen.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
I think they are lacking wingers that run in behind and with that inverted fullback nonsense, they don't even have full backs to run in behind. Everthing is in front of the defenders.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
he missed 3 sitters. He should have scored 5 instead.
One of the things I really hate about modern football online chat is how overused the word 'sitter' has become. All three of the chances you're describing were literally just that - chances.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
They are scoring a lot more, but they're also conceding more. Last season after 15 they had 32G:9GA, this season it's 43G:15GA

Haaland has *failed* to score in 5 games so far, one of which he played 45 minutes and one was the community shield. In the other 3 games, he had an assits in one. So he's directly contributed to a goal in all but 4 games he played in, one of which was the community shield and the other a game in which he played 45 minutes and City were happy to draw anyways. He has appeared in 20 games, which means he's scored in 75% of his appearances...
So, they have improved offensively then, though, they also concede more compared to last season, dont know if some of that has to do with Haaland or not, i watch City not very often tbh.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
One of the things I really hate about modern football online chat is how overused the word 'sitter' has become. All three of the chances you're describing were literally just that - chances.
Being one on one with goalkeeper is a sitter all day long.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Also, his 2nd goal was not an easy finish, so one could say he shouldn't have scored that instead, you score some you miss some.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Being one on one with goalkeeper is a sitter all day long.
Bollocks is it. A sitter is an easy chance you'd expect any professional footballer to score. One-on-ones have never come under that category.