Nordic Ghost Yeti (Scandi Carroll) | Haaland at City

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Will it be a bit like Ronaldo is a few years, where while he smashes in goals, he might be detrimental to the team?

I think if City don't win the UCL or don't win a few titles in a row those conversations will come in tbh.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

My prediction of 40+ PL goals might be slightly off, looks set for 50. Funny remembering how people laughed at him after his first couple of "bad" games, especially the community shield one.
Reckon 40 PL goals is doable. I do also think that might come at the expense of a PL winners medal.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Can someone find stats in terms of goals scored by Man City at the same matchday between this season and others ?
After 15 games last season they were 32:9, this season is 44:15.
20/21 they were 23:12
19/20 was 43:17 (interestingly they were 11 points behind Pool at this stage despite scoring that many goals)
18/19 was 45:7

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Can someone find stats in terms of goals scored by Man City at the same matchday between this season and others ?
44 this season with a half to go or:

- 12 more than in 2021/22 season
- 19 more than in 2020/21 season
- scored the same amount, 44 in season 2019/20
- 1 less than in 2018/19

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
44 this season with a half to go or:

- 12 more than in 2021/22 season
- 19 more than in 2020/21 season
- scored the same amount, 44 in season 2019/20
- 1 less than in 2018/19
Kinda dispels what was hoping to be inferred from that data.

Telsim

Look at him during the goal. This guy's head is on a swivel the entire time, constantly scanning his surroundings for opponent's position and free space to move into. Absolute monster player. Unbelievable.

He's ridiculous. He looks like hes an adult in a kids league. If he can avoid second season syndrome he will be easily the best I've seen in England.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

From Transfermakt on Matchday 16.

Was a bit surprised to see they were as deadly in those 2 seasons. They scored 102 goals in 2019/20 btw (and lost the league).
From what I can see they haven't increased their goal tally at all. Bear in mind they back to backed 5-0's early in the season, hit Leeds for 7 as well and 6 past Leicester, that's 23 in four fixtures.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Haaland is a good example of why football is more than just stats - he is clearly an unstoppable goal-scoring machine but unless you are a City fan he is also an annoying, completely uninspiring and unlikeable creature.

p.s. of course I am biased, I an a United fan for feck's sake :) but I stand behind these words!

mu4c_20le

He's ridiculous. He looks like hes an adult in a kids league. If he can avoid second season syndrome he will be easily the best I've seen in England.
Stick prime Ronaldo in that city side and probably see similar.

Just goes to show how our league hasn't had a world class 9 in a long time

Jim Beam

Murder on Zidanes Floor

Jim Beam

Feck, you're right.

So what's the goals per game?

21/22: 51 goal / 20 games = 2.55

22/23: 41 goal / 16 games = 2.56

I stand corrected, it's been a huge increase in goals per game :lol:
They scored 44 by now, that's 2.65 :D but generally, you do have a point, they don't score much more (or at all) with him in the team. Especially when you take into account past seasons as well.

troylocker

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Ok, so it's 51 goals in 21/22 to December 29th. Match day 20 - Brentford.

Everton today is matchday 18. December 31st.

Like, I don't get what people are reading here. Five games more? It's not. It's two games.
They are playing their 16th match this season and cutrently on 44 goals. Your counting i wrong. After 16 matches last season they were on 33 goals. Move on

EliotTheRed

Previous seasons City would have more of their players having a share of the goals. This season however he is, not necessarily the focal point of the attack, but the final point in an attack.

He’s getting all the goals as an individual rather than City sharing them out. Whether it’s to the detriment of the team over the course of the season remains to be seen, but I’ve no doubt he’ll smash individual scoring records.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

They scored 44 by now, that's 2.65 :D but generally, you do have a point, they don't score much more (or at all) with him in the team. Especially when you take into account past seasons as well.
Which, if he doesn't revert slightly to the mean (which is likely), then they haven't improved in that sense, which is paradoxical in a sense.

Jim Beam

Previous seasons City would have more of their players having a share of the goals. This season however he is, not necessarily the focal point of the attack, but the final point in an attack.

He’s getting all the goals as an individual rather than City sharing them out. Whether it’s to the detriment of the team over the course of the season remains to be seen, but I’ve no doubt he’ll smash individual scoring records.
Yeah, in 2019/20 you had 5 City players with 10+ goals in EPL. Which is kinda crazy as well.

troylocker

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
It’s 2,75, but whatever

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Let's see if he helps them in their cl conquest or not, that's the primary reason they bought him in the first place.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
It'll be in the Champions League where he makes the big difference IMO.
Yes, let's see.

I - sadly - predict that he'll do very well there too.

He could prove to be that truly extreme factor Pep lacked at Bayern and has lacked - so far - at City.

If that happens, a lot of people will have to eat crow. With regard to Haaland, obviously - but also with regard to Pep (I would argue).

Whatever - we'll see soon enough.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Let's see if he helps them in their cl conquest or not, that's the primary reason they bought him in the first place.
I think having a S tier striker in your squad is a bonus no matter what.

KeanoMagicHat

Haaland is great and everything but I wonder do City have less control now, which in turn exposes some of their defenders and their overrated keeper? Injuries in defence haven’t helped obviously but feels while their attack is more potent, you can get at them more this season so far.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Haaland is great and everything but I wonder do City have less control now, which in turn exposes some of their defenders and their overrated keeper? Injuries in defence haven’t helped obviously but feels while their attack is more potent, you can get at them more this season so far.
I think it's more to do with their backline not being consistently fit than Haaland tbh