Not able to log in? [Solution available]

Ady87

For IE, I tried clearing cookies with CCleaner software also removing all temporary files folder. I'm assuming you may not be able to install CCleaner but try removing temp files folder contents.
Thanks. Managed to fix it on my laptop after deleting temp files. Usually don't have the rights to do that on work laptops but fortunately on my new one I do. Still can't log in on my iPad which is where I do most of my posting!

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
It is to do with cookies but I'm guessing the issue arises when people use multiple devices for browsing with the same IP @Niall
I don't think it's that. XenForo doesn't log you out on a device if you last used the site on a different device.

Something screwy is definitely going on with the cookies but I can't diagnose it on my end as I've never had this problem. Next time it happens to you would you be able to PM me a list of the cookies in your browser for this domain? Even a screenshot will do.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I don't think it's that. XenForo doesn't log you out on a device if you last used the site on a different device.

Something screwy is definitely going on with the cookies but I can't diagnose it on my end as I've never had this problem. Next time it happens to you would you be able to PM me a list of the cookies in your browser for this domain? Even a screenshot will do.
Ok, will take the Redcafe cookies and send it to you.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Thanks. Managed to fix it on my laptop after deleting temp files. Usually don't have the rights to do that on work laptops but fortunately on my new one I do. Still can't log in on my iPad which is where I do most of my posting!
Can you install Chrome in ipad? Then try my previous post about clicking the i and removing the cookies. If you are able to install Chrome and see cookies, please take a screenshot of the cookies as well for @Niall. Don't know when it will happen to me again.

twitter thread suggester
Now I've been hit on iOS as well.

Problem is I have no intention of deleting all of my web data, and my website list is over 1000 sites long and finding RedCafe is like finding a needle in a haystack because apple hasn't made a simple search function. Any ideas how many kb RedCafe normally is?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Now I've been hit on iOS as well.

Problem is I have no intention of deleting all of my web data, and my website list is over 1000 sites long and finding RedCafe is like finding a needle in a haystack because apple hasn't made a simple search function. Any ideas how many kb RedCafe normally is?
So what issues are you seeing? If you visit https://www.redcafe.net/login does it work?

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
If it's worth mentioning, pointing your browser to redcafe.net/logout and then proceeding to log back in works for me whenever that issue comes up.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
If it's worth mentioning, pointing your browser to redcafe.net/logout and then proceeding to log back in works for me whenever that issue comes up.
Nice tip. I've updated the original post with this advice. Thanks.

Still stumped as to why this is happening as I've never encountered this problem before :(

Moonred

Nice tip. I've updated the original post with this advice. Thanks.

Still stumped as to why this is happening as I've never encountered this problem before :(
This happened right after some changes done to the login/out system right?

It's not getting logged out properly since then which is cascading into a login problem as well. Happened to me twice so far.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
This happened right after some changes done to the login/out system right?

It's not getting logged out properly since then which is cascading into a login problem as well. Happened to me twice so far.
Yeah it did but not sure why it would have this side effect. Basically I removed the login form on every page (the drop down form when you click "Log in or Sign up" at the top of every page when logged out). That link now sends you directly to the full login page. This is to minimise the impact of an upcoming change in Chrome that will flag non-HTTPS pages that have a password field in them as "Insecure".

I'm going to roll back that change now and see if this stops happening for people.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Actually first I'm going to blow away the server side cache and see if that makes a difference.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Interesting, it just happened to me for the first time. Progress of a sort.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Ok this should be fixed now. It was a subtle bug relating to cookies and the server side cache which was made more prominent after the recent changes to the login form.

Glad to get it sorted, it has been around since the switch to XenForo :eek: