Not able to log in? [Solution available]

ManUtd1999

Just for others who use Chrome and can't login due to issues (even login just redirects to home page)

1) Open Redcafe on Chrome
2) Click the 'i' (i with a circle) in the address bar. In the latest Chrome versions, this is located at the start of address before, just before the 'www' part of the address
3) On clicking the i, you get loads of information about the site, like connection details, cookies and permissions. In the cookies section, there would be a link which says the number of cookies redcafe has planted in your computer. For me, it is 7, for others, it may be higher/lower. Click that link
4) You would see Cookies grouped by URL. Click on each of the URL/folder and click Remove
5) Try logging in and it should work
This worked well for me. Thank you!

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
Just for others who use Chrome and can't login due to issues (even login just redirects to home page)

2) Click the 'i' (i with a circle) in the address bar. In the latest Chrome versions, this is located at the start of address before, just before the 'www' part of the address
3) On clicking the i, you get loads of information about the site, like connection details, cookies and permissions. In the cookies section, there would be a link which says the number of cookies redcafe has planted in your computer. For me, it is 7, for others, it may be higher/lower. Click that link
4) You would see Cookies grouped by URL. Click on each of the URL/folder and click Remove
cheers geez

Red_toad

Can't log in at all on my iPad, but no issues on my iPhone.
Any clue as to what I should do?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

Perfect. Thanks!

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
Cant log in using Firefox on my work laptop. Cleared all cookies etc but it just refreshes after I enter my log in details. It was working on Friday afternoon

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Just had this on iOS & safari. Had to go into settings app and clear browsing history of the Safari section to restore.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds

Cheers!

BUGGS

I'm unable to log in with firefox, i click the log in button but nothing happens. I'm currently logged in with chrome no problem.

Feedingseagulls

I can log in with chrome no problem, I have issues with firefox. If i click the "i" on firefox, i get:

www.redcafe.net
Connection Is Not Secure

Permissions
You have not granted this site any special permissions
I did the same. If you go into the arrowed bit of "Connection Is Not Secure" and then click on the "More Information" at the bottom of the box, you can find the elements you need. I deleted all cookies, and also took popups off default and allowed them. Not sure if you need the latter.

Then I could log in.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep

Thank you!

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
I can log in with chrome no problem, I have issues with firefox. If i click the "i" on firefox, i get:

www.redcafe.net
Connection Is Not Secure

Permissions
You have not granted this site any special permissions
I had the problem with Firefox and as FS says in #134 the info is there.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
@Niall have three Android devices, i use chrome on all of them. I cannot log in to the Caf from one device. I get redirected to main page.
Go in settings on the top right, then click on the info icon ( i in a circle), then site settings - clear and reset.

Refresh and login.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Can someone help me out with getting back logged in with Safari on Mac please?
Had that issue on safari on my phone. Clicking on login and page refreshes instead of taking me to the actual login page. I cleared my internet history and data in safari settings, tried again and no issues

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
If this issue crops up again for anybody after they have cleared their cookies and all is well again, please tell me in this thread. I want to know if this is a problem that keeps coming back.

Last edited:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I have just been logged out and couldn't log back in again. Followed your advice and deleted the cookies and it seems OK. Will let you know if any further problems.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I keep getting logged out, even after clearing my cookies earlier in the day. It does let me log back in now, but it's annoying to have to keep doing so. I'm on Chrome on my mobile if that matters.

Also, I'm just getting a continous loading icon whenever i try to go from one forum to another eg football to general. It's happening to others too.

spwd

I've just logged in on my iPhone which I've not cleared anything off but can't login on my iPad which I've cleared everything off, both on safari, missed putting my line up for the match, also I didn't see anything from redcafe when I cleared the website data?

spwd

I've just logged in on my iPhone which I've not cleared anything off but can't login on my iPad which I've cleared everything off, both on safari, missed putting my line up for the match, also I didn't see anything from redcafe when I cleared the website data?
Kept trying different pages but couldn't login but somehow got into my conversations and I was logged in but when I went to a forum, I was logged out, managed to post on @Damien wall but then tried transfer forum I think and again I was logged out, did this a few times and somehow I'm logged in now and it seems to be sorted now although I didn't try to login again.

Ady87

Can't login on my iPad or my new works laptop using IE (can't install another browser).

Making life very difficult as browsing on my phone isn't a great experience but that's not down to RC!

I've tried deleting cookies in Advanced settings for iOS. Didn't work. When I search for me as a user on my iPad it takes me to my profile page where I look logged in then as soon as I click forums I'm logged out again so it's obviously cookie related but I can't figure it out.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Can't login on my iPad or my new works laptop using IE (can't install another browser).

Making life very difficult as browsing on my phone isn't a great experience but that's not down to RC!

I've tried deleting cookies in Advanced settings for iOS. Didn't work. When I search for me as a user on my iPad it takes me to my profile page where I look logged in then as soon as I click forums I'm logged out again so it's obviously cookie related but I can't figure it out.
For IE, I tried clearing cookies with CCleaner software also removing all temporary files folder. I'm assuming you may not be able to install CCleaner but try removing temp files folder contents.