Number 10 shirt | Rashford officially our new #10

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
At the WC Sterling played in the #10 and Jesse #7. He might have had either the 7 or 10 for games during the qualifiers.
Ah, cheers, that's where I remember him wearing it. He definitely had the #10 in some games I've watched, had to be qualifiers.

Gopher Brown

I don’t think any shirt numbers mean that much to the English. The 7 is an important number at United only. Can’t think of any other English clubs with a number fetish.
Loads of clubs have special numbers, don’t be silly.

Number 9 at Newcastle has some sort of weird mystique. I remember a big deal about Les Ferdinand having to give it to Shearer when he signed.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Is Jamie Redknapp still saying Rashford should leave?

Rake

Were people actually expecting us to sign someone worthy of the number 10 shirt? Even if we get a winger, doubt he would have worn it.

Minimalist

Weird choice but whatever. Hopefully spurs him on a bit.

Probably would have given it to Lingard over Rashford.

PoTMS

Meh, Lingard deserves it more but both are underwhelming to say the least considering our #10's in the past.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It's a number on a shirt. The only possible outcome is that it will give a young player more confidence.

beingshe7don

No one deserves to wear the No. 10 in our current squad. Rashford is not a striker or a playmaker. He's a winger who can occasionally play upfront. He's got poor positioning, does not find spaces for himself to receive the ball and his shooting is terrible. Not sure what the club was thinking with giving him the No. 10. Terrible marketing plan.

Kostur

海尔的老板
No one deserves to wear the No. 10 in our current squad. Rashford is not a striker or a playmaker. He's a winger who can occasionally play upfront. He's got poor positioning, does not find spaces for himself to receive the ball and his shooting is terrible. Not sure what the club was thinking with giving him the No. 10. Terrible marketing plan.
Yeah we should make them wear some shit numbers like 68 or 80 so other kids at school can point and laugh at them.

Also, imagine this conversation: Mourinho tells Rashford that he's taking the #10 away from him, Marcus asks why, Mou responds:

No one deserves to wear the No. 10 in our current squad. You are not a striker or a playmaker. You are a winger who can occasionally play upfront. You have got poor positioning, do not find spaces for yourself to receive the ball and your shooting is terrible. Not sure what the club was thinking with giving you the No. 10. Terrible marketing plan.
Sort of reminds me of this Zlatan/Pep meme with bears.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I love Rashford but I think this is far too soon for him. Should've been kept for a signing.
Why when we're clearly not in the market for anyone that plays in that position?

Rashford is a striker. Strikers wear 10.

Fooza

Start of the last season I said it's time he starts stepping up (along with Martial) This year is huge for the lad, really hope it works out.

beingshe7don

Yeah we should make them wear some shit numbers like 68 or 80 so other kids at school can point and laugh at them.
Because the one he was wearing No. 19 was completely absurd.... You're such an IDIOT.

beingshe7don

Why when we're clearly not in the market for anyone that plays in that position?

Rashford is a striker. Strikers wear 10.
He hasn't even reached his potential and his growth has kind of stunted in the last season or so. Strikers are known for their finishing and Rashford's finishing is atrocious. Cole, Van Nistelrooy, Rooney.... were all No. 10s but Rashford hasn't reached that level yet.

Irrational.

Well deserved. Delighted for him, and I really hope he kicks on this season. Also hope this means he'll be played more centrally as well.

3KDré

Don’t think it should have been given to him. He hasn’t earned it

luke511

He comes from the academy and it'll add value to his name, just hope it doesn't go to his head like the wonderkid hype did.

siw2007

Thrilled that one of our best young talents who has come through the academy is now wearing one of the most prestigious shirt numbers at the club.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It is well deserved he's an exciting young player. He should hopefully play a lot of minutes this season, and if he gets the chances I'm sure he'll score lots of goals.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
#MR10???? ffs, nooo.

Next thing #MR10 underwear, #MR10 headphones, #MR10 dance & dab lessons, #MR10 stupid celebrations...

Please Marcus, stay firmly down on the ground, don't think I can stand another one of social media football players.

(I know, I'm old, and yes, I miss good old days when players were men and more interested in playing football)

I have high hopes in Marcus, don't disappoint me, pleaseee.

I don’t think any shirt numbers mean that much to the English. The 7 is an important number at United only. Can’t think of any other English clubs with a number fetish.
What a load of rubbish - numbers mean something to all clubs. No 9 at most clubs is a massive honour.

Don’t think it should have been given to him. He hasn’t earned it
Much rather have a great young player given a first team number than the latest shiney new signing (please let’s not bring up lack of signings). Well done Rashford, very well deserved.