Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Christ he's buzzing to be here. His Instagram story is an endless stream of people congratulating him. :lol:
Good to see. I can't wait for him to get his first goal.

Walters_19_MuFc

His eyes must have lit up when he was through one vs one against Cabellero. Just think it came too early for him, unfortunately. Did fine in the time he was on though. Held it up well and kept it nice and simple.

billybee99

Decent cameo. His hold-up play is light years ahead of Martial’s and I can see him being our first-choice centre-forward within the next few weeks. Martial will go out wide and James will get a well-earned rest.
This. He held the ball up better in a 5 minute cameo than anyone since Ibra. Hope this is a sign of good things to come.

Ace of Spades

He is physically imposing, and we need that. A lot of our attackers are too easily brushed off. Think there was a moment where he outmuscled Zouma, amd that is impressive.

ash_86

Few minutes he was in and he already created a chance for himself though the was sandwiched between two defenders. His hold up play was also quite good.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
And Martial has been here five years and has ‘held up’ the play about the same number of times.

(I really like Martial but I don’t think he has the all-round game to lead the line at the top level. Ighalo’s strength with his back to goal is a step up from Martial’s. It’s well documented, not just based on tonight.)
Martial normally has fairly good hold-up play. Not amazing, but significantly better than Lukaku for instance. I have no idea what happened against Chelsea though as he couldn't hold up a feather in that match.

Ander herrera the warrior

So we’d be replacing Martial then? I don’t see a 25 goals a season striker would be willing to be sat on the bench a lot at United.
Ole has his striker and Greenwood needs to develop, so I’d imagine we’re looking for an able stand in, not a nailed on starter.
That 25 a goal season striker won't be on the bench, Martial would be. Ole needs be ruthless in this and show Martial the bench next season. We need a proper number 9. Martial is good enough as of now.

nikineil

How can you get this opinion? He bodied Rudiger a 6'4 brick shithouse, he sped in behind a Chelsea back line of athletes.

He had about 4 minutes on the pitch, how on earth can you gather he looks out of shape? this forum is mental.
:lol::lol: How dare you make sense here! Off with you.

tjb

That 25 a goal season striker won't be on the bench, Martial would be. Ole needs be ruthless in this and show Martial the bench next season. We need a proper number 9. Martial is good enough as of now.
Its sink or swim for Martial now. If he cannot produce better performances than Ighalo, we need to move him on. His salary is too expensive to bench. Hopefully PSG or a chinese club have the money to waste on him. Who knows, maybe Inter want to continue their raid of the Premier League.

flappyjay

I guess the people who criticized this loan look clueless when you compare whats gone down at Spurs and Barcelona.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Martial normally has fairly good hold-up play. Not amazing, but significantly better than Lukaku for instance. I have no idea what happened against Chelsea though as he couldn't hold up a feather in that match.
Martial has been like that for a good 8 games in a row or something like that. That is when I started noticing it anyways. Martial has the skills and strength to do it, the question is just if he can learn the mental part and add trickery to play with his back against defenders. Lukaku also had the physique and power to do it, but not the assuredness and know how. Sometimes he was great at hold up sometimes horrible, same as Martial. But he can still improve, unlike Lukaku. Someone like Suarez who was aggressive and consistent at it could be someone to model his game after. Even with less physique, he just had bags of tricks that made him so hard to take out. If you got a defender on your back, make him pay for overcommitting. Martial seems to insecure on the ball at times.

Fair play to Martial against Chelsea though as he didn't budge and in the end he gave the defender an elbow and proceeded to score from their next duel :drool:

Also, Ighalo looked great. Should give Martial some fair competition.

Brugge 1:1 Man Utd

Yagami

Good post resistant
Did people take note of the amount of runs he made off the ball?

And did people take note of how many times he was ignored?

He's going to suffer the same fate as Zlatan, Lukaku, Rashford and Martial without Pogba. Unless Bruno brings his Sporting form over.

M16Red

Did people take note of the amount of runs he made off the ball?

And did people take note of how many times he was ignored?

He's going to suffer the same fate as Zlatan, Lukaku, Rashford and Martial without Pogba. Unless Bruno brings his Sporting form over.
Martial - I'm not sure he makes runs as a CF, but that is his job to run the space

Teja

He looks pretty eh so far. Couple of poor touches / passes, lacks sharpness. Willing runner though.

ShinjiNinja26

He was getting into good positions and making quality runs that were going unnoticed but it’s only Bruno that’s capable of playing the pass through to him. Still needs time to properly get up to speed as well.

M16Red

He doesn't make as many runs as we'd like to see a CF make, but he does make them
Maybe down the channels. This chap is playing for his childhood team I'm sure there will be team mates playing over the top to him soon enough.

I think he gives a target and will allow us to push the opponents back, creating space.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Looks big. I remember him being leaner and quicker at Watford, that anyone else’s memory?

DoomSlayer

I think he looks good, especially for someone who hasn't had the time to get proper training and not played in a while.

LJJT

I know he only got 20 mins but I was a bit underwhelmed with him tonight. He had feck all to feed off mind you. Surprised he didn’t come in sooner really and play in a 2 with Martial

UnitedChampionsAgain

Can't be too hard on him yet as he's been involved so little, but so far his touch is looking pretty bad, almost Lukakuesque. More likely to stand on the ball than produce anything of quality. Keep hearing about all the extra training he's done but he can't be doing much work on the ball. I hope it's just a case of him knocking the rust off.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Looks big. I remember him being leaner and quicker at Watford, that anyone else’s memory?
He would of course be quicker at 25/26, but I was surprised by his size. I also remembered him differently. I wonder if his first touch is better than Lukaku's.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Does look off pace and bit overwhelmed with where he has found himself in. Will judge him in 2-3 weeks. Unfortunately we don't really have that much time for him to settle. Needs to fastrack his involvement.

RedDevilRoshi

This is effectively pre-season for him. He hasn’t played a competitive game since early December.

Godfather

It won't get much better with him sadly. That's what you get when you sign players that spent too much time in China.

Especially if they weren't all that from the beginning.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Still very jumpy and tense when he gets the ball. You can see he's still in a 'dont feck up dont feck up dont feck up' mentality rather than one of pure confidence and endevour. A goal might help him settle those nerves but until then I'm very glad we can give Martial a proper rest when needed.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
He would of course be quicker at 25/26, but I was surprised by his size. I also remembered him differently. I wonder if his first touch is better than Lukaku's.
Same. Signing a temporary striker who’s out of shape and needs time to get up to fitness doesn’t seem a great move

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
It won't get much better with him sadly. That's what you get when you sign players that spent too much time in China.

Especially if they weren't all that from the beginning.
Man’s expecting him to score a hat trick in the short amount of time he’s been given.

Didn’t score. Didn’t impress me. Must be shite.

Ugh. Nothing like letting him get minutes in eh?

Greck

He's been bulky for a long time now. Was especially so last world cup where he turned with th guile of an oil tanker and seemed to move in slow motion. Even when 'fit' he looks thick like a mini bodybuilder. In fact he isn't unfit, this is who he is today. Wouldn't even have bet he could still cope at PL level before we got him

Last edited:

Litch

Crazy some of the comments. Guys barely been on the pitch but I thought he had some nice touches......

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Same. Signing a temporary striker who’s out of shape and needs time to get up to fitness doesn’t seem a great move
Oh, I think it’s better to have him rather than no one. And better than to have spunked 25m on King. But we did have since March last year to plan for a striker (when we knew Rom was off)...

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He's been bulky for a long time now. Was especially so last world cup where he turned with th guile of an oil tanker and seemed to move in slow motion. Even when 'fit' he looks thick like a mini bodybuilder. In fact he isn't unfit, this is who he is today. Wouldn't even have bet he could still cope at PL level before we got him
You ought to be a professional scout. You can tell so much from a player who has no pre-season and has played all of 25mins so far.

Congrats. You da Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.