Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
7 pages and he's not even kicked a ball yet !

already a longer thread than squad players who have played several games

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If he can get fit, I think he may surprise a few people

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
How much we paying him?
Does it really matter?

Never really understood fans fascination with player wages to be honest.

More of a meh kinda feeling

*hypothetical* Oh they’re paying Ronaldo £900,00 a week? Ah cool.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Geezer’s a gunslinger, that’s why

ants7

No offence to Ighalo but getting really sick of the articles stuffed down the fans throat about his passion, effort, etc. It was good at first but now at least for me it is counterproductive. Everything we hear about our players from official sources and Ole is effort and passion. What about quality?

Again, this is not offence towards Ighalo. Happy for him and hope he does well, for his and our sake. But the club is milking it and at least I am fed up with it.

TheReligion

Abusive
No offence to Ighalo but getting really sick of the articles stuffed down the fans throat about his passion, effort, etc. It was good at first but now at least for me it is counterproductive. Everything we hear about our players from official sources and Ole is effort and passion. What about quality?

Again, this is not offence towards Ighalo. Happy for him and hope he does well, for his and our sake. But the club is milking it and at least I am fed up with it.
Perhaps the club should apologise for being positive

Renegade

Does it really matter?

Never really understood fans fascination with player wages to be honest.

More of a meh kinda feeling

*hypothetical* Oh they’re paying Ronaldo £900,00 a week? Ah cool.
Does it bother you how much Sanchez is paid?

of course it matters. Team morale, return in investment.

how happy would you be if Jones was being paid the same as Rashford?

Brightonian

Stop reading the articles?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Personally no

Wouldn’t care if Jones is on same wage as Rashford either

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
You certainly can’t hate his commitment to united he seems like he’d run through a brick wall for united considering how much he loves the club.

Could go either way in terms of how effective he is for us but I’m looking forward to seeing him in action. I hope he can fill his dreams while here.

Last edited:

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I’m calling it now. Think we’ll give him a short term deal in the summer. Think he’ll impress enough to be our back up striker for the next year or two.

Ventura

Personally no

Wouldn’t care if Jones is on same wage as Rashford either
As I mentioned somewhere, we are paying Sanchez £60-80m in wages over his contract. Because of that we can NOT buy 1-2 very good players who could actually do a job. You see, when money is spent on one thing (in this case pouring it down the drain), then it cannot be spent on something else. Simple logic, really. And that's the reason why we care about how the club spend money. Spend it badly on something, and we can't spend it well on something else.

ROFLUTION

Personally I think people are blowing it up quite a bit. We signed him for next to nothing, so the money saved there went into his salary, which is why it's high.

Only thing is probably how other players perceive it. Don't think a teammate's salary should make you unhappy or envious - not sure the players agree, but with the wages they are paid, they have money to live off for the rest of their lives and should by default be kind of thankful for just that.

Mani

As always expectations are high here.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

macheda14

Maybe because he played fewer games than pretty much everyone above him for in a team that came two positions above relegation?
In my opinion I don't think we can really look at his stats in China anyway because the quality is well well below the prem, however there have been quite a few people in this thread using his stats to put him down without looking at the wider context i.e. games played and quality of his team.
The season prior when he played every game he was second in the goalscorers chart.

UnofficialDevil

Maybe because he played fewer games than pretty much everyone above him for in a team that came two positions above relegation?
In my opinion I don't think we can really look at his stats in China anyway because the quality is well well below the prem, however there have been quite a few people in this thread using his stats to put him down without looking at the wider context i.e. games played and quality of his team.
The season prior when he played every game he was second in the goalscorers chart.
So he played a few games in one of the crappier teams of the Chinese league yet he is going to be good in the premier league. I wouldnt even be convinced if we had got the top scorer from the best team in that league.

meamth

He could be a classic case of a late bloomer.

Or he could be a total flop.

Either way, I can't wait to see him playing. He represents all of us abroad, a fan with a dream to play for United.

UnofficialDevil

He could be a classic case of a late bloomer.

Or he could be a total flop.

Either way, I can't wait to see him playing. He represents all of us abroad, a fan with a dream to play for United.
Ive always had a dream to play for United doesnt mean I should. Ole probably always dreamed of managing United and look how that went.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So he played a few games in one of the crappier teams of the Chinese league yet he is going to be good in the premier league. I wouldnt even be convinced if we had got the top scorer from the best team in that league.
Ibrahimovic came from USA straight to Seria A and is doing well. I don't know quite how USA compares to China but I imagine the level is similar.

Ighalo is probably not playing to his fullest potential there, he's just taking the money and having fun. At United he's going to be giving 110% effort, and he knows what it takes to play at this level already.

macheda14

I always find it funny when someone makes a statement, which gets refuted, and then they just make a completely different point.
At no point did I say he would perform well, more that your cherry picking of stats was entirely misrepresentative of his time in China.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Beyond ridiculous that we got ourselves in a situation where we needed to get a player on loan from the Chinese league, and waited until fecking deadline day to bother sorting it out (seriously think Woodward might just have what himself at the idea of a mass walkout on live tv as otherwise it makes no sense timing wise).

I do really hope he does well though. Even if not, I'd rather watch someone try and give their all, who's willing to take a pay cut just to be here, than watch someone like Sanchez mope about despite being the highest paid man in the world.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Not because of the fake age African stereotype but his face looks a lot older than 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.