6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazautd18

People talking about disrespect in a thread shitting on our own player Martial in favour of a guy that's been whoring out in a dustbin league for 3 years purely for money, crazy.
Which is why he took a pay cut to join.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Bit of spin on this...

He's in China which overpays its players to begin with, and he's getting older - which is when many players begin to earn less.

Says nothing about him as a player or his character of course, he generally seems like a nice guy.

Last edited:

youmeletsfly

People talking about disrespect in a thread shitting on our own player Martial in favour of a guy that's been whoring out in a dustbin league for 3 years purely for money, crazy.
So you're Ighalo now, you know you're not a high caliber player and you can't demand a high salary in Europe. Someone offers you 300K a week in China, do you go or not?

Football is a job, a job that lasts for 12-15 years at best and you need to make the most out of it, be it on a financial or a sporting level. The guy has a family, of course he went for the 300K, jesus.

People are shitting on Martial because he's been here 5 seasons and hasn't improved a bit, can play only one position and is lazy as feck. You should be able to spot the difference.

romufc

So you're Ighalo now, you know you're not a high caliber player and you can't demand a high salary in Europe. Someone offers you 300K a week in China, do you go or not?

Football is a job, a job that lasts for 12-15 years at best and you need to make the most out of it, be it on a financial or a sporting level. The guy has a family, of course he went for the 300K, jesus.

People are shitting on Martial because he's been here 5 seasons and hasn't improved a bit, can play only one position and is lazy as feck. You should be able to spot the difference.

You also have to remember where these players come from. In African countries, the pay gap is huge so if its either playing for Watford for 50k a week or in China for 300k a week, ofcourse they will chose the money. They are already away from their home and families.

The fact that he is willing to take a pay cut to play for us shows that he will care and one thing is for sure he will give his all.

Artorias

Hope that we sell both Martial and Pogba, i'm tired of those lazy... You know. At least Odion will play for the badge.

Devil may care

This is the worst post I have ever read on here.

By the way, criticism of players is not disrespect, but the language you've used to describe a foreign league and athletes who ply their trade there is. Shame on you.
Telling the truth about a league's level and the mentality of doing anything for money is not shameful, it's factual, if that's the worst post you've ever read you must be knew to the Caf.

Martial has cost this club huge amounts of money and has had little or better maybe occasional interest in playing, you can really understand people being fed up with him. Utd needed a striker because Martial can´t be relied upon Ighalo came we should all hope he has an impact.
Martial's scoring record for us is solid for a player that has had 3 different coaches, all with different approaches. Martial has been tagged with this lazy nonsense based off his sulky demeanour and the fact he doesn't run around meaninglessly like Rashford and Lingard do to make it look like they are contributing, when often all they are doing is wasting energy. The idea that a player who has been slumming it for years is going to resolve any issues we have is crazy, people talking like he's an improvement because of one good PL season 4 years ago.

Which is why he took a pay cut to join.
He's 31 in the summer and a United fan, he's been coining it for 3 years out there and now has 6 months to try and hook a spot at one of the biggest clubs in the world, it's not like he took a pay cut to play for Bournemouth or Burnley, and lets be real, a pay cut in this context is still huge money by ordinary people's standards.

He didn't go to China at 30 though, he was still in his prime when he went and took the first opportunity he could to make crazy money, I guess it depends on the person but unless you are a careless idiot you should be set for life on what he was getting paid per week at Watford, people live well on that type of pay per year.

Martial isn't lazy, it's a stereotype because he doesn't run around for the sake of it, that kinda stuff only seems to impress English fans who think "putting in a shift" is some sort of quality. Martial has been under a coach who didn't like him for 2 years as he wanted a defensive winger to fit his negative football, and has spent the last year under a manager who is massively out of his depth, it's not surprising he played his best under a proper coach like LvG in my view.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Telling the truth about a league's level and the mentality of doing anything for money is not shameful, it's factual, if that's the worst post you've ever read you must be knew to the Caf.
fecking hell, doing anything for money? He is playing football, not killing people.

youmeletsfly

Martial's scoring record for us is solid for a player that has had 3 different coaches, all with different approaches. Martial has been tagged with this lazy nonsense based off his sulky demeanour and the fact he doesn't run around meaninglessly like Rashford and Lingard do to make it look like they are contributing, when often all they are doing is wasting energy. The idea that a player who has been slumming it for years is going to resolve any issues we have is crazy, people talking like he's an improvement because of one good PL season 4 years ago.

He's 31 in the summer and a United fan, he's been coining it for 3 years out there and now has 6 months to try and hook a spot at one of the biggest clubs in the world, it's not like he took a pay cut to play for Bournemouth or Burnley, and lets be real, a pay cut in this context is still huge money by ordinary people's standards.

He didn't go to China at 30 though, he was still in his prime when he went and took the first opportunity he could to make crazy money, I guess it depends on the person but unless you are a careless idiot you should be set for life on what he was getting paid per week at Watford, people live well on that type of pay per year.

Martial isn't lazy, it's a stereotype because he doesn't run around for the sake of it, that kinda stuff only seems to impress English fans who think "putting in a shift" is some sort of quality. Martial has been under a coach who didn't like him for 2 years as he wanted a defensive winger to fit his negative football, and has spent the last year under a manager who is massively out of his depth, it's not surprising he played his best under a proper coach like LvG in my view.
You're a Martial fan, I get it now, no point taking the conversation further.

DBT85

You also have to remember where these players come from. In African countries, the pay gap is huge so if its either playing for Watford for 50k a week or in China for 300k a week, ofcourse they will chose the money. They are already away from their home and families.

The fact that he is willing to take a pay cut to play for us shows that he will care and one thing is for sure he will give his all.
He's also spent a lot back home to improve things for people where he grew up. It's not like he's just banked it all.

He's built orphanages and schools and shit.

romufc

He's also spent a lot back home to improve things for people where he grew up. It's not like he's just banked it all.

He's built orphanages and schools and shit.
Clearly he could have said, United in this state no thanks I will keep my 300k and play in China instead of going to United and get crucified by the fans.

I would like to see how he gets on, Watford fans seem to think he is a decent player.

Devil may care

fecking hell, doing anything for money? He is playing football, not killing people.
Oh god, talk about taking things out of context, I mean within the profession he works in, geez this place, it's like everyone needs a road map.

You're a Martial fan, I get it now, no point taking the conversation further.
That's like me dismissing your opinion because you're a "Martial hater".....it's juvenile, I don't think for a second Martial can't be replaced, nor am I against it, I just don't agree with this lazy bullshit and I don't think a guy who has been playing in China for 3 years and who has had one decent season to his name in the answer to any of the questions being asked at the club, there are lines of thought between labels like fanboy and hater where rational thought exists.

roonster09

Scout
Oh god, talk about taking things out of context, I mean within the profession he works in, geez this place, it's like everyone needs a road map.
Even in his profession what did he do? Did he fix games or do some illegal activity? He moved to country where he got more money and he helped his local community with lots of charity work.

Devil may care

Even in his profession what did he do? Did he fix games or do some illegal activity? He moved to country where he got more money and he helped his local community with lots of charity work.
He went to a bum league purely for the money, no career ambition, no drive to be a top level player at a big club and win trophies, it's different when players go the MLS at 31 or whatever, they are heading into the final stretch, but I thought it was a bum move when Oscar and Yannick Carrasco did it as well in the prime of their career, and the charity stuff is irrelevant, plenty of players have done substantial charity work without sacrificing their career or ambition, these guys in the PL are all on mega money anyways by real world standards, you make it sound like he went from sleeping in a cardboard box to 300k a week.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Really enjoyed that interview. Hope he delivers.

roonster09

Scout
He went to a bum league purely for the money, no career ambition, no drive to be a top level player at a big club and win trophies, it's different when players go the MLS at 31 or whatever, they are heading into the final stretch, but I thought it was a bum move when Oscar and Yannick Carrasco did it as well in the prime of their career, and the charity stuff is irrelevant, plenty of players have done substantial charity work without sacrificing their career or ambition, these guys in the PL are all on mega money anyways by real world standards, you make it sound like he went from sleeping in a cardboard box to 300k a week.
What career ambition he will be having playing for Watford?

No, not all players are on mega money and for the players who wants to give lot to the community money he was making at Watford wasn't enough. It's not as if he turned down Madrid , ManUtd to play in China. He was playing for fecking Watford with sole ambition to stay up.

You are making it sound as if he left big club and went to sleep in a cardboard box. He went to play football where he makes shit loads of money. Might be surprising, not everyone dreams of playing for Watford but every player dreams of making money. Also even more surprising, what you think is important isn't important for everyone. Everyone have different ambitions, commitments and career paths.

Devil may care

What career ambition he will be having playing for Watford?

No, not all players are on mega money and for the players who wants to give lot to the community money he was making at Watford wasn't enough. It's not as if he turned down Madrid , ManUtd to play in China. He was playing for fecking Watford with sole ambition to stay up.

You are making it sound as if he left big club and went to sleep in a cardboard box. He went to play football where he makes shit loads of money. Might be surprising, not everyone dreams of playing for Watford but every player dreams of making money. Also even more surprising, what you think is important isn't important for everyone. Everyone have different ambitions, commitments and career paths.
If he had any faith in his ability then surely he thought he could earn a move to a big club, I mean we were sniffing around him when LvG was here, Watford just didn't want to do business that January. You act like it was Watford or China. Bottom line is he's a mercenary, I don't care if a player only cares about money, I just don't want them at United, it hasn't worked out for us previously either. This pay cut/United fanboy narrative is just soppy bullshit, he's a striker who has been wasting his career for 3 years in a graveyard league, the idea this is some coup for us is nuts.

Truth is the only reason this truly bothers me is that if he scores 3 or 4 goals we'll make it permanent and wont address the striker issue properly, as that is how the club acts, our current manager is the embodiment of that type of bad decision making, the club said we'd wait until the end of the season to appoint a permanent manager, Ole has a good run and they just give him the job, then he goes on an equally bad run followed by our worst league season since the 80's and yet he's still in the job, and we needed a striker all month and waited until the last 24 hours to basically get a second rater from a dump league, it's not unreasonable to worry about the way the club is ran.

roonster09

Scout
If he had any faith in his ability then surely he thought he could earn a move to a big club, I mean we were sniffing around him when LvG was here, Watford just didn't want to do business that January. You act like it was Watford or China. Bottom line is he's a mercenary, I don't care if a player only cares about money, I just don't want them at United, it hasn't worked out for us previously either. This pay cut/United fanboy narrative is just soppy bullshit, he's a striker who has been wasting his career for 3 years in a graveyard league, the idea this is some coup for us is nuts.

Truth is the only reason this truly bothers me is that if he scores 3 or 4 goals we'll make it permanent and wont address the striker issue properly, as that is how the club acts, our current manager is the embodiment of that type of bad decision making, the club said we'd wait until the end of the season to appoint a permanent manager, Ole has a good run and they just give him the job, then he goes on an equally bad run followed by our worst league season since the 80's and yet he's still in the job, and we needed a striker all month and waited until the last 24 hours to basically get a second rater from a dump league, it's not unreasonable to worry about the way the club is ran.
Mercenary :lol: fecking hell.

Devil may care

Mercenary :lol: fecking hell.
Yeah, you know that word United fans use to describe Tevez and Di Maria for making purely money based career moves. This morning in the Smalling thread I see posters shitting on Maguire and wanting Smalling back, now I see fans hyping up this guy and dragging Martial, it's madness, Woodward and the Glazers aren't the biggest problem with United.

roonster09

Scout
Yeah, you know that word United fans use to describe Tevez and Di Maria for making purely money based career moves. This morning in the Smalling thread I see posters shitting on Maguire and wanting Smalling back, now I see fans hyping up this guy and dragging Martial, it's madness, Woodward and the Glazers aren't the biggest problem with United.
Weird post.

DoomSlayer

Jesus. :houllier: You know feck all about this man or what has happened to his career, why he has made the decisions he has and his general outlook on football. One of the most pathetic posts I've ever seen on the Caf.

Devil may care

Depends on what qualifies as solid.
By the way, can Lingard, Shaw, Rashford, Mata all use this excuse?
Rashford can as him and Martial play the same position, Mata's issue is simply that his lack of pace and strength are exposed more as he's getting older, Shaw's issue is fitness IMO, that's self discipline, but I've never had the hate on for him soe here do, I just think he's poor offensively. Lingard ha no excuses when we are talking 1 goal in an entire year in the PL.

Devil may care

Weird post.
Nope, just highlights the bizzaro nature of te caf and why we as fans are as big of an issue as anything with thi bipolar.

Jesus. :houllier: You know feck all about this man or what has happened to his career, why he has made the decisions he has and his general outlook on football. One of the most pathetic posts I've ever seen on the Caf.
Oh bugger off snowflake.

roonster09

Scout
Nope, just highlights the bizzaro nature of te caf and why we as fans are as big of an issue as anything with thi bipolar
Nothing to do with my post. If you want then quote those posts and highlight them.

Devil may care

Nothing to do with my post. If you want then quote those posts and highlight them.
It is to do with you and anyone trying to make bringing this guy in sound like a great idea, it's as bad as shitting on Maguire and pining for Smalling, if fans keep thinking this way then no wonder the Glazers can basically buy-off a walkout with Bruno, the mentality is too easily played like a fiddle.

roonster09

Scout
It is to do with you and anyone trying to make bringing this guy in sound like a great idea, it's as bad as shitting on Maguire and pining for Smalling, if fans keep thinking this way then no wonder the Glazers can basically buy-off a walkout with Bruno, the mentality is too easily played like a fiddle.
Maybe you should read posts instead of posting randomly.

Or if fans like you shit on the idea of signing players like Mane and other great players we will be shit all the time.

Seano_thegr81

I think its a strange appointment but lets give him a chance before we crucify him eh?

Devil may care

Maybe you should read posts instead of posting randomly.

Or if fans like you shit on the idea of signing players like Mane and other great players we will be shit all the time.
I have read your posts, you quoted me as you decided to read my post without the obvious context because you wanted to get your panties in a bunch and start a fight.

Haha! The Mane thing, y'know I held my hands up on that, but I've been right about a lot more, including Dan James that you ranted about, than I've been wrong, but this is different to bringing in a striker from a garbage league after 3 years there, like I said though, if I knew we wouldn't make it permanent I wouldn't be nearly as bothered, but our history of bad decisions mean it's a genuine worry.

Litch

Not kicked a ball in anger and the vultures are already circling. People need to stop looking at things solely through fan glasses. Footballers are employed to play football and there's not a person on here that if given the opportunity to earn 6x the amount you earn weekly for doing the job but easier isn't going to take it. Especially given if you only had a short career. People need to remember, it's not like he left a big club with CL football to play in China....

roonster09

Scout
Not kicked a ball in anger and the vultures are already circling. People need to stop looking at things solely through fan glasses. Footballers are employed to play football and there's not a person on here that if given the opportunity to earn 6x the amount you earn weekly for doing the job but easier isn't going to take it. Especially given if you only had a short career. People need to remember, it's not like he left a big club with CL football to play in China....
Yeah, playing for fecking Watford battling relegation or move to China to make shit loads of money? Easy decision.

R'hllor

So there is an outrage now for someone that thinks he is a merc for moving to play in China on 300k a week? Was there ever sympathy for anyone making China moves? Oscar etc.

Suv666

Martial has been tagged with this lazy nonsense based off his sulky demeanour and the fact he doesn't run around meaninglessly like Rashford and Lingard do to make it look like they are contributing, when often all they are doing is wasting energy.
Making runs into the box is wasting energy now apparently, whole team should stroll around like Martial :lol:
Stop being such a fanboy mate, yeah Martial has got talent but you cant just blame everyone and everything but Martial himself for his performances.
The **** of Martial is fecking weird man.

Suv666

I know his best days are past but I'm weirdly optimistic about this one. He's a proper number 9, should do us some good. Love his attitude by the way.

Devil may care

Making runs into the box is wasting energy now apparently, whole team should stroll around like Martial :lol:
Stop being such a fanboy mate, yeah Martial has got talent but you cant just blame everyone and everything but Martial himself for his performances.
The **** of Martial is fecking weird man.
Read the post just after that where someone else pulled the same lame fanboy shit, I already said I think Martial can be replaced, I don't give a feck about him or any of these players who have failed constantly, if we can upgrade then great, I wasn't against bringing Haaland in who may well have taken his spot, but Martial is scapegoated a lot because of his demeanour, I think he's been poor lately and said so, but people act like he's never played well for us and even in games where he's not been great he's still contributed, it's not one extreme or the other, I mean I have seen him and Rashford make runs in many games where Mata or McTominay or Lingard have decided to play the ball backwards or sideways instead of playing them in, the whole team is disjointed.

Joeace2020

To my namesake Odion, go out there and put pepper for their eyes. Let them know a Nigerian played at Old Trafford. All these oyinbo haters go tire for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.