6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

edgecutter

He won't make a difference with the way we play. He'll look just as bad as Martial today.

RedDevil@84

Poor Martial. Yet another competition. Wonder if he will start getting depressed again.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Name a few better strikers, realistically, we could have got to cover up midseason at deadline because of a recent injury and for a few months - compared to a Premier League proven striker. To say otherwise is just being borderline out of touch with reality and sheer entitlement.
I think we all think Ighalo was better than no one, sure. That doesn't mean he, or anyone, has to rate him, though.

The problem was us getting ourselves into the desperate position in the first place rather than the Ighalo himself.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He won't make a difference with the way we play. He'll look just as bad as Martial today.
I don't think he's instructed to do feck all for 90 minutes. His movement and willingness to get on the end of a final pass was shocking.

reddevil80

I hope he can help, but he did go nearly 6oo minutes without a premier league goal as I recall.
On the flip side, his first touch is a bit better than Lukaku's was, plus, Bruno can actually find the pass in front of him to latch on to so hopefully he may produce something with a bit of luck. We need James and Greenwood to make those runs into the channels and across the back line to help create more space for Ighalo.

Steerpike

Poor Martial. Yet another competition. Wonder if he will start getting depressed again.
When did he stop being depressed?

I'm looking forward to seeing Ighalo play for us. If, as I'm sure we all hope, Ighalo does well, Martial's attitude and contribution will come under the spotlight even more.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I imagine he might be on the bench for Chelsea match. His first start for us could very well be our next home game vs his old club, Watford. You can see the headlines already.

macheda14

I imagine he might be on the bench for Chelsea match. His first start for us could very well be our next home game vs his old club, Watford. You can see the headlines already.
‘Ighalo? Ighal-no! Striker fluffs chances as former club make United pay.’

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
‘Ighalo? Ighal-no! Striker fluffs chances as former club make United pay.’
Hahahahaha......wouldn't surprise me.

I think he'll do okay for us tbh. If Martial actually played as a number 9 and didn't drift inside and outwide all the time he'd have another 5/6 goals easy maybe more. He's never in the bleeding box. If Ighalo just does that he'll get a few goals by default even if he's absolutely guff.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I'm not bothered by this.

He's coming in as our back up guy for a few months and you'll never get Lewandowski agreeing to do that. He if comes in a scored a handful of goals when we need him I'll be happy with that.
The absolute disrespect .

Do you really think we’d sign his guy as a “back up” for a few months?

Our main striker is out until almost the ejd of the season and we’re gonna loan a striker just to sit him on the bench?!?

A lot of posters here criticise Ole for poor management and planning but boy, does that sound silly.

Gets a striker we desperately need. Puts him on the bench. Great sense.

Just smacks of entitlement of fans not knowing many leagues outside of the prem. I don’t either but I’m not gonna write him off just because I haven’t seen much of him

Ighalo is starting games and lots of them too!

Stadjer

The absolute disrespect .

Do you really think we’d sign his guy as a “back up” for a few months?

Our main striker is out until almost the ejd of the season and we’re gonna loan a striker just to sit him on the bench?!?

A lot of posters here criticise Ole for poor management and planning but boy, does that sound silly.

Gets a striker we desperately need. Puts him on the bench. Great sense.

Just smacks of entitlement of fans not knowing many leagues outside of the prem. I don’t either but I’m not gonna write him off just because I haven’t seen much of him

Ighalo is starting games and lots of them too!
Yes. Most here think he will be the back up guy... not disrespectful at all since you need a back up guy and he will be getting a nice financial compensation for it too.

When trying to score a goal Ole will bring on Lingard. Now he can bring on someone who might score.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Yes. Most here think he will be the back up guy... not disrespectful at all since you need a back up guy and he will be getting a nice financial compensation for it too.

When trying to score a goal Ole will bring on Lingard. Now he can bring on someone who might score.
Why would Ighalo be the back up guy when we couldve just relied on Martial, James for the next 8 weeks?

He’s gonna be starting a lot of games in my opinion as why else would we have bought him.

If his name was Haaland, would people be saying the same. (Not taking into account his Dortmund stats) No, because he’s been playing in Germany.

But as Ighalo has been playing in China, they suspect he’ll be on the bench.

It just doesnt make any sense, why else would we get him in just to sit on the bench?

DoomSlayer

Why would Ighalo be the back up guy when we couldve just relied on Martial, James for the next 8 weeks?

He’s gonna be starting a lot of games in my opinion as why else would we have bought him.

If his name was Haaland, would people be saying the same. (Not taking into account his Dortmund stats) No, because he’s been playing in Germany.

But as Ighalo has been playing in China, they suspect he’ll be on the bench.

It just doesnt make any sense, why else would we get him in just to sit on the bench?
Haaland was playing in Austria though, not in Germany

Nick7

“Our main striker” Rashford hasn’t played centre forward since October.

Devil may care

People talking about disrespect in a thread shitting on our own player Martial in favour of a guy that's been whoring out in a dustbin league for 3 years purely for money, crazy.

TheReligion

Abusive
Here's a thought. Could ighalo and Martial not play together? Allowing James, Greenwood and others to rotate for the other spot?

Yagami

Good post resistant
I don't think he's instructed to do feck all for 90 minutes. His movement and willingness to get on the end of a final pass was shocking.
This just isn't true. For the example, had had a tap in ready but Pereira opted to shoot, and Martial was visibly annoyed he didn't receive the pass afterwards.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
This just isn't true. For the example, had had a tap in ready but Pereira opted to shoot, and Martial was visibly annoyed he didn't receive the pass afterwards.
And so he should be. Shame he spent the other 89 minutes fecking around outside of the box without offering any runs for our midfielders and wingers to feed off. It isn’t just about getting on the end of the final ball either, seeing the odd bit of movement to open up space for the players behind him would be nice. I’d even settle for a static centre forward that brings other players into the game, but he spends so little time actually in the position he should be playing that we can’t even claim that of him. At the moment, he scores very little, he doesn’t open space up for other players, he doesn’t hold the ball up well enough, he doesn’t create and he doesn’t work hard. So what’s he there for exactly? What makes it so frustrating is he has the talent. It’s either down to a complete lack of understanding of the role or bone idleness.

Amir

;)

Yeah, you're not the first to point that out.

All due respect though, that was a year back. There was no corona virus (the delay in the start of the Chinese league means there's no reason to stay there right now) and there's no offer from Barcelona now.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We have 13 league games,
Minimum 2 Europa games and maximum 9 games
Minimum 1 FA cup game and maximum 4 games

So that's maximum of 26 games and minimum 18 games (I think we will reach next round in both cups so lets take 21 games)

If he scores around 10-12 goals in those games, would you sign him as back up and invest money for signing RW/CM and other positions or no matter what he does we shouldn't sign him?

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
People talking about disrespect in a thread shitting on our own player Martial in favour of a guy that's been whoring out in a dustbin league for 3 years purely for money, crazy.
This is the worst post I have ever read on here.

By the way, criticism of players is not disrespect, but the language you've used to describe a foreign league and athletes who ply their trade there is. Shame on you.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager

By the way, criticism of players is not disrespect, but the language you've used to describe a foreign league and athletes who ply their trade there is. Shame on you.
No difference to calling the French league a farmers league which many many people have done on this site. He was just exaggerating to explain that the Chinese League is a poor level compared to the top leagues in Europe.

SweetRightFoot

The Chinese league is a bit of a dustbin league though.

Source: I watch the Chinese league, even go to live games.

Ibi Dreams

We have 13 league games,
Minimum 2 Europa games and maximum 9 games
Minimum 1 FA cup game and maximum 4 games

So that's maximum of 26 games and minimum 18 games (I think we will reach next round in both cups so lets take 21 games)

If he scores around 10-12 goals in those games, would you sign him as back up and invest money for signing RW/CM and other positions or no matter what he does we shouldn't sign him?
Back up for who? Martial?

I don't think Martial is the answer up front, so no. We need to sign a new striker, Martial can stay as back up for him and for Rashford.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
No difference to calling the French league a farmers league which many many people have done on this site. He was just exaggerating to explain that the Chinese League is a poor level compared to the top leagues in Europe.
I get that he's exaggerating. But describing it as atrocious, very poor, or whatever would have come across better.
The Chinese league is a bit of a dustbin league though.

Source: I watch the Chinese league, even go to live games.
See above.

The players 'whoring' themselves out is also a bit too much.

Edit: and the fact that it's a post about 'disrespect' makes it stand out more.

arthurka

Martial has cost this club huge amounts of money and has had little or better maybe occasional interest in playing, you can really understand people being fed up with him. Utd needed a striker because Martial can´t be relied upon Ighalo came we should all hope he has an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.