Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I'm made up for him. Seems genuinely star struck to play for us.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I don't care what happens during the next 6 months. After that first interview, I love this guy already.

DBT85

To my namesake Odion, go out there and put pepper for their eyes. Let them know a Nigerian played at Old Trafford. All these oyinbo haters go tire for you.
Is there any kind of vibe out there about him playing for United?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
What an odd thread to have a massive balls-out meltdown :lol:

I think someone needs to put down the bottle and step away from the keyboard for a bit.

DoomSlayer

Oh bugger off snowflake.
I'm a snowflake for pointing out that you have no idea why Ighalo has made those choices in his career?

I have no problem with your general skepticism about the signing and his quality, but questioning his morality, professionalism and ambition is just pathetic, when you know feck all about him or why he chose to go to a place where he can earn a shit ton of money. Maybe do some research first and give it a bit of time before being so definitive, it just makes you look like an entitled twat.

arthurka

Telling the truth about a league's level and the mentality of doing anything for money is not shameful, it's factual, if that's the worst post you've ever read you must be knew to the Caf.

Martial's scoring record for us is solid for a player that has had 3 different coaches, all with different approaches. Martial has been tagged with this lazy nonsense based off his sulky demeanour and the fact he doesn't run around meaninglessly like Rashford and Lingard do to make it look like they are contributing, when often all they are doing is wasting energy. The idea that a player who has been slumming it for years is going to resolve any issues we have is crazy, people talking like he's an improvement because of one good PL season 4 years ago.

He's 31 in the summer and a United fan, he's been coining it for 3 years out there and now has 6 months to try and hook a spot at one of the biggest clubs in the world, it's not like he took a pay cut to play for Bournemouth or Burnley, and lets be real, a pay cut in this context is still huge money by ordinary people's standards.

He didn't go to China at 30 though, he was still in his prime when he went and took the first opportunity he could to make crazy money, I guess it depends on the person but unless you are a careless idiot you should be set for life on what he was getting paid per week at Watford, people live well on that type of pay per year.

Martial isn't lazy, it's a stereotype because he doesn't run around for the sake of it, that kinda stuff only seems to impress English fans who think "putting in a shift" is some sort of quality. Martial has been under a coach who didn't like him for 2 years as he wanted a defensive winger to fit his negative football, and has spent the last year under a manager who is massively out of his depth, it's not surprising he played his best under a proper coach like LvG in my view.
Don't know where to begin with this, but ok I don't think it will bring either of us anything positive discussing Martial as you clearly are on the band wagon.

Heinzesight

Already like this guy. It helps that he’s the toppest of top reds and he will give everything to make it work.

NYAS

The last couple of pages here is making the Caf look like Reddit. It’s pathetic and needs cleaning up.

Artorias

What an odd thread to have a massive balls-out meltdown :lol:

I think someone needs to put down the bottle and step away from the keyboard for a bit.
Hahaha Yeah. The man haven't kick a ball yet and people is crazy here.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
He loves it here!

He’s gonna put in a real shift and I hope that he scores a few goals and signs permanently, don’t doubt that he will break his nose to score!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Big love to those who seem to think turning down moves from fighting relegation at Watford to triple, quadruple or even quintuple your salary abroad is somehow the height of ambition

buckooo1978

hes going to give every ounce of energy to make the most of this loan....

really looking forward to seeing him and with that level of effort he will do well

Robert

I love his character and personality already, from the interviews and chat I've seen he radiates good energy and seems as passionate about the club as most diehard fans.

I hope it works out for him and us. A memorable Henrik-esque galvanising loan signing would be so satisfying.

redshaw

Expecting him to lead the line with Martial on the left and Greenwood/James on the right.

If him and Bruno can get 5+ goals each we could be in with a shout to get 4th still or win Europa.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He kinda looks like Avon Barksdale. Hopefully he'll get past bodies in the box as easy as he did.

Devil may care

I'm a snowflake for pointing out that you have no idea why Ighalo has made those choices in his career?

I have no problem with your general skepticism about the signing and his quality, but questioning his morality, professionalism and ambition is just pathetic, when you know feck all about him or why he chose to go to a place where he can earn a shit ton of money. Maybe do some research first and give it a bit of time before being so definitive, it just makes you look like an entitled twat.
Don't give me that bullshit, nobody needs 300K a week to give to the needy no matter what supehero excuse you are buying into, get the feck outta here with that crap. Also you don't know the meaning of the word entitled as it doesn't fit anywhere into this sentence that would make sense, don't presume to know anyone else's struggle either as it seems to bother you when I question someone making a move to a dumpster league for monetary reasons.

Don't know where to begin with this, but ok I don't think it will bring either of us anything positive discussing Martial as you clearly are on the band wagon.
Nope, wrong again, does anyone read beyond the first post? Seriously man, I already said in this thread that I don't think Martial is good enough to be locked in, I do think he can be upgraded, but I also don't buy into this narrative that he's a lazy sack of shit that hasn't produced anything for us, it's one extreme or the other with most here. I do think ALL of our attacking players would show more if we had a coaching staff that had a clue how to coach the offense, take Martial out for a moment and the movement in general is atrocious, that's down to lack of coaching of attacking patterns, it was shown with how frustrated Bruno was when he got the ball and had nobody to play in as we were static, do you think we just have the stupidest players in the world that can't follow coaching? None of these forwards have played under an attacking coach yet.

Seriously, some posters should really consider supporting other clubs that can make them happier.
Since when was supporting a football club about happiness? There's always plenty of pain to go with the good times, one isn't the same without the other.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Don't give me that bullshit, nobody needs 300K a week to give to the needy no matter what supehero excuse you are buying into, get the feck outta here with that crap. Also you don't know the meaning of the word entitled as it doesn't fit anywhere into this sentence that would make sense, don't presume to know anyone else's struggle either as it seems to bother you when I question someone making a move to a dumpster league for monetary reasons.

Nope, wrong again, does anyone read beyond the first post? Seriously man, I already said in this thread that I don't think Martial is good enough to be locked in, I do think he can be upgraded, but I also don't buy into this narrative that he's a lazy sack of shit that hasn't produced anything for us, it's one extreme or the other with most here. I do think ALL of our attacking players would show more if we had a coaching staff that had a clue how to coach the offense, take Martial out for a moment and the movement in general is atrocious, that's down to lack of coaching of attacking patterns, it was shown with how frustrated Bruno was when he got the ball and had nobody to play in as we were static, do you think we just have the stupidest players in the world that can't follow coaching? None of these forwards have played under an attacking coach yet.

Since when was supporting a football club about happiness? There's always plenty of pain to go with the good times, one isn't the same without the other.
Hahahaha who are you dude? Do you hear yourself? You sound more frustrated than anything else. Might need a missus in your life to keep your head above your tits if you know what I mean.
Can you factually prove that he did not move to a better paying club to give back to the poor?
You may not know what poverty is like but it’s real and there are people who give back knowing they’ve been there and suffered.
And let’s be honest obviously he didn’t just make the move to help the poor, but to say no one would do it just to give back sounds immensely senseless to me.
You sound like you live in your tiny bubble and you aren’t aware of aforementioned examples of human beings who don’t just think about satisfying their own needs or wants. Basically people like you.
I’m pretty sure he wasn’t going to earn all that money at watford or maybe being relegated and earning half of whatever he’d been earning there. People like him support a lot of people not just their families. They are an icon in their countries, a source of inspiration for their cultures and an example for future generations so I’m damn sure he probably did want to give back more than others and what better way then to choose a better financial alternative specially when he was approaching the final segments of his career.
Wake up!

Devil may care

Hahahaha who are you dude? Do you hear yourself? You sound more frustrated than anything else. Might need a missus in your life to keep your head above your tits if you know what I mean.
Can you factually prove that he did not move to a better paying club to give back to the poor?
You may not know what poverty is like but it’s real and there are people who give back knowing they’ve been there and suffered.
And let’s be honest obviously he didn’t just make the move to help the poor, but to say no one would do it just to give back sounds immensely senseless to me.
You sound like you live in your tiny bubble and you aren’t aware of aforementioned examples of human beings who don’t just think about satisfying their own needs or wants. Basically people like you.
I’m pretty sure he wasn’t going to earn all that money at watford or maybe being relegated and earning half of whatever he’d been earning there. People like him support a lot of people not just their families. They are an icon in their countries, a source of inspiration for their cultures and an example for future generations so I’m damn sure he probably did want to give back more than others and what better way then to choose a better financial alternative specially when he was approaching the final segments of his career.
Wake up!
Despite how obnoxious, hypocritical and poorly formatted this post is, I'll give you a quick response, lets give the club a call and tell them to cancel his tracksuit and get him a cape.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I find it odd that anyone would subject themselves to the constant negativity and stress. Supporting the club is clearly not at all enjoyable for some right now. Football is supposed to be an entertaining escape, why not follow something you'd enjoy more.

Devil may care

I find it odd that anyone would subject themselves to the constant negativity and stress. Supporting the club is clearly not at all enjoyable for some right now. Football is supposed to be an entertaining escape, why not follow something you'd enjoy more.
Because after 33 years you don't get to choose, it's not like watching a TV show that goes off the boil after a few seasons and you just ditch it, or a singer who's album quality deteriates and you just stop buying their stuff, a fan and a football club is like a marriage, an abusive one at times.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He really doesn't :lol:
I think he does. He is a little fatter in the face but similar smile, cheek bones and a few similarities around the eyes. Maybe it's just the light and close up angle, I never noticed it before watching this recent interview.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Despite how obnoxious, hypocritical and poorly formatted this post is, I'll give you a quick response, lets give the club a call and tell them to cancel his tracksuit and get him a cape.
Please please do explain how in the world was that hypocritical? And I don’t need to format my messages for you of all people you entitled twat.
Also - you’re one to mention the word obnoxious. If only you’d read your replies twice before posting them, you might even opt not to post them eventually. The only thing obnoxious is your tone in general and your mindset. I guess it makes sense since the word positive probably doesn’t exist in that negative mind of yours.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We have 13 league games,
Minimum 2 Europa games and maximum 9 games
Minimum 1 FA cup game and maximum 4 games

So that's maximum of 26 games and minimum 18 games (I think we will reach next round in both cups so lets take 21 games)

If he scores around 10-12 goals in those games, would you sign him as back up and invest money for signing RW/CM and other positions or no matter what he does we shouldn't sign him?
I wouldn't judge striker by just their goals, but also how he's affecting the team play.

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He loves it here!

He’s gonna put in a real shift and I hope that he scores a few goals and signs permanently, don’t doubt that he will break his nose to score!

He needs a better phone.

SteveW

Risk free loan signing in a position where we desperately needed cover. Turned down one of our main top 4 rivals to come here. United supporter who will give every ounce he has to help the team.

But this being the caf there will of course be meltdowns and negativity.

TheReligion

Abusive
The irony here is Ighalo is more of a United fan than half of this forum. Proper red. Go on lad prove them wrong!

Red14Devil9

Hopefully, he is going to be a good addition to the squad until the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.