Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReddBalls

He loves it here!

He’s gonna put in a real shift and I hope that he scores a few goals and signs permanently, don’t doubt that he will break his nose to score!

Someone wrote a song about him? I'm sold!

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Ibrahimovic came from USA straight to Seria A and is doing well. I don't know quite how USA compares to China but I imagine the level is similar.

Ighalo is probably not playing to his fullest potential there, he's just taking the money and having fun. At United he's going to be giving 110% effort, and he knows what it takes to play at this level already.
I wish we would make our minds up about Seria A, cause when Lukaku scores loads there its becuase its an easy league to score in etc etc.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I wish we would make our minds up about Seria A, cause when Lukaku scores loads there its becuase its an easy league to score in etc etc.
I’m sure lukaku would score in USA also.

RadamelFalcon

He can't fly to Spain due to Corona Virus issues upon his return to the UK. How is he going to play in the Europa league?

MuranoLover

So the guys is not travelling with us cause we don't know if he has coronavirus or not, just great

TheReligion

Abusive
So the guys is not travelling with us cause we don't know if he has coronavirus or not, just great
That's not true at all.

The club don't want to risk taking him as he might have issues getting in and then out of the country given his travel history.

Let's not be a little liar about it.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Rashford didn't get injured until the last week of jan.
Martial was injured earlier in the season and it was obvious we needed another forward even before then

Holters

I don't know quite how USA compares to China but I imagine the level is similar.
I have no idea about the level of the Chinese league, but MSL is atrocious. I lived 6 months in San Francisco and watched a few matches. Most of the matches I watched were played in the middle of the summer, but the pace and quality was really poor. I would say the quality might be on par with the Norwegian premier league, but the pace was slower. MSL might have improved since then though...

Classical Mechanic

Some noobs in the press have been questioning if this signing compromises Ole's 'culture' change. I don't think it does. He's desperate to play for United and has taken a big pay cut to do so.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I have no idea about the level of the Chinese league, but MSL is atrocious. I lived 6 months in San Francisco and watched a few matches. Most of the matches I watched were played in the middle of the summer, but the pace and quality was really poor. I would say the quality might be on par with the Norwegian premier league, but the pace was slower. MSL might have improved since then though...
I'd be surprised if the MLS was better than Tippeligaen. MLS have a few top quality players that raise the average of the teams but take them out of the equation and what are you left with? The league is hardly exporting much talent. It's all imported.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
A silly stat to use when he's played far less games.than others

The full picture shows 46 goals in 72 matches - it's a good record, but means nothing for the PL really
Well it does show that he knows where the goal is, similar to Greenwood who also played at a level that is not comparable to the PL but is still scoring his fair share despite not being ready. Hopefully even if Ighalo ultimately isn't good enough even as a stop gap, he'll score the goals needed to see us not suffer in all competitions this season.

TheReligion

Abusive
I had a dream last night that Ighalo started off a little rusty but ended up scoring a couple of big goals for us at the Stretford End becoming a bit of a cult hero in the process. Very vivid.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Martial to start, then after he walked enough, Ighalo comes on, runs his lung out, scores the winner, while camera is on Tony crying on the bench.

P.S. He will probably get last 25, 30 minutes.
Martial will almost certainly move out to the left wing when Ighalo comes on, barring injury. If Ighalo then does well enough I'd expect that to be our starting combination until Rashford is back.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
What will Ighola be missing out by not being in Spain and how will it manifest itself early in his playing carrer at United?

TheReligion

Abusive
This is the kind of stuff I like to hear. I'm sure we have a lot of players who are just happy to turn up at training, do an hour in the gym and feck off. We need more of this - taking responsibility to improve.
Agreed. Whatever your opinion is of the player you can't help but smile and wish him well from everything we've heard and seen so far. He's obviously desperate to be here and wants to help us succeed. How anyone can be overly negative about this is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.