Official: FC Barcelona charged with Corruption over payments to former referees chief | UEFA open investigation

Oranges038

Simply as clarification. In the statement to the tax agency, Negreira said "pay for neutrality" as a personal hypothesis, nobody from Barcelona told him that.
He just assumed that's why they were giving him all that money?

NLunited

Mother of God, what barbarity!!!

You make copy paste of biased information, invented information or half-truths of pages without credibility and here people tell you what a great job and also believe everything.
:lol:
Shut it troll.

Strelok

We certainly do not know but this was the news from yesterday:

According to this article Negreira was paid 3.9M€ by Barca 2013-2018, but his account never had more than 280k€. He constantly withdrew money. In that timeframe he withdrew 2.8M€ in 277 checks. Of these, 215 were smaller than 3k€ so he could hide them from the Spanish Tax Agency.

Certainly those 277 checks had to reach someone (as he didn't keep the money), we just don't know who.
More like we have no proof but we surely know who were the refs in Barca matches I think ;)

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
More like we have no proof but we surely know who were the refs in Barca matches I think ;)
There is nothing definite about that (and I am not sure they will find any proofs as everything was moved in cash) but one article was published following that general premise:

According to this article Negreira would withdraw up to 150k€ in checks. The investigation will determine whether there is a relation with the matches:

On April 27, 2014, he withdrew 50,000€. Three days before that a Clásico was played at the Bernabéu that Barcelona won (2-3), Sergio Ramos was sent off.

On September 29, 2016, Negreira made cash withdrawals in the amount of €150,000. On the 21st, he had received a transfer from Barça worth €197,519. On the 21st of that month, Barcelona faced Atlético Madrid at the Camp Nou with a 1-1 result.

These are extraordinary amounts as he would normally withdraw amounts smaller than 3k€ to hide them from the Tax Agency.

Last edited:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
How long before they flip Negreira? Or others related to the deal , they've got him on financial charges if not the football ones. I imagine he'll be offered a deal once the evidence has been collected. It's the only sensible course of action to take in a case like this.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Shame this is happening in Spain.
If it was over here, Negreira would have probably committed suicide by now with 2 headshots :angel:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Shame this is happening in Spain.
If it was over here, Negreira would have probably committed suicide by now with 2 headshots :angel:
That’s a big shame, yes. Nothing better than a person committing s*icide, eh?

Godfather

We certainly do not know but this was the news from yesterday:

According to this article Negreira was paid 3.9M€ by Barca 2013-2018, but his account never had more than 280k€. He constantly withdrew money. In that timeframe he withdrew 2.8M€ in 277 checks. Of these, 215 were smaller than 3k€ so he could hide them from the Spanish Tax Agency.

Certainly those 277 checks had to reach someone (as he didn't keep the money), we just don't know who.
I don't get how even the biggest Barca fanboys can have excuses for that? That's an enormous amount of money that obviously strongly indicates bribery.

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
This might be the first consequences for Barca for the Negreira affair:

As explained before, Barca are in the middle of a huge infraestructure remodelation called "Espai Barça". Works valued 1.5B€ plus interests. They don't have the funding yet, they planned to close it before 31 of March, proof, but they have already started demolishing part of the Camp Nou. Barca's own pictures

According to this article Laporta said Barca had the finantiation but they were still evaluating the best option between the different alternatives.

At first, Goldman Sachs was the best option to provide the financing but they asked the board for information regarding the impact the official charge and UEFA's investigation could have.

According to this article Goldman Sachs would now be asking for an interest rate not smaller than 10%, while Barca's board are expecting a 6%

NLunited

I don't get how even the biggest Barca fanboys can have excuses for that? That's an enormous amount of money that obviously strongly indicates bribery.
Denial. It‘s easier to believe the Barça lies than confront the truth: that Barça is a corrupt club through and through.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Mother of God, what barbarity!!!

You make copy paste of biased information, invented information or half-truths of pages without credibility and here people tell you what a great job and also believe everything.
:lol:
It's simple. People believe what they want to believe.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Irony is not just lost on the two of you, you tortured it, murdered it, cut it into pieces and then you threw the pieces into a volcano.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
If people like Niemans had made better arguments than "we should have won all the league titles" then there'd be a little more skepticism about the accusations here.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Must be hard to find that balance between paying him just enough to make sure the balance is absolutely neutral and not paying slightly too much so that he’s slightly disposed towards you. Like tipping on holidays.
They've got decades of experience, if anyone can do it, it's them.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
TBF, A Messi like performance could be tax evasion too ;)

It's a good thing there's courts of law based on due process, so we can settle things and not base everything on belief. For instance, the fact that money was paid for about 18 years and stopped once Negreira left his job it's not based on people's belief, isn't it?

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
TBF, A Messi like performance could be tax evasion too ;)

It's a good thing there's courts of law based on due process, so we can settle things and not base everything on belief. For instance, the fact that money was paid for about 18 years and stopped once Negreira left his job it's not based on people's belief, isn't it?
To be fair this is what we belief but there is no proof.
According to Bertomeu they stopped paying him just because they needed to cut expenses. The fact that Negreira stopped being the ref VP I guess was just a coincidence :rolleyes:

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Insulting another member
I mean, you’ve proven yourself to be an idiot time and again, so you can’t be surprised if the vast majority of people continue to mock the shitty excuses and poor attempts of your President at gaslighting for your clubs behavior.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
“They just hacked the strikers, how is that not a penalty?!!”
“We completely letting barca get away with murder, its called being neutral and impartial”

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
Recent news:

---According to this article Barca paid extra 10k€ annually so that Negreira's son (who also worked as ref mental coach and things like that) would drive the refs to Camp Nou either from their hotel or the airport.

This is known thanks a handwritten note found in the house of Josep Contreras a deceased Barca high executive:

The note also reads:
"Work to do
Video of Barca (of its players) refering to the ref decisions, so that the ref is not contrary to Barca"

Regarding Negreira's son driving the refs to the Camp Nou we know that he did so until very recently when the current Ref Committee explicitly forbid it.

We also have on testimony of such event: Negreira´s son was with the 4 refs (referee, two assistant referees and the fourth referee) on the way
a game at Camp Nou he told them:

“You already know: here, calm down. Barcelona has a lot at stake and you can´t hesitate. You are more than prepared. You know exactly what you have to do." Proof of this

---Joan Laporta is still, today, the VP of the Spanish FA (RFEF), Proof. How is that possible you may ask.

Rubiales, the president of the Spanish FA, is a good friend of Barca. He was in cahoots with Piqué while he was still an active player and when it was revealed he declared there was no conflict of interest.

When the police asked Rubiales if Barca could legally pay Negreira (he was the VP of the ref committee which depends of the Spanish FA) he also declared there was no conflict of interest.

But Barca was even better friends with Villar, the previous president of the Spanish FA and the center of the whole Villarato theory.

Villar was the one who appointed Negreira the ref VP, and yesterday he said the following:

"I appointed Negreira and I never betray. If they betray me that's their problem, not mine"

It's been discussed that with this declaration he wanted to say that he will not betray Negreira nor reveal any information about him and he should do the same or it will become a problem for him.

Villar is currently been investigated for "Caso Soule" involving a diversion of 22M€ from the Spanish FA. Josep Contreras, the deceased Barca executive from before, is/was also involved in this case. Also, Barca paid Negreira's son through companies of Contreras who would keep half of it. So he was in the middle of everything.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Recent news:

---According to this article Barca paid extra 10k€ annually so that Negreira's son (who also worked as ref mental coach and things like that) would drive the refs to Camp Nou either from their hotel or the airport.

This is known thanks a handwritten note found in the house of Josep Contreras a deceased Barca high executive:

The note also reads:
"Work to do
Video of Barca (of its players) refering to the ref decisions, so that the ref is not contrary to Barca"

Regarding Negreira's son driving the refs to the Camp Nou we know that he did so until very recently when the current Ref Committee explicitly forbid it.

We also have on testimony of such event: Negreira´s son was with the 4 refs (referee, two assistant referees and the fourth referee) on the way
a game at Camp Nou he told them:

“You already know: here, calm down. Barcelona has a lot at stake and you can´t hesitate. You are more than prepared. You know exactly what you have to do." Proof of this

---Joan Laporta is still, today, the VP of the Spanish FA (RFEF), Proof. How is that possible you may ask.

Rubiales, the president of the Spanish FA, is a good friend of Barca. He was in cahoots with Piqué while he was still an active player and when it was revealed he declared there was no conflict of interest.

When the police asked Rubiales if Barca could legally pay Negreira (he was the VP of the ref committee which depends of the Spanish FA) he also declared there was no conflict of interest.

But Barca was even better friends with Villar, the previous president of the Spanish FA and the center of the whole Villarato theory.

Villar was the one who appointed Negreira the ref VP, and yesterday he said the following:

"I appointed Negreira and I never betray. If they betray me that's their problem"

It's been discussed that with this declaration he wanted to say that he will not betray Negreira nor reveal any information about him and he should do the same or it will become a problem for him.

Villar is currently been investigated for "Caso Soule" involving a diversion of 22M€ from the Spanish FA. Josep Contreras, the deceased Barca executive from before, is/was also involved in this case.
Can’t wait to hear Baghdad Bob explain this one

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I mean, you’ve proven yourself to be an idiot time and again, so you can’t be surprised if the vast majority of people continue to mock the shitty excuses and poor attempts of your President at gaslighting for your clubs behavior.
No need to call the man an idiot because he has a different opinion tbh.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Having a different opinion is fine, that's hardly why he's being called an idiot.
I mean does the why matter at all. I think the Barca fans are a bit embarrassing in here but it’s hardly a reason to resort to playground insults when you can just mock the content of their posts instead.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I mean does the why matter at all. I think the Barca fans are a bit embarrassing in here but it’s hardly a reason to resort to playground insults when you can just mock the content of their posts instead.
In this context, is it actually an insult? What would be a better description?

top1whoisman

Scout
What do you do when all the content is idiotic? What conclusion do you draw?
The conclusion then is that all of their content is idiotic. I still don't see the need to come up with a description for the poster. To each their own.

JPRouve

Scout
The conclusion then is that all of their content is idiotic. I still don't see the need to come up with a description for the poster. To each their own.
And the content is somehow independent from the people creating it?

Let's be clear about something here, the reason you shouldn't call somehow an idiot is to keep a certain level of peace. It's not because the person isn't an idiot and calling the content idiotic and every other workaround are fine but let's not be cowardly and pretend that we don't all know exactly what we are thinking.

top1whoisman

Scout

Let's be clear about something here, the reason you shouldn't call somehow an idiot is to keep a certain level of peace. It's not because the person isn't an idiot and calling the content idiotic and every other workaround are fine but let's not be cowardly and pretend that we don't all know exactly what we are thinking.
Okay. I've always been taught to separate the person and the action. For example, to me people do criminal acts, but those people are not criminals. People do stupid stuff but to me that doesn't make the people stupid etc. Especially when it comes to insulting words, I try to remember that. But let's leave it at that. As I said, to each their own.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Pretty much.

JPRouve

Scout
Okay. I've always been taught to separate the person and the action. For example, to me people do criminal acts, but those people are not criminals. People do stupid stuff but to me that doesn't make the people stupid etc. Especially when it comes to insulting words, I try to remember that. But let's leave it at that. As I said, to each their own.
Do you apply that logic for positive traits? Someone showing overall athleticism isn't athletic, someone demonstrating agility isn't agile, someone repeatedly demonstrating intelligence isn't intelligent?

top1whoisman

Scout
Do you apply that logic for positive traits? Someone showing overall athleticism isn't athletic, someone demonstrating agility isn't agile, someone repeatedly demonstrating intelligence isn't intelligent?
Guess it was more of a lesson not to insult people. You know to attack the post, not the poster as they say on this forum.